|Solid Snake (SSB6)|
|Super Smash Bros. Brawl (2008)|
|Official Debut||Metal Gear (1987)|
|Final Smash||Grenade Launcher|
Solid Snake () is a veteran fighter in the game Super Smash Bros. Universe. He returns with his moveset from Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Aesthetically, he is based upon his appearance in the first Metal Gear Solid game, although his Brawl design, his Snake Eater design, and his MGS 4 design are available as alternate costumes. In addition compared to his previous appearance in Brawl, Snake is now available to select from the start of a new game.
Like the previous titles Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/Nintendo 3DS, Universe features custom movesets, however some of the options are complete changes compared to just modified variations of the standard specials.
- Neutral Attack - Punch, Punch, Spinkick.
- Dash Attack - Snake does a somersault forward, and ends up half-crouching at the end.
- Forward tilt - Does a knee-thrust forward and, if A is pressed again, an overhead swing of both arms.
- Up tilt - Snake kicks one leg up vertically.
- Down tilt - Snake is fully prone while crouching, and he sweeps his legs around.
- Forward smash - Snake takes an RPG-7 rocket launcher and aims it at the ground directly in front of him, causing an explosion when released.
- Up smash - Snake slams a mortar (MGS4) in front of himself and fires a shell into the air.
- Down smash - Snake crouches and starts digging a hole in the ground as he charges, and sets a claymore.
- Neutral aerial - Performs four kicks in quick succession.
- Forward aerial - Snake lifts a leg to head height and axe-drops it down.
- Back aerial - Snake kicks his legs out behind him, making him plank in the air.
- Up aerial - Thrusts his legs straight upwards, similar to his back aerial except upwards.
- Down aerial - Like his neutral aerial, except with four stomps below instead.
Grabs and throws
- Grab - Holds his opponent in a restraining chokehold, which is a grabbing position unique to Snake.
- Pummel - Tightens his chokehold.
- Forward throw - Flips them over and drops them (scoop slam).
- Back throw - Throws opponent over his knee.
- Up throw - Back suplex, similar to Jigglypuff's back throw.
- Down throw - Lays opponent on the floor, putting the opponent into the downed status.
- Neutral special - Hand Grenade: When the special button is pressed Snake pulls out a grenade and then pulls out the pin, releasing the button will cause him to throw it.
- Side special - Remote Missile: Snake shoots out a missile. The missile can be controlled with the control stick, but Snake is defenseless until the shield button is pressed.
- Up special - Cypher: He grabs onto a flying reconnaissance camera to recover. It will not make him helpless, but will take away his mid-air jump. One can cancel the ride early by performing any attack (excluding the up special), or by pressing down, upon which the Cypher will become an upward projectile.
- Down special - C4: Snake bends down a plants a C4 on the ground where he's standing. However the C4 can also be planted on an enemy, where he will say "There".
- Grenade Launcher: Snake catches a helicopter which brings him to the foreground. A grenade launcher is pulled out with enough ammunition for two rounds.
|Special Move||Basic||Custom 1||Custom 2|
|Neutral Special||Hand Grenade|
|Side Special||Remote Missile||Tranquilzer|
|Final Smash||Grenade Launcher|
- Puts a cardboard box over himself, which is removable.
- Speaks into his codec, and says "Colonel, mission accomplished".
- Pulls out a cigarette, and smokes for a few seconds.
- Appears kneeling with lighting and sparks around him. He also appears to be turning visible. Sometimes says, "Kept you waiting huh?"
Role in the Wrath of Shadows
- Snake is the only thrid-party fighter to be cut from an installment of Super Smash Bros. and to return as a playble fighter in future installments.