Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Snorlax did not originate from fanon, and more information can be found on their respective wiki(s). You may read more about it on the following wiki(s):|
|National Dex Nr.||#143|
|Ability/ies|| Immunity, Thick Fat |
|Average Height||6'11" (2.1 m)|
|Average Weight||1014.1 lbs. (460.0 kg)|
Snorlax (Japanese: カビゴン Kabigon) is a Normal-type Pokémon.
It evolves from Munchlax when leveled up with high friendship.
In the Generation I and II games and their remakes, wild Snorlax can be found sleeping in inconvenient locations throughout Kanto. In order to catch one, a Trainer must first awaken it with music from either a Poké Flute or Pokégear set to the Poké Flute channel. A sleeping Snorlax makes a return in Pokémon X and Y, in which it is blocking the player's way on Route 7.
Snorlax is a huge, bipedal, dark blue-green Pokémon with a cream-colored face, belly, and feet. Its body is composed of mostly its belly, where most of its fat reserves accumulate. Its head is large, with small, pointed ears and two pointed teeth protruding from its lower jaw. It has large, hind feet with three claws and a circular brown paw pad, and its arms and five foreclaws are short. Snorlax is often found in mountains and forests. It wakes up only to eat and seldom for exercises. It is not a picky eater, as its strong stomach allows it to eat even moldy food without feeling any ill effects. When hungry, it is not satisfied until it consumes 900 pounds of food. Snorlax is docile enough to let children and small Pokémon bounce on its large stomach.
- In the Pokémon Stadium series (and later 3D games), Snorlax open their eyes when they faint.
- In Pokémon Snap, Snorlax stands up and dances to the music when the Poké Flute is used.
- Pokémon Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum are the only games in which Snorlax is in the regional Pokédex and is not encountered as an obstacle that is blocking a route.
- In HeartGold and SoulSilver, if the player interacts with a Snorlax that is walking with them while at Mt. Silver, the message "SNORLAX is feeling very eager" will appear. This is due to Red, who is also at Mt. Silver, owning a Snorlax as well. While on Mt. Silver, unique messages will also appear if the player's walking Pokémon is a Pikachu or Charizard.
- Until Munchlax was introduced in Generation IV, Snorlax had the highest base stat total of any non-evolving Pokémon with 540.
- It remains the most powerful non-legendary Pokémon that can legitimately hatch from an Egg in terms of base stat total.
- Generation V is the only generation in which a Snorlax isn't sleeping in the overworld.
- In Pokémon Gold and Silver, Snorlax is programmed to be able to learn Charm through breeding, but no other Pokémon in the Monster Groupcan legitimately learn it to pass down as an Egg move in those games. In Generation III on, Snorlax can inherit the move from Bulbasaur by chain breeding.
- Snorlax is the heaviest Normal-type Pokémon.
← #142: Aerodactyl
#144: Articuno →