|Skip and Sqak Series|
|Genre(s)||Action Adventure, Platform|
|First Game||Skip and Sqak (1993)|
|SNES, PlayStation, Sega Saturn, Nintendo 64, Sega Dreamcast, PlayStation 2, GameCube, Xbox, PlayStation Portable, Nintendo DS, Wii, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Wii U, PlayStation Vita, 3DS|
The games feature a blue frog and red bird save the world from an empire of aliens called Ants. The first game shows you how the couragous duo first met. The sequel takes them to the future and they have to save the world from the evil Professor X2. The third game is when Skip and Sqak find out about their past.
Like other franchises on Fantendo, Skip and Sqak was originally Nintendo Exclusive (the first game was originally on the SNES). However, later games were released on other consoles to try to reach a wider audience.
In 2015, it was announced the series has been rebooted which sets in a new continuity.
The series is set on an earth setting with fictional lands populated by anthromorhpic animals There is a colony of a purple skin alien tribe called the Ants, who with the Red Eyes try to take over earth and the Blue Eyes protect it. The Main Characters in the series are Skip, a Blue Frog, and Sqak, a Red Bird, and their friends. Many games in the series involve the duo and their friends saving the world from the Red Ant Colony and Professor X2, who was assigned to take over earth.
The series and there games were originally rated E for Everyone, starting with the first game. However, since 2005 the games were rated Everyone 10+ with the first game being Skip and Sqak 3.
To learn about the characters, click HERE
- Dr. Tron
- King Cheatsy
- Queen Aleena
- Queen Kaida
- King Drogo
- Ant Emporer Dante
- Advisor Veger
- Professor X2
- Dr. Sakerine
- Hip and Hop
- Gexy Gecko
- Professor Z9
These games are part of the Main Series.
- Skip and Sqak (1993) SNES, PS1 and Sega Saturn (When earth is being invaded by the alien ants, Skip and Sqak have to save the world and defeat Emporer Dante.)
- Skip and Sqak 2 (1996) SNES, PlayStation, Sega Saturn, Nintendo 64, Sega Dreamcast, PS2 and GameCube (Skip and Sqak and their friends get sent to the future and try to save the world from a scientist named X2.)
- Skip and Sqak 3 (2005) GameCube, PlayStation 2, Xbox, and PlayStation Portable (Skip and Sqak learn secrets about their past as they team up with Professor X2 and the SSSSS to save the world from Professor Z9.)
Next Generation Games
This reboot released in the early 2010's on the next gen consoles, bringing back the classic sidescrolling gameplay.
- Skip and Sqak Returns! (2011) Wii, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, 3DS and Playstation Vita (Professor X2 invades Sunny City and kidnaps Cynder. Now Skip, Sqak, Croco, and Tubby go back in the old days and save the world once again.)
- Skip and Sqak Back In Action (2012) Wii, Wii U, PlayStation 3, Vita, 3DS, and Xbox 360 (Professor X2 teams up with Adviser Veger to mind control everyone in the world and now Skip, Sqak, Croco, Tubby, Robin and Cynder have to save the day.)
- Skip and Sqak Rangers (2013) Wii U, Xbox 360, Wii, PlayStation 3, 3DS, Vita, Xbox One and PlayStation 4 (The SSFF and other teams go protect earth from Revengeance Evil Doomsquad who are some of the gang's friends from school.)
- Skip and Sqak Ancients (2014) PS3, Wii U, Xbox 360, PS4, PS Vita, 3DS and Xbox One (When history of the Ant war is beginning to erase mysteriously, SSFF go back in a time machine to go back in time and save history along with Mia, Tron, Kaida and Drogo.)
- Skip and Sqak Rivals (2015) PlayStation 4, Wii U, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 Xbox One, 3DS and PlayStation Vita (Professor X2 recruits his retired henchman the Skip and Sqak Search and Smash Squad and angrily throw RED out. With X2 and his henchman back, SSFF and RED are on a race against the clock to see who can save the world first.)
- Skip and Sqak Paradise (2016) Wii U, Xbox One, PlayStation 4, PlayStation Vita, 3DS, and Xbox 360 (SSFF are tired of saving the day, so they decide to spend their summer vacation over at Aloha Resort, a Hawaii-like island, and invite their old friends to the trip. At Aloha Resort, the gang are shocked that Professor X2 and his SSSSS Team have invaded Aloha Resort and turned the peaceful island into gloomy chaos. Now the gang have to save both Aloha Resort and their summer vacation.)
- Skip and Sqak Pirates (2017) PlayStation 4, Wii U, Xbox One, PlayStation Vita and 3DS (During the celebration of the moon festival, Sunny City gets invaded by the Dark Sea pirate clan who want to steal all the city's fortune and search for burried treasure on other islands. Skip, Sqak and their friends all have to defeat the Dark Sea pirates and save Sunny City.)
- Untitled 8th installment (2018)
- Skip and Sqak Racing (1997) PlayStation, Sega Saturn, N64 (Gnaffle challenges the gang to a race around the world.)
- Skip and Sqak World Rally (1999) Sega Dreamcast, Nintendo 64 (The gang race all over an amusement park trying to beat Ted Metal who stole the Gold Race Medal.)
- Skip and Sqak Racing Portaple (2012) 3DS and PlayStation Vita (Racing with Skip and Sqak and their pals are in the latest handheld consoles)
- Skip and Sqak Soccer (1998) PlayStation, N64, Dreamcast (Skip and Sqak play soccer with their freinds.)
- Skip and Sqak Tennis (1999) N64, Dreamcast, PlayStation (Skip and Sqak and their freinds play tennis.)
- Skip and Sqak Golf (2000) N64, PlayStation, Dreamcast (Skip and Sqak and their freinds are golfing to the championship.)
- Skip and Sqak Golf: Sunny Tour (2002) PlayStation 2, GameCube, Xbox (Skip and Sqak play golf with their freinds.)
- Skip and Sqak Soccer Blast (2013) Wii U, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita (Skip and Sqak and their friends play Blast Ball against the New SSSSS.)
- Skip and Sqak Tennis Portable (2012) 3DS and PlayStation Vita (Skip and Sqak's Tennis Cups can be played on the 2 latest handheld consoles)
- Skip and Sqak Lost Islands (2011) PlayStation Network, Wii Ware and Xbox Live Arcade (Skip, Sqak, Croco and Tubby explore forgotten islands filled with Red Ants.)
- Skip and Sqak Hack Attack (2012) PSN, eShop and XLA (Dr. Tron accidentaly hacks into the Game Engine where the players can create their own levels.)
- Skip and Sqak Wifi War (2013) PSN, eShop and XLA (The SSFF and other teams go tower defense and they have to play war to portect their base.)
- Skip and Sqak Party (1998) PlayStation and N64 (Gexy Gecko has his own game show where the gang sign up and they have to play crazy minigames.)
- Skip and Sqak Fighters (2001) Playstation 2, Gamecube, Xbox (The heroes and villians are invited as actors in Dr. Tron's new movie. They have to fight for fame as they beat the living tar out of each other.)
- Skip and Sqak Heroes (1999) PlayStation, N64, Dreamcast (The SSFF have to stop Professor X2 from summoning an ancient creature to destroy the world.)
In March 1996, an Anime Series based on the franchise aired on YTV (Canada), Cartoon Network (USA), and other channels worldwide that involve Skip, Sqak, and their friends getting into situations or stopping X2 or other villians.
A spin off, Skip and Sqak XD, aired on August 2013 on Disney XD (many countries), Cartoon Network (Japan), and other countries that involve the SSFF and other teams fighting evil and saving the galaxy.
In April 20 2013, a sneak peek of a movie based on this franchise is revealed to be released in 2015.
Spin Off Games
Games that are not in part of the main series.
- Croco (Game) (2005) GameCube, PSP, PS2, Xbox (This game is a midquel to the second game. It shows how Croco got into the palace in the game's 2nd chapter. Croco is the only character from the series to appear.)
- Skip and Sqak: The Strange Vacation (2012) PC, Wii, 3DS (The SSFF and Queen Kaida decide to go on vacation on a far away island, while trying to avoid custody of a bounty hunter hired by an alien to capture them.)
- Skip and Sqak: The Forgotten Moon (2002) PlayStation 2, Xbox, GameCube, GBA (Skip, Sqak and their friends hear the legends of a forgotten moon that broke apart, so they decide to put it back togethor.)
- Skip and Sqak: The New Adventures (2003) Gameboy Advance (The gang try to find the lost Jems to save Sunny Villa after they angered the Red Ants with a loud party.
- Skip and Sqak TV Game (1998) PlayStation, N64, Gameboy Color (When a cyborg creature named Rexes plans to summon TV Show Villains to take over the real world, the SSFF have to travel the TV Dimension to stop him.)
- Skip and Sqak World (2003) PlayStation 2, Xbox and GameCube (Skip and Sqak's 10th Anniversary goes awry as their evil dopplegangers kidnap their friends.)
- X2 Chaos (2005) PlayStation 2, GameCube, Xbox, PSP (Professor X2 gets kicked out of the Red Ant Scientist group for "fraternizing" with the SSFF. He then decides to get revenge on the group.)
- Imp's BIG Game (2004) PlayStation 2, GameCube, Xbox (Imp is tired of being the scaredy cat, so he decides to become a hero in his friends dreams. With the help of Tron's Dream Travel Machine, Imp goes into his friends dreams and tries to be a hero.)
- Skip and Sqak Gateway To Dream World (2007) Nintendo Wii (Skip and Sqak and their friends go into the Dream World to learn the secrets of the forgotten Dreampod Race.)
- Queen Kaida's Royale Adventure (2007) Wii, DS, Xbox 360 and PSP (When Professor X2 kidnaps the SSFF, Queen Kaida has to go rescue them all and defeat the SSSSS.)
- Secret Agent Roshan (2008) Wii, PSP, Xbox 360, DS (Roshan has to find stolen artifacts a thief is "collecting" to create a weapon to destroy the world.)
The series has lots of merchandise.