|Skip and Sqak Back In Action|
|Publisher(s)||Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft|
|Platform(s)|| PlayStation 3|
| (Wii, PlayStation 3, Wii U, Xbox 360)|
November 18 2012 (NA)
November 30 2012 (EU)
December 15 2012 (AUS)
January 14 2013 (JP)
(3DS, PlayStation Vita)
March 24 2013 (NA)
April 21 2013 (EU)
April 26 2013 (AUS)
May 6 2013 (JP)
(PlayStation 4 and Xbox One)
January 20, 2015 (NA)
January 23, 2015 (EU)
February 14, 2015 (AUS)
February 26, 2015 (JP)
|Single Player, Multi Player|
|Predecessor||Skip and Sqak Returns! (2011)|
|Successor||Skip and Sqak Rangers (2013)|
|Media Included||Violence, Mild Language, Comic Mischief|
Skip and Sqak Back In Action is a sequel Skip and Sqak Returns!, and the second game in the Next Gen Reboot. It is developed by Namcom and released for the Wii, PS3, Wii U and Xbox 360 in Fall 2012, and later Spring 2013 on the 3DS and PlayStation Vita. The game is re-released for the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on early 2015.
The story is when Professor X2 teams up with one of the duo's old enemies, Adviser Veger, to build a mind controlling device to enslave the world. Now it's up to Skip, Sqak, Tubby, Croco, Cynder and Robin to save the world from these mind control devices.
Back In Action was revealed in June 2012 on E3.
A demo for the game was downloadable for the PlayStation Network and Xbox Live, but it failed to reach into the Wii Ware due to more development on the Wii Version. The 3DS Shopping Channel was able to add the Demo from June 12 to October 7 2012.
A sneak peek ad was show on the July Issue of Nintendo Power, while advertisements were aired on the TV and Internet. Namcom stated that it took the development team actually a whole year as they revealed that Back In Action began development a week after Skip and Sqak Returns on November 26 2011.
After the events of Returns, Professor X2 sends Madame Rosalina to a tight security prison as punishment for her failure, and goes to Advisor Veger who builds the "Ant Pod", a helmet device that turns people into mindless drones and obey X2 and Veger. The evil duo decide to use the Ant Pods to take over the world.
Meanwhile, Sunny City is having an election to become the new president of city council and the Island Rulers pose as the candidates. X2 and Veger both sign in as candidates too by disguising themselves as "Mustachio" and "Geeky" and they give away the Ant Pods to the voters so they can brainwash everyone into voting for them, thus winning the election. The Blue Ant Palace recieves a package of Ant Pods, and the nefarious gadgets get the strong attention of Kaida and Drogo as they slowly get brainwashed. When Gexy Gecko sends a group of fleas to attack the palace, Skip, Sqak, Croco, Tubby, Cynder and Robin all fought them and confront Gexy in his lair on an island full of debris of the Island-Tizer 2, where Gexy accidentally spills that he and the rest of X2's henchmen are working under cover to help X2 and Veger spread their Ant Pods across the world.
After dealing with Gexy, the 6 returned to Sunny City only to be shocked that X2 and Veger have brainwashed everyone in the city into mindless slaves. Because the gang are resistant to the Ant Pod's hypnotic flashing lights, they destroy as much Ant Pods as they can and freed Kaida and Drogo from the Ant Pod's control. The gang noticed Dib is missing and decide to free more islands from the Ant Pods while trying to find their grumpy friend. After the 6 heroes saved new islands from the SSSSS, the gang try to question Rosalina and later a brainwashed Death about Dib's location, which Death claims Dib was captured and brainwashed to work in Veger's Junk Kingdom. After freeing Dib from the Ant Pods control, the gang rescued Secton who was getting her dark energy drained for the Ant Pod devices and agrees to help them in revenge against X2.
For Secton to help, X2 and Veger stole her iris's and left them guarded by brutish minions. After the gang retrieved her iris's, she gains enough power to send them all to X2's and Veger's Red Ray where the final battle commences. The Red Ray explodes sending the gang falling back to Sunny City while X2 and Veger escape on Veger's hover chair. Sunny City has a fire works celebration over the gang's victory.
- Debris Desert
- Sunny City
- Sunlight Falls
- Critter Woodlands
- Star Outpost
- Sailor Docks
- Refreshing River
- Rocky Caverns
- Ant Pod Lab
- Veger's Junk Kingdom
- Dark Iku Syphon
- Lost Scrap
- Sunny Square
- Moonlight Falls
- Wild Bushes
- Ant Soilder
- Ant Grunt
- Ant Stinkbug
- Water Ant
- Ant Maid
- Ant Mantis
- Zombie Ant
- Ant Beetle
- Ant Cicada
- Fire Ant
- Snow Ant
- Ant Ceterian
- Ant Drilla: These ants have drills attached to their backs and can pop from the ground.
- Ant Sub: These ants are in a mini-submarine and blast torpedos.
- Ant Samauri: These female ants swing a sharp samauri sword.
- Stone Ant: These prehistoric ants carry strong bones, and I mean, real bone clubs on their hand.
- Ant Blaster: These short ants carry a huge bazooka.
- Ant Penguin: These ants can slide on the floor with their tummies.
- Ant Furnace: These ants are driving bionicle furnaces, watch out for their blazing breath.
- Ant Grunts
- Fleas: These guys have been abandoned by Dr. Sakerine and later work for Gexy Gecko.
- Boargumi: Chinese boars who work for Grounder.
- Quill Trigger: Trigger Happy hedgehogs who work for Coconuts.
- Space Worms: Alien worms who work for Grubber.
- Wall-Rus: Bulking walrus's who work for Bully Bear.
- Lilmouths: Small rapid anglers who work for Bigmouth Angler
- Chameel: Red and Blue chameleons who work for Hip and Hop.
- Genetic: Deformed lab freaks that work for Dr. Sakerine.
- Deviliz: Creepy demonic creatures who dwell in the Underworld.
- Tin Cans: These robots made of junk are the servants of Veger and work in the junkyard.
- X2 Bots: Robots who look like X2 serve their master.
- Gexy Gecko
- King Drogo and Queen Kaida
- Bully Bear
- Bigmouth Angler
- Hip and Hop
- Dr. Sakerine
- Syphon Defenses
- Swine Samuari
- Ant Pod Ceterian
- Spikey Ball
- Wormy Chomper
- Brick Wall-Rus
- Mega Mouth
- Hot/Cold Chameel
- Rogue Reject
- Deadly Hands
- Tin Crush
- Professor X2 and Veger (Final Bosses)
- Queen Crystina (Secret Boss)