|The character Solid Snake did not originate from fanon, and more information can be found on their respective wiki(s). You may read more about it on the following wiki(s):|
|Date of Birth||1972|
|Current Status|| Alive|
|First Appearance||Metal Gear (1987, MSX2)|
| FOXHOUND (1995-1999)|
|Family and Relations|
| Meryl Silverburg (love interest)|
Hal "Otacon" Emmerich (ally)
Big Boss (biological father)
EVA "Big Mama" (surrogate mother)
Liquid Snake (twin brother)
Solidus Snake (brother)
| Iroquois Pliskin (MGS2)|
David (Real Name)
| David Hayter (English)|
Akio Ōtsuka (Japanese)
|Latest Appearance||Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots (2008, PS3)|
Solid Snake is the protagonist of stealth-action Metal Gear series. He was created by Hideo Kojima and designed by Yoji Shinkawa.
He is a staple character in Metal Gear franchise and is highly associated as a mascot for Konami, and Kojima Studios.
Solid Snake, real name David, was born in 1972 with his twin brother, Liquid Snake, who were sons and clones of Big Boss as part of Les Enfants Terribles-- a genome project, aimed to create the perfect soldier.
His first known significant missions were during the early 1990's (Metal Gear) where he served for FOXHOUND through to 2005 (Metal Gear Solid), where, by the end of the events of the "Shadow Moses Incident", he had faked his death and founded Philanthropy with Dr. Hal "Otacon" Emmerich where they resurfaced their activity in 2009 (Metal Gear Solid 2) during the "The Manhattan Incident".
Philanthropy, again, resurfaced in 2014 (Metal Gear Solid 4) where Solid Snake was now known as Old Snake; a result of FOXDIE and being a clone, which made him physically age at a rapid pace.
By the end of "Liquid Ocelot's Insurrection", Snake had successfully "fulfilled his 'long-term mission'" and was left to live out the rest of his natural life.
Solid Snake has appeared in almost every Metal Gear Solid Game, and is highly recognised as one of the mascots for Konami and Kojima Studios.
- Metal Gear (1987, MSX2) - Main Character
- Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake (1990, MSX) - Main Character
- Metal Gear Solid (1998, PlayStation) - Main Character
- Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty (2001, PlayStation 2) - Main Character, Supporting Character
- Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots (2008, PlayStation 3) - Main Character
- Snake's Revenge (1990, Nintendo Entertainment System) - Main Character
- Metal Gear: Ghost Babel (1998, Game Boy Color)- Main Character
- Super Smash Bros. series (2008, Wii) - Playable Character
- Snake is first Super Smash Bros. character from M-rated ESRB game, the other being Bayonetta.