|Skip and Sqak 2|
|Platform(s)|| PlayStation 4|
| October 15, 2017 (NA)|
October 20, 2017 (EU)
November 4, 2017 (AUS)
December 2, 2017 (JP)
|Genre(s)||Action Adventure, Side Scroller|
|Series||Skip and Sqak (Reboot Series)|
|Predecessor||Skip and Sqak|
As a re-imagining of the 1996 sequel of the same name, characters like Kaida, the Blue Ants, Red Ants make a reappearance.
One year after saving Sunny Villa Island from the Emperor Dante, Skip and Sqak wake up one midnight to find their island home being attacked by an army of aliens known as "Red Ants" under the command of their short, tyrannical leader Comrade Vexter along with his henchmen, Grubber and Grounder, and his wife/army general, Zarkia. As Vexter's army begins attacking the island and abducting the critters into their saucers, Skip and Sqak both tried to stop them only to be defeated and locked away with all of their friends.
Imprisoned in one of Vexter's prison ships, Skip and Sqak are going to be executed for retaliating against Vexter but luckily they were saved when the prison ship is being attacked by mysterious blue saucers. The destruction of the prison ship sends the duo falling into a chasm where they recieve a message from Queen Kaida, the leader of the Blue Ant aliens (who are portrayed more caring and pleasant to Earth's inhabitants unlike the Red Ants), who offers them weapons to fight back against Vexter's army and tells the two to head into the rain forest up north where the Blue Ant base is located. Along the way, the duo rescued Makayla, Imp, Blatly and Robin who were imprisoned in a deep mine. After escaping to the surface and into the north amazon, the gang arrived to the Blue Ant base and are greeted by Queen Kaida. The queen reveals to the gang that they are now in the Antlantic Continents, very far from Sunny Villa Island, and that Vexter plans to take over not only Earth but every single planet in the galaxy. To prevent Vexter's domination, the only way to thwart him and the Vexpire Army is by destroying the Red Ant Mothership which is being heavily protected.
The player can switch to Skip or Sqak by pressing the select button. The two of them each have their own weapons that can be swapped using the X (Switch), Triangle (PS4 and Vita), or Y (Xbox One) button.
- Queen Kaida: The queen of the Blue Ants and the ruler of the Antlantic Ocean.
- Sergeant Janice: A delivery girl in the Blue Ant army whom Blatly must protect in optional Turret Segments.
- Gary: A green worm who used to be a demolitions expert until he retired into being a librarian. He was later recruited to help the gang's war against Vexter.
- Blue Ants: Hymeno's who are alligned in the color blue and act as allies to the gang. The Blue Ant army is trying to free their kingdom from Vexter's invasion.
- Turret: Blatly uses a turret in some occasions to help out in missions, the first to help the gang escape the Under Jail.
- Air Bullet: A jet piloted by Robin who uses it to take Skip and Sqak to certain areas.
- Road Lord: A tank driven by Makayla. It can blast bullets and missiles as well as ramming down walls.
- Comrade Vexter: The Primary Antagonist of the game. He is the short leader of the Red Ants and ruler of the Vexpire.
- General Zarkia: The Secondary Antagonist of the game. She is the wife of Vexter and the general of the Red Ant forces.
- Dr. Hopkins: A cyborg jackalope who works as Vexter's mechanic.
- Grubber: A mutated snot with long ears dressed in an astronaut suit.
- Grounder: Another mutated snot with a more pig-looking appearance. He and Grubber are close partners.
- Gexy Gecko: An insane gecko with an obsession with 1980's/90's songs. He works as Vexter's programmer.
- Bully Bear: A big, strong polar bear who acts as Zarkia's bodyguard. He serves as a hazard in this game, and since the duo's attacks cannot hurt him an inch due to his bulky muscles their only option is to avoid him!
- Mincemeat: A pirahna fish inside a robot suit who works as the foreman of undersea mining.
- Gizmo: A black rat who resides in the Land-Thrill. He protects one of the P0W3R batteries with his booby traps.
- Chef Bigmouth: A disgusting fry cook who owns an industrial train that uses kitchen cooking as power. He was hired to deliver weapons to the Red Ant Mothership.
The overworld of the game is set in the islands of the Antlantic Ocean (a parody of the Atlantic Ocean), ruled by Queen Kaida until she was overthrown by Vexter.
Once a peaceful forest until the Red Ants demolished every bit of land until it's a rocky wasteland.
- Rocky Start
- Underground Jail
- Tunnel Escape (Turret Segment)
Up in the northern parts of the Antlantic continents is where Mincemeat and Gizmo are protecting Vexter's P0W3R batteries.
- Trench Mine (Road Lord)
- S.S Sea Flesh
- Gizmo's Garage (BOSS: Gizmo)
Those Red Ants built quiet a massive prison with very tight security. Mayor Cheatsy and many critters are held prisoner in this fortress.
- Fortress Outskirts
- Prison Chambers
- Fortress Command Tower (BOSS: Gexy Gecko)
Loose Leaf Oaks
An autumn-like area where Skip and Sqak go searching for Gary the worm. The Red Ants have setted up a lumber mill in the woods to make crates for their supplies.
- Leaf Falls
- The Tree Graveyard
- Wood Shredder
- Gary's Glade (BOSS: Vextronic Mantis)
General Zarkia has authorized an assault to the ancient shrine where many escaped Critters and Blue Ant citizens are hiding.
- Invaded Allyways (Road Lord)
- Tower of Azulious
- City Centre (BOSS: General Zarkia)
A steampunk kitchen train controlled by Chef Bigmouth who is delivering the captured Critters and Red Ant weapons to Vexter's headquarters across a volcanic wasteland.
- Road of Lava (Road Lord)
- Terrible Train Tracks
- Cooking Caboose
- Conductor's Diner (BOSS: Chef Bigmouth)
Vexpire Weapons Facility
Up in the canyons is the the Vexpire's weapons factory where Dr. Hopkins is constructing all sorts of weapons and machines.
- Defense Towers
- Vextronic Labs
- Cyborg Ring (BOSS: Dr. Hopkins)
The duo's escape from Dr. Hopkins leads them to a massive battlefield with the Blue Ants fighting the Red Ant army to save Queen Kaida.
- Kroc Base Camp
- Alien Armada
- Armada Escape (Air Bullet) (BOSS: Grubber and Grounder)
The ancient city of the Blue Ants that has been taken over by Vexter. His soldiers are all over the place, prepared to take out Skip and Sqak.
- Invaded Streets
- Ancient Tunnels (Road Lord)
- Azulious Palace
- Azulious Throne Room (BOSS: Vextronic Fortress)
This is it... Skip and Sqak's last chance to stop Vexter from conquering the rest of the planet.
- A Harm Welcome
- Mothership Interior
- Vexpire Core (FINAL BOSSES: Comrade Vexter and Tyrant Vexter)
Comrade Vexter has a massive army of alien soldiers who are trying to hunt down and destroy Skip and Sqak after their escape.
- Red Ant: Aliens with purple skin and red eyes who are all under the command of Comrade Vexter.
- Beedilz: Aliens who resemble beetles. They carry heavy weapons to fight Skip and Sqak.
- Buzzer: Aliens who resemble mosquitos. They attack Skip and Sqak in aerial assault.
- Vextronic: The robotic forces of the Vexpire Army built by Vexter.
- Kroc: Crocodile soldiers who are under the command of General Zarkia.
- Ant Soldier: The main forces of Vexter's army who will stop at nothing to stop Skip and Sqak. They are the first soldier enemies in the game.
- Kab-Louie: Beedilz armed who toss explosive bombs.
- Torcher: Equipped with flamthrowers, these Red Ants will try to draw their flames closer to Skip and Sqak.
- De-Fiend: Red Ants who are equipped with shields that protect the front of them, but not the back of them.
- Buzzstormer: Buzzers who fly underneath Skip and Sqak and drop down nukes.
- Buzzsabre: Buzzers who charge at Skip and Sqak in midair with their horned proboscis.
- Vextronic: Robots who try to shoot Skip and Sqak while flying around.
- S-Fear: Robotic mines that act as hazards in the game. Some of them will try to get close to Skip and Sqak upon noticing them.
- P0W3R Missile: Explosive missiles that Vexter's forces use for fire power. They can also be fired by Kab-Louies.
- Seeker: Four-legged Vextronics who are only found in darker places, since they don't function in the light. It's best to sneak around these machines, since they will obliderate Skip and Sqak instantly if they get spotted.
The Captains can be encountered during segments as mini bosses.