The player has six needs, which must be kept high to survive. They are:
- Health: Health is reduced by taking damage, and slowly increases over time if Hunger, Thirst and Sleep are high.
- Hunger: Hunger slowly decreases over time, and decreases faster when the player performs physical activity (such as movement or combat). It can be increased by eating food.
- Thirst: Thirst decreases slowly over time, and decreases faster when the player performs physical activity (such as movement or combat). It can be increased by drinking water or other drinks.
- Sleep: Sleep decreases slowly over time, and decreases faster when the player performs physical activity (such as movement or combat). It can be increased by sleeping.
- Morale: Morale increases or decreases depending on the state of the other four needs. If two or more of the needs are low, then morale decreases. If all of the needs are high, then morale increases.
World and Character Creation
Each player can have a near-unlimited number of worlds, all of which are synced online via the Solumverse feature. The player can also have an infinite number of Characters, who can only be played as on the world they are created for (until items which unlock the ability to travel between worlds are created).
Initially, whenever a new world is created, it can only use the default generation settings. However, completing various objectives in-game unlocks new options for generation of future worlds.
Each Novaya ID account has their own Galaxy, which is given a random position in the Solumverse. Every world created from that ID is placed in that galaxy (if the game is played while offline, content is synced the next time it is played online). Each galaxy, and each world within each of those galaxies, has their own set of coordinates which can be shared and given to friends.
A number of available items in-game allow interaction between worlds, and between galaxies. Players can either choose to interact with other galaxies from random players close to them in the Solumverse, or give specific coordinates to their friends galaxies. Possible interactions include the sharing, selling or trading of resources, communication via written messages, and other methods of cooperation.
Beyond the interaction listed above, the game also has more standard multiplayer where players can visit and play in other player's worlds alongside them. Players can set each of their worlds individually to be Private (Invite Only), Public, or Friends Only.