This article belongs to Withersoul 235 and Marx422 (we make articles together). Please do not edit whatsoever. Comment if you see an error and we'll fix it. If we give permission, than you can edit it. Have a nice day, <insert your name here> !
|Sonic the Hedgehog 2 +|
|Publisher(s)||SEGA, Expansion Corporations, Inc.|
|Platform(s)||Sega Game Gear +|
| January 27, 2020|
Sonic the Hedgehog 2 + is a remake of the original 8-bit Sonic the Hedgehog 2, released in 2020 for Game Gear +.
There is now an expanded storyline:
The game begins with Robotnik flying in the Egg-O-Matic, having Tails grabbed by the claw attachment. Sonic runs after Robotnik, but right as he gets his top speed, which would have been enough to save his pal, Robotnik flies diagonally to the top right and escapes. Sonic must collect all emeralds and save his friend.
Depending on the emerald count of the player, three endings can occur:
- Worst Ending (Zero Emeralds): Sonic has not saved Tails, and Robotnik sends him to a prison on another galaxy, meaning that Sonic will never see his friend again.
- Bad Ending (1-2 Emeralds): Sonic has not saved Tails, and Robotnik secretly strangles the fox.
- Normal Ending (3-4 Emeralds): Sonic has saved Tails.
- Best Ending (All Emeralds): Sonic has saved Tails, and an image of the two appears in the sky, showing their bond.
- The Master System intro is used.
- The Game Gear boss theme is used for the first six bosses, the Master System boss theme for the final boss.
- Extra levels are added for Crystal Egg.
- In all boss levels but the first and last (Antlion and Egg Chamber), there are now rings.
- Speed Shoes are now in the game. In the original, they were absent in the Game Gear version.