|Other Super Smash Bros. Appearances||SSB4|
|Recent Game||'3DS Xenoblade Chronicles|
|Final Smash||Chain Attack/Monado III|
Shulk makes his second return to the Super Smash Bros. franchise in Super 5mash Bros. 5. Shulk can utilize the power of his Monado for devastating attacks that boasts a long reach. He can also access his Monado Arts as well as Skill Tree to enhance his own abilities. He has largely been buffed up from Super Smash Bros. fro Wii U and 3DS. Aesthetically, his model has remained unchanged since Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS.
Changes from Smash 4
Special Custom Set A
|Neutral Special||Monado Arts||0%||Shulk activates one of five Arts, which enhance some of his abilities while reducing others.|
|Custom 1||Decisive Monado Arts||0%||Arts last longer, but once an Art is activated it cannot be changed.|
|Custom 2||Hyper Monado Arts||0%||Both positive and negative effects of Arts are amplified, and the Arts last for a shorter duration of time.|
|Side Special||Back Slash||10%/9% (front), 16%/14% (back)||Shulk launches himself forward, slamming his Monado down in front of him. If does more damage and knockback if it connects in the back.|
|Custom 1||Back Slash Leap||---||Shulk leaps up before slashing downward towards the ground. Has reduced horizontal movement, but comes out a little faster.|
|Custom 2||Back Slash Charge||---||Shulk leaps forward, gaining super armor for the slash. This move has increased horizontal movement, but has harshly reduced damage if not striking the back.|
|Up Special||Air Slash||6% (hit 1 clean), 5% (hit 1 late), 5.5% (hit 2)||Jumps upwards with a Monado swipe, similarly to Dolphin Slash. Pressing the attack button at the end of the swipe will result in a second, forward swipe.|
|Custom 1||Advancing Air Slash||6% (hit 1 clean), 5% (hit 1 late), 8% (hit 2)||The first slash launches enemies diagonally, with the second slash moving Shulk forward.|
|Custom 2||Mighty Air Slash||9% (hit 1 clean), 7% (hit 1 late), 10% (hit 2)||The first slash launches enemies diagonally, with the second slash moving Shulk forward.|
|Down Special||Vision||1.3x (min 13%/10% or 10%/7%)||A counterattack, similar to that of the Fire Emblem series. Has the longest counter window in the game.|
|Custom 1||Dash Vision||1.0x (min 11%/8% or 8%/5%)||Shulk takes a big step forward and the counter's range is extended. The counter is faster, but lacks power.|
|Custom 2||Power Vision||1.5x (min 20%/17% or 17%/14%)||Shulk counters an attack with greater power. However, the attack is slower and if used too much, the counter will become less and less effective.|
Special Custom Set B
|Neutral Special||Skill Tree: Integrity||0%||Shulk activates his Skill Tree: Integrity which allows him access to four skills that can be used once at a time, much like the Monado Arts. These consist of:
|Custom 1||Skill Tree: Intuition||0%||Much like Skill Tree; Integrity but changes the available skills:
|Custom 2||Skill Tree: Bravery||0%||Much like the default Skill Tree: Integrity but with different skills:
|Side Special||Slit Edge||12% (clean), 3% (late)||Shulk dashes forward and performs a quick cut. It doesn't push the opponent backwards but causes Shulk to simply pass by. It does the most damage when the slash hits right in the middle of the opponent. It deals less damage if it hits before or after.|
|Custom 1||Precise Slit Edge||17% (clean), 3% (late)||It does more damage and knockback but the window for it connecting is much smaller.|
|Custom 2||Wide Slit Edge||7% (clean), 2% (late)||It does less damage and is slower but has a longer window for it to connect.|
|Up Special||Cyclone||2.3% (per hit)||Shulk form a yellow and white Cyclone made of either underneath him. It then pushes high into the air. Only the cyclone does damage and will juggle players before throwing them upwards.|
|Custom 1||Cyclonic Basher||1.2% (per hit cyclone), 8% (Monado), 13% (Monado ground)||Shulk uses the Cyclone to launch him into the air. He then spins in the air and then comes crashing down; slamming the Monado into the ground.|
|Custom 2||Launching Cyclone||0%||It doesn't deal any damage but it launches Shulk much higher into the air with more vertical and horizontal distance.|
|Down Special||Monado Purge||20% (full clean), 13% (mid clean), 6% (near empty clean), 2% (empty clean), 15% (full late), 10% (late), 4% (near empty late), .5% (empty late)||Shulk can purge the Monado when he has access a Monado Art or Skill Tree. This causes Shulk to release the power of the Monado. It does more damage and knockback the quicker he activates Monado Art or Skill Tree and decreases with time. It acts like a projectile that fires forward. When performed, it removes the Monado Art or Skill Tree and a cool down time to activate again is initiated.|
|Custom 1||Delayed Monado Purge||16% (full clean), 10% (mid clean), 4% (near empty clean), 1% (empty clean), 13% (full late), 8% (late), 2% (near empty late), 0% (empty late)||It does less damage but it is quicker than the default when started up. As well, the duration of time is much slower. The cool down time is fairly quick.|
|Custom 2||Consuming Monado Purge||24% (clean), 16% (late), 8% (Shulk)||Instead of dealing damage depending on when it is fired, it does a fixed amount of damage. It does more damage and knockback. However, it damages Shulk and causes the cool down time to be much longer.|
|Final Smash 1||Chain Attack||3% (hit 1), 2% (hits 2-12), 12% (hit 13), 5% (hit 14)||Shulk summons Dunban and Riki to perform a Chain Attack on his opponents, before finishing them off with a strong Monado slash.|
|Final Smash 2||Monado III||Varies||Shulk unlocks Monado III which increases the attacka nd special powers as well as the Monado Arts and Skill Tree duration drastically. Shulk's speed also increases and he has super armor to many of his attacks. His attacks also have increases reach and deal freeze frames when it connects.|
Italics means they have to be unlocked.
- Holds out his right hand and says, "Now it's Shulk time!" (Up)
- Shulk points the Monado forward and says "The future doesn't belong to you!". (Left)
- Fistpumps with his left hand and says, "I'm really feeling it!" (Right)
- Activates the Monado, poses with it, and says, "This is the Monado's power!" (Down)
Character Selection Screen
- Shulk activates his Monado and says "Ok, my turn!"
- Shulk slashes his Monado forward and says "Monado! Show me the way!"
- Shulk pumps his fist into the air and says "Nothing's gonna stop me!".
On Screen Appearance
- Jumps down with the Monado, then places it on his back after it deactivates.
- Shulk dashes out of an appearance and then readies his Monado.
- Shulk appears pulling the Monado from a downed Mechon which explodes. He then stands up and sheathes it.
- Swings the Monado a few times while it is active, then holds it level to his head as it deactivates, saying either "The future is ours to decide." or "I've got a good rhythm going!"
- Swings the inactive Monado upwards, then places it on his back, saying either "I got through that pretty good!" or "This is a good result!"
- Bows down with the Monado held lengthwise, then it activates, and he changes grip, saying either "I can feel the power!" or "I can change the future."
- Shulk picks up the Monado and slashes forward after doing a pose. He then says " "Not good enough!"
- Take his left arm an dpumps it while holding his right arm. He then says " "Piece of cake!"
- Shulk appears next to Reyn and Fiora. Shulk says "We will create a new world!" and Reyn says "But we didn't really contribute tot he fight..." and Fiora says "The burden is all on you Shulk :laughs:". Shulk then activates his Monado and says "You guys can depend on me!"
- Shulk is looking forward while clapping his hands.
- Shulk is gritting his teeth while holding his head.
- Shulk is holding his left arm while panting as if out of breathe.
A flourished remix of the second half of the riff of "You Will Know Our Names", the battle theme used in Xenoblade Chronicles when fighting a unique monster.
- Taps his foot and makes a thinking gesture.
- Quickly looks behind himself.
- Shulk moves the Monado in front of his face.
- Shulk rotates his arm and cracks his neck.
Shulk's trophies can be earned by completing Classic Mode, Adventure Mode, All-Star Mode, and Boss Battle mode. In addition, further trophies can be found during matches and at the Trophy Shop.
Unlock: Classic Mode
Unlock: Adventure Mode Console/White
Unlock: Adventure Mode Handheld/Pink
Unlock: Boss Battle Console
Unlock: Boss Battle Handheld
'Shulk (Back Slash)
Unlock: Match or Trophy Shop Blue
Shulk (Skill Tree)
Unlock: Match or Trophy Shop Indigo
Unlock: Match or Trophy Shop
Unlock: Match or Trophy Shop
Shulk (Up) Brown
Unlock: Match or Trophy Shop
Unlock: Complete a Pit Character Challenge
Unlock: All Star Mode (Easy or Normal)
Unlock: Unlock all Robin trophies
|Red||Red||Based on Shulk's default design.||Starter|
|White||White||Based off of Fiora's color scheme.||Starter|
|Black||Black||Based off of Dunban's color scheme.||Starter|
|Brown||Orange||Based off of Reyn's color scheme.||Starter|
|Blue||Blue||Based off of Sharla's color scheme.||Starter|
|Lavender||Pink||Based off of Melia's color scheme.||Starter|
|Yellow||Yellow||Based off of Riki's color scheme.||Starter|
|Trunks||Black||Based off of Shulk's swimsuit armor.||Starter|
|Gold||Gold||Resembles the color scheme for Zanza.||Starter|
|Indigo||Indigo||Based off Dickson's color scheme..||Starter|
|Grand Armor Shulk||Red||Based of the Grand Armor set for Shulk.||Locked|
|Jungle Shulk||Green||Based of the Jungle Armor for Shulk.||Locked|
|M100 Shulk||Gray||Based off the m100 Plate armor for Shulk.||Locked|