Sonic the Hedgehog: The Origin is a film focusing on Sonic the Hedgehog's origins, while being based on games Sonic the Hedgehog 1-3 and also including the early Sonic canon. However, there are some minor differences, like the appearance of characters Amy Rose and Metal Sonic. It will be released on October 2014. This film will run for more than 2 hours.
The film is based on the first main three Sonic games and the early Sonic canon. This film is set on Mobius.
The story begins with a baby brown hedgehog being found in a nearby hill by various woodland animals, who then take him to be taken care of. About twelve years later, the hedgehog, named Sonic, calls out for his animal friends and then tries to prove to all the animals that he is the fastest thing alive, and starts running. There, he runs across an underground lab, run by a kindly and gentle scientist called Dr. Ovi Kintobor, who somehow ends up in Mobius from Earth. Sonic then tries to tell Kintobor that he's the fastest thing alive, which impresses Kintobor, who then asks Sonic to change his shoes and run on his latest invention, the Kinetic Gyroscope. Sonic then changes his shoes and starts running on the Kinetic Gyroscope, but suddenly runs too fast, which Kintobor attempts to stop him, but Sonic's speed results in the Kinetic Gyroscope exploding, turning the brown hedgehog into a new blue image, which makes Kintobor feel scared but impressed by his appearance. A day later, Sonic and Kintobor feel hungry, so Kintobor checks his fridge, but there was nothing but a rotten egg which has been left inside there for six months. Kintobor then takes out the egg and attempts to fix it, but trops on a wire which causes the scientist to fall on the Retro-Orbital Chaos Compressor, which then explodes out of pure evil energy, transforming the kindly scientist into an obese, cruel and ruthless maniac called Dr. Ivo Robotnik. Horrified by this incident, Sonic quickly escapes from the lab, which Robotnik chases him into Green Hill Zone.
More coming soon...
Differences between the games and the movie
- Amy Rose and Metal Sonic appear in the film, despite beng in Sonic CD.
- All characters have their modern designs, but Amy and Eggman has different outfits.
- Chris Hemsworth as Sonic the Hedgehog, the main protagonist of the film, who likes to claim that he's the fastest thing alive. He was raised by a group of woodland animals since he was a baby, and now sets his adventure to stop Robotnik's misdeeds.
- Bruce Willis as Dr. Ovi Kintobor/Ivo "Eggman" Robotnik, the main antagonist of the film, who starts out as a good hearted scientist called Kintobor until a massive accident involving the Retro-Orbital Chaos Compressor.
- Jackson Nicoll as Miles "Tails" Prower, a young fox cub adopted by Sonic who can invent various vehicles such as plane.
- Hayden Panettiere as Amy Rose, who claims to be Sonic's number one fan and girlfriend, and is always crazy for the blue hedgehog.
- Jonathan Groff as Knuckles the Echidna, a tough and strong echidna who always guards the Master Emerald from any intruders on Angel Island.
- Sylvester Stallone as Metal Sonic, a robotic copy of Sonic created by Robotnik for his evil schemes.
- This is the second Sonic movie, the first being Sonic the Hedgehog: The Movie.
- The film covers up the three classic Sonic the Hedgehog games.