|Skip and Sqak 2|
|Platform(s)|| PlayStation 4|
| October 15, 2017 (NA)|
October 20, 2017 (EU)
October 28, 2017 (AUS)
December 2017 (JP)
|Genre(s)||Action Adventure, Side Scroller|
|Series||Skip and Sqak (Reboot Series)|
|Predecessor||Skip and Sqak|
As a re-imagining of the 1996 game of the same name, characters like Kaida, the Blue Ants, Red Ants make a reappearance.
A race of aliens called "Hymeno's" arrived to earth many centuries ago. The Blue Ants, Hymeno's alligned in the color blue, are more peaceful and friendly to the earth inhabitants while the Red Ants, Hymeno's alligned in the color red, are more hostile and thirst for world domination. Prior to the game's events, the Red Ants and their leader Comrade Vexter have invaded Sunny Villa Island taking all the inhabitants prisoner. Skip and Sqak both try to stop them, but were eventually defeated and captured with everyone else.
Locked away inside a steel crate in of one of Vexter's prison ship, Sqak believes all is lost until the ship suddenly gets hit by a massive laser beam that sends the duo's crate falling out of the ship and crashing into the bottom of a rocky canyon. Once escaping, Skip and Sqak notice their friends Robin, Imp, Blatly and Makayla all being locked away deep underground by the Red Ants and eventually freed them. After escaping to the surface, the heroes decided to take refuge into a temple to meet up with the Blue Ants. Their beautiful leader, Queen Kaida, tells the gang about how the Blue Ants are peaceful to the earth and try to protect it from Vexter and his Red Ant army for so many years until the Red Ants eventually overpowered her forces with stronger weaponry and Vexter now has control of Blue Ant Kingdom as well. Kaida also introduces the gang to the weapon the Blue Ants used to free them from Vexter, an ancient laser machine called "The Peace Giver". Since the Peace Giver used up all it's energy, the gang agreed to help Kaida sabatoge many of Vexter's schemes while the Peace Giver recharges.
The gang's first mission is to destroy a high security prison that's holding Mayor Cheatsy and many critters prisoners but getting thru the prison's tight security undetected will be impossible. Robin plans to shut down the security by building a device but it needs two very powerful "P0W3R" batteries that Vexter has. Vexter gave on P0W3R battery to Gizmo, a rat who resides in a dangerous junkyard; and the other to Mincemeat, a pirahna fish who owns a mine in a sea trench. Skip and Sqak retrieve the two P0W3R batteries for Robin's device and use it to temporarily shut down the prison's security. Even though Mayor Cheatsy and the critter prisoners have been rescued, taking down the prison still wasn't enough to stop Vexter. Kaida suggests they need powerful weaponry to fight against Vexter's forces, so they decided to recruit former demolitions expert Gary the Worm who has now retired and works as a librarian down in Loose Leaf Oaks. Skip and Sqak rescued Gary from the Red Ants and brought him back to the gang's hideout. Gary instructs an idea to defeat the Red Ant army by using the Peace Giver to destroy their mothership. To do so, Skip and Sqak raided an industrial train owned by a vicious fry cook, Chef Bigmouth, who is delivering alien weapons right to Vexter's headquarters and the gang managed to install the Peace Giver onto the train in time. Sqak speed dashes ahead of the train with Skip on his back to the Red Ant Military Base to destroy many of the defenses before the train arrives, only for both of them to be captured by Vexter's cyborg mechanic, Dr. Hopkins, who locks the two of them deep in his lab while their friends are all taken prisoner by the Red Ants.
Vexter then steals the Peace Giver to use it as a weapon to attack and seize power over many places around the world (now dubbing it the "Peace Killer") and leaves Dr. Hopkins to eliminate Skip and Sqak. The two survive Hopkin's traps and defeated the mechanical jackalope before escaping the mothership. The Blue Ants wage war against the Red Ants to rescue Queen Kaida, who is being held hostage by Vexter as an attempt to force the Blue Ants to surrender. Meanwhile, Robin, Makayla, Imp and Blatly were able to escape from their imprisonment which results in Vexter's henchmen, Grubber and Grounder, pursuing the quartet. Using the Air Bullet to help her friends escape, Robin defeats Grubber and Grounder's ship before flying off to find Skip and Sqak. Once they finally reuinited, the gang head to the Blue Ant's kingdom, Azulious City, where Vexter has taken control of Queen Kaida's palace.
- Queen Kaida: The queen of the Blue Ants and the ruler of the Antlantic Ocean.
- Sergeant Janice: A delivery girl in the Blue Ant army whom Blatly must protect in optional Turret Segments.
- Gary: A green worm who used to be a demolitions expert until he retired into being a librarian. He was later recruited to help the gang's war against Vexter.
- Blue Ants: Hymeno's who are alligned in the color blue and act as allies to the gang. The Blue Ant army is trying to free their kingdom from Vexter's invasion.
- Turret: Blatly uses a turret in some occasions to help out in missions, the first to help the gang escape the Under Jail.
- Air Bullet: A jet piloted by Robin who uses it to take Skip and Sqak to certain areas.
- Road Lord: A tank driven by Makayla. It can blast bullets and missiles as well as ramming down walls.
- Comrade Vexter: The Primary Antagonist of the game. He is the short leader of the Red Ants and ruler of the Vexpire.
- General Zarkia: The Secondary Antagonist of the game. She is the wife of Vexter and the general of the Red Ant forces.
- Dr. Hopkins: A cyborg jackalope who works as Vexter's mechanic.
- Grubber: A mutated snot with long ears dressed in an astronaut suit.
- Grounder: Another mutated snot with a more pig-looking appearance. He and Grubber are close partners.
- Gexy Gecko: An insane gecko with an obsession with 1980's/90's songs. He works as Vexter's programmer.
- Bully Bear: A big, strong polar bear who acts as Zarkia's bodyguard. He serves as a hazard in this game, and since the duo's attacks cannot hurt him an inch due to his bulky muscles their only option is to avoid him!
- Mincemeat: A pirahna fish inside a robot suit who works as the foreman of undersea mining.
- Gizmo: A black rat who resides in the Land-Thrill. He protects one of the P0W3R batteries with his booby traps.
- Chef Bigmouth: A disgusting fry cook who owns an industrial train that uses kitchen cooking as power. He was hired to deliver weapons to the Red Ant Mothership.
The overworld of the game is set in the islands of the Antlantic Ocean (a parody of the Atlantic Ocean), ruled by Queen Kaida until she was overthrown by Vexter.
Once a peaceful forest until the Red Ants demolished every bit of land until it's a rocky wasteland.
- Rocky Start
- Under Jail
- Tunnel Escape (Turret Segment)
- Trench Mine (Road Lord)
- S.S Sea Flesh
- Gizmo's Garage (BOSS: Gizmo)
Those Red Ants built quiet a massive prison with very tight security. Mayor Cheatsy and many critters are held prisoner in this fortress.
- Fortress Outskirts
- Prison Chambers
- Fortress Command Tower (BOSS: Gexy Gecko)
Loose Leaf Oaks
An autumn-like area where Skip and Sqak go searching for Gary the worm. The Red Ants have setted up a lumber mill in the woods to make crates for their supplies.
- Leaf Falls
- The Tree Graveyard
- Wood Shredder
- Gary's Glade (BOSS: Vextronic Tree Cutter)
The ancient city of the Blue Ants that's being attacked by Vexter's army.
- Invaded Allyways (Road Lord)
- Tower of Azulious
- City Centre (BOSS: Vextronic Mantis)
A steampunk kitchen train controlled by Chef Bigmouth who is delivering the captured Critters and Red Ant weapons to Vexter's headquarters across a volcanic wasteland.
- Road of Lava (Road Lord)
- Terrible Train Tracks
- Cooking Caboose
- Conductor's Diner (BOSS: Chef Bigmouth)
Red Ant Base
The Red Ants have constructed a huge base up in a canyon to plan their next places to invade.
- Defense Towers
- Vextronic Labs
- Cyborg Ring (BOSS: Dr. Hopkins)
The duo's escape from Dr. Hopkins leads them to a massive battlefield with the Blue Ants fighting the Red Ant army to save Queen Kaida.
- Kroc Base Camp
- Alien Armada
- Armada Escape (Air Bullet) (BOSS: Grubber and Grounder)
The ancient city of the Blue Ants that is under attack by Vexter's army.
- Invaded Streets
- Ancient Tunnels (Road Lord)
- Azulious Palace
- Azulious Throne Room (BOSS: General Zarkia)
This is it... Skip and Sqak's last chance to stop Vexter from conquering the rest of the planet.
- A Harm Welcome
- Mothership Interior
- Vexpire Core (FINAL BOSS: Comrade Vexter)
Comrade Vexter has a massive army of alien soldiers who are trying to hunt down and destroy Skip and Sqak after the pair's escape.
- Red Ant: Aliens with purple skin and red eyes who are all under the command of Comrade Vexter.
- Beedilz: Aliens who resemble beetles. They carry heavy weapons to fight Skip and Sqak.
- Buzzer: Aliens who resemble mosquitos. They attack Skip and Sqak in aerial assault.
- Hopper: Aliens who resemble grasshoppers. They fight Skip and Sqak using their razor sharp toenails.
- Kroc: Crocodile soldiers who are under the command of General Zarkia.
- Ant Soldier: The main forces of Vexter's army who will stop at nothing to stop Skip and Sqak. They are the first soldier enemies in the game.
- Kab-Louie: Beedilz armed who toss explosive bombs.
- Torcher: Equipped with flamthrowers, these Red Ants will try to draw their flames closer to Skip and Sqak.
- De-Fiend: Red Ants who are equipped with spike shields that protect the front of them, but not the back of them.
- Buzzstormer: Buzzers who fly underneath Skip and Sqak and drop down nukes.
- Buzzsabre: Buzzers who charge at Skip and Sqak in midair with their horned proboscis.
- Vextronic: Robots who try to shoot Skip and Sqak while flying around.
- Sfear: Robotic mines that act as hazards in the game. Some of them will try to get close to Skip and Sqak upon noticing them.
- P0W3R Missile: Explosive missiles that Vexter's forces use for fire power. They can also be fired by Kab-Louies.
The Captains can be encountered during segments as mini bosses.
- Iron Beedilz: Metal Beedilz who ram with their horns.