|Skip and Sqak (Remake)|
|Developer(s)||Yellow Apple Games|
|Platform(s)|| Wii U|
|Genre(s)||Action Adventure, Side Scroller|
| (PS4, Wii U, PS Vita, Xbox One)|
May 9, 2015 (NA)
May 15, 2015 (EU)
May 24, 2015 (AUS)
June 4, 2015 (JP)
|Series||Skip and Sqak|
|Successor||Skip and Sqak 2|
In this remake, Skip and Sqak work together to save many islands from being invaded by the Lectroads.
The game takes place in the Peacific Ocean (a parody of the Pacific Ocean) where several islands are the home of anthropomorphic animals.
The little critters are enjoying one peaceful day in their village on the tropical Sunny Villa Island until they are being attacked and locked in cages by the sinister reptiles, Lectroads, and their leader Emperor Dante who want to take over all the islands in the Peacific Ocean. A red bird named Sqak was fleeing from a group of Lectroads until he was rescued by a blue frog who hatches out of his egg. Sqak decides to name his new friend "Skip" and the two of them worked together to explore across many islands fighting Lectroads and rescuing caged Critters. At Fracas Factory, the duo fought and defeated the CEO Dr. Gearz who was working for Dante. At Amazonia Island, the duo confront Dante who sends his lackey Vizer Vego to attack Skip and Sqak, but Vego gets defeated and his damaged hover chair blasts him high into the sky.
Reading a blue print Vego dropped earlier, Skip and Sqak discovered that Dante prepares to destroy Sunny Villa island with a laser machine called the "Island-Tizer" powered by Amazonia's Volcano lava and place his kingdom in it's place. The duo head back to Sunny Villa and busted out their caged friends. Skip and Sqak decide to go stop the Island-Tizer only to get ambushed by Dante controlling a massive robot on top of the laser. Once defeating Dante's robot, the entire floor begins to shatter sending Skip, Sqak and Dante falling deep down the Island-Tizer full of lava. Skip manages to save Sqak and himself while Dante plummets and perishes in the lava. The entire final battle damages the Island-Tizer to explode sending the two falling to Sunny Villa. Skip and Sqak are now heroes of the Peacific Ocean islands.
In a secret ending, once collecting all the collectibles in the entire game, this unlocks the gateway to another dimension full of yummy fresh fruits. Skip and Sqak venture into the dimension and bring all the fruit to Sunny Villa, with Skip feasting in a horde of mango's in delight.
The Main Characters reappear in this remake, while the game will introduce new characters.
- Imp: A purple long eared creature who helps the duo across dangerous areas with his hovering ears.
- Blatly: A green spider monkey who helps the duo by bouncing his tail over hazards.
- Robin: She sells items for the pair to use in their journey.
- Makayla: A purple frog who lets the player see the concept art they collected. She later becomes Skip's love interest.
- Mayor Cheatsy: A white rabbit who is the mayor of Sunny Villa Island. He wants the duo to give him Cheatsy Coins that are scattered across islands.
- Emperor Dante: The Main Antagonist and Final Boss of the game. He is the ruler of the Lectroads who seeks out world domination. In the end, he fights Skip and Sqak at the Island-Tizer with a robot but plummets into the lava powering the laser machine.
- Vizer Vego: Dante's adviser and the game's Secondary Antagonist. He fights the duo on Amazonia Island but gets defeated and his hover chair malfunctions and blasts him off into deep space, never to be seen again for the rest of the game.
- Dr. Gearz: A robot inventor who is Dante's mechanic, building gadgets and vehicles for Lectroads.
- Creeper: These lizards are found in every level. They are short and often come in groups.
- Turtle Tak: Lectroads who wear shells with spikes.
- Thumperoo: Lectroads that bounce around instead of patrolling, trying to crush Skip and Sqak with their razor sharp toenails.
- Wrocky: Ill-tempered lectroads who will charge with full force with their horns.
- Saw Wheel: Snake-like lectroads equipped with saw blades.
- Screechy: Bat-like lectroads that always fly in the air.
- Shelly: Armored Lectroads trying to protect themselves with spikey sea shells.
- Zpark: Flying Lectroads that cannot be touched due to their electric force fields protecting them.
- Boomer Bob: Toad-like lectroads who toss explosive bombs called "Bomb Bennies".
- Slithering Sid: Snakes who slither across the floor, walls and cieling. Some of them have spikes on their backs.
- Spike Bomb: Lectroads who swim in underwater areas trying to harm the duo by puffing themselves up and using their spikes.
- Pin Head: Urchins that will explode when being approached to, flying their pins everywhere.
- Tongue Twisted: Lectroads that try to nab Skip and Sqak with their tongues. They are found in both land and underwater areas.
- Elec-Trick: Dragonfly-like lectroads that spit thunder underneath them.
- Skully: Zombie lectroads that are only found in the boss battle "Crack-A-Skull" in Boogie Bogs. The Grin Reaper summons them to fight Skip and Sqak.
- Buzz Saw: The boss of Sunny Villa. He is the commander of the Saw Wheels who are chopping down many trees on the island.
- Cannonball Carl: The boss of Sea Side Station. He is the captain of the ship invading Sea Side Station.
- Tubaphent: The boss of Wasted Wasteland. He is a sleepy elephant-like Lectroad who's loud snoring causes the avalanches of the mountain.
- Stormy: The boss of Floating Island. He is a nerdy Lectroad who is in control of the thunder storms in Floating Islands.
- Stingblade: The boss of Bumble Bushes. He is a winged Lectroad with a sharp stinger.
- Grin Reaper: The boss of Ghostly Bogs. He is summoning ghosts and zombies back from the dead and uses his Skull Horde to fight Skip and Sqak.
- Gearz Incinerator: The boss of Fracas Factory. It is a large mother ship driven by Dr. Gearz trying to destroy Skip and Sqak.
- Vizer Vego
- Emperor Dante
Each fruit has a certain score which, up to 100, can give you an extra life.
- Apples (1)
- Grapes (5)
- Pineapple (10)
- Watermelon (20)
- Mango (Health)
- Heart Berries (Berries in the shape of a heart that will give you an extra life)
- Rainbow Fruit (Fruit made of crystal that Skip and Sqak must collect to unlock the Fruitmension. They can be achieved by rescuing all the critters per level and offering Cheatsy his coins.)
In each level, there are 5 critters locked in cages that you must free. Rescuing them all in each level rewards you with a rainbow fruit.
There are 3 Cheatsy Coins in each level, and Mayor Cheatsy will reward you with a rainbow fruit for each three sets.
Warp Flowers are large flowers found in segments that can take Skip and Sqak to different locations:
- Yellow Flower: Takes Skip and Sqak to a bonus mini game to win a Cheatsy Coin.
- Purple Flower: Takes Skip and Sqak to the next part of the segment.
The levels in the game are islands in the middle of the Peacific Ocean being invaded by Lectroads. (B=Boss)
- Sqak's House (Let's you look at your progress such as collectibles.)
- Blatly's Play Room (Let's you look at your time attack records.)
- Makayla's Manor (Let's you look at some concept art.)
- Mayor Cheatsy's Office (Mayor Cheatsy rewards you with Rainbow Fruits if you offer him 3 Cheatsy Coins hidden in each segment.)
The gang's tropical island home being invaded by the Lectroads.
- 1-1 A New Bop
- 1-2 One, Two, Tree
- 1-3 A Thorn In Your Side
- 1-4 Out of the Shadows
- 1-5 Pond Pummel
- 1-6 Construction Destruction
- 1-B Hazard Hassle (BOSS: Buzz Saw)
The docking bay in the middle of the sea is where the Lectroads are dumping their toxic waste into the water.
- 2-1 Son of a Beach
- 2-2 Undersea Assault
- 2-3 Docking Doomsday
- 2-4 Whats the Point?
- 2-5 Night Light Fight
- 2-6 Sea Scramble
- 2-B Shipload Shuffle (BOSS: Cannonball Carl)
A mixture of a rocky canyon and an arctic glacier, where Tubaphent's loud snoring is causing avalanches that endanger the ant miners.
- 3-1 Tar-Nation!
- 3-2 Teeter Totter Terror
- 3-3 Thrilling Drilling
- 3-4 Goodness Glaciers
- 3-5 Snow Plow Wow
- 3-6 Frosty Falls
- 3-B Rude Awakening (BOSS: Tubaphent)
Islands that are being carried up in the sky because of the huge hurricane Stormy made.
- 4-1 Sky Walking
- 4-2 Cloudy Chaos
- 4-3 Cranky Clouds
- 4-4 Windup Wind
- 4-5 Hurricane Pain
- 4-6 Twisted Twister
- 4-B Thunder Blunder (BOSS: Stormy)
A large bush in the middle of a jungle where all the bees make the world's delicious honey. The Lectroads have invaded the giant bush and turned it into a disgusting paste factory.
- 5-1 Pushy Bushy
- 5-2 Pollution Solution
- 5-3 Towering Flowers
- 5-4 Paste Chase
- 5-5 Comb Climber
- 5-6 Runny Honey
- 5-B Rooting Rampage (BOSS: Stingblade)
A haunted swamp area that is always dark and has ghosts and zombies lurking in the bogs. The Lectroad witch doctor is trying to resurrect Lectroads from the dead.
- 6-1 Terrified Trail
- 6-2 Boogie Bogs
- 6-3 Scary Skulls
- 6-4 Creepy Caverns
- 6-5 River of Ghouls
- 6-6 The Grave Escape
- 6-B Crack-A-Skull (BOSS: Grin Reaper)
An industrial factory building gadgets and vehicles the Lectroads use. It is built by Dante's mechanic, Dr. Gearz.
- 7-1 Pipeline Decline
- 7-2 Gruesome Gears
- 7-3 Conveyor Chaos
- 7-4 Steaming Steampunk
- 7-5 Wacky Wires
- 7-6 Awful Acid
- 7-B Furious Furnace (BOSS: Gizmo's Incinerator)
A jungle island with mysterious ancient temples.
- 8-1 Tropical Tyranny
- 8-2 Flower Food
- 8-3 Quicksand Scram
- 8-4 Temple Trample
- 8-5 Torch-urous
- 8-6 Volcano Oh No
- 8-B Vego's Ego (BOSS: Vizer Vego)
- 9-1 Sunny Villa Peril
- 9-2 Rocket Rampage
- 9-3 Kickin Asteroids
- 9-4 Laser Chaser
- 9-5 Lurking Lava
- 9-6 Hologram Wham
- 9-B Countdown Commence (FINAL BOSS: Emperor Dante)
A secret dimension full of gigantic, delicious fruits.