|Sonic Classic Clash|
|Platform(s)||Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo 2DS|
|Genre(s)||Cross between fighting game and platformer.|
|Series||Sonic the Hedgehog|
|Max. amount of players||2|
While there is no story for multiplayer mode, there is a story for singleplayer.
There is a one and a life-time fighting world championship being held within Mobius. The winner of the competition is rewarded with an infinite supply of rings and a trophy with their face carved in. Wanting in, Sonic and his friends join the competition.
There's separate yet similar endings depending on which character wins the competition. If Sonic wins, he simply holds up the trophy on the stadium, while Eggman is in shame. Tails is also congratulating Sonic. If Tails wins he flies away in his tornado, with Sonic and Knuckles cheering him on. If Knuckles wins, he actually gives it to Sonic, and walks back off to his island, while Sonic remains shocked. If Dr. Eggman wins, he takes over the world with the rings he gained, and the world is in destruction. If Amy wins, she chases Sonic, bribing him with money so he could marry her. Metal Sonic's ending is the same as Eggman's.
GameplayThe gameplay plays similarly to Sonic the Hedgehog 3. Each character moves with the Circle Pad, or the D-Pad, and jumps with A. They can attack with B. Y and X activates the special ability when the bar is full, and finally, Start pauses the game.
Every attack always deals damage, and knockback. Some attacks are stronger than others, and a stronger attack will always beat the weaker one. Once your health bar reaches zero, you lose. As you fight, your special ability bar increases. Once it's at full capacity, you can let out your special ability, that varies every fighter.
There are multiple stages within the game, that all are based off of original locations from the Sonic series. Each location has something different with them, and has a special feature.
Every item is given within a monitor, and they all have special effects.
- Shields - The three elemental shields from Sonic the Hedgehog 3 return, and protect the user from the element of the shield (additionally, the water shield protects you from ice). However, Sonic does not get any addition jumping abilities with these.
- The original shield from Sonic 1, 2 and CD appears too. This shield now blocks projectiles.
- Speed Shoes - The speed shoes gives the user a faster acceleration and run speed.
- Slow Shoes - The slow shoes decreases the user's acceleration and run speed.
- Power Gloves - The Power Gloves makes the user's attacks (except special abilities) stronger.
- Rings - Upon hitting the ring monitor, the user's health will be regenerated by 20.
- Eggman - Upon hitting the Eggman monitor, the user's health will degrade by 10 and they'll be knocked back.
- Invincibilty - The Invincibility Monitor makes the user invincibile.
- S Monitor - The rare S Monitor will instantly increase the user's special ability meter.
- Water Goggles - The Water Goggles allow the user to stand on water.
- Spring - The Spring puts a spring under the user, and they can bounce around for 15 seconds. The user can land on enemies and they'll be hurt.
- Reverse Controls - The Reverse Controls monitor makes the enemy's controls reverse.
- Recycler - The Recycler monitor only appears if an enemy has a status item. It will give the enemy item to the user of the Recycler.
- Teleport - The Teleport monitor will switch each player's positions with one another.