|Shovel Knight (SSB6)|
|Official Debut||Shovel Knight (2014)|
Shovel Knight () is a starting newcomer in the game Super Smash Bros. Universe. He represents the Shovel Knight franchise, and most, if not all of his attacks are pulled from his said game. He is the first indie character to be playable in the Super Smash Bros. franchise alongside Shantae.
Like the previous titles Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/Nintendo 3DS, Universe features custom movesets, however some of the options are complete changes compared to just modified variations of the standard specials.
- Neutral Attack - Shovel Knight does his classic shovel swing. He has no combo, but this does a a fair amount of damage and knockback.
- Dash Attack -
- Forward tilt - Shovel Knight punches forward with the Dust Knuckles, if it makes contact Shovel Knight will lunge forward and punch again.
- Up tilt - Shovel Knight swings his head upwards attacking with his horns.
- Down tilt - Shovel Knight throws an Alchemy Coin that deals minor damage but travels extremely far.
- Forward smash - Shovel Knight holds his Shovel to the side while charging up, dealing a devastating swing.
- Up smash - Shovel Knight throws an Anchor overhead, the longer you charge it the farther it goes.
- Down smash - Shovel Knight takes out the War Horn, he charges it and then he blows creating a shock wave around him. The longer you charge it, the bigger the shockwave it. It deals minimal knockback, but it has a very powerful Windbox.
- Neutral aerial - Shovel Knight does exactly the same thing as his Jab, only in mid-air.
- Forward aerial - Shovel Knight uses the Propeller Dagger. This is his main form of recovery.
- Back aerial - Shovel Knight uses the Propeller Dagger. This is his main form of recovery.
- Up aerial - Shovel Knight thrusts his Shovel upwards.
- Down aerial - Shovel Knight uses his signature Shovel Bounce. How it works is that it doesn't change his momentum or movement at all, instead it switches him to "Bounce Mode" in which if you hit anything below him, he will bounce again and again and again. However he cannot get out of this mode until you use your Neutral Air or when hitting the ground.
Grabs and throws
- Forward throw - Shovel Knight tosses the opponent with his shovel forwards.
- Back throw - Shovel Knight scoops the opponent and swings his shovel behind him.
Up Throw: Shovel Knight swings his shovel up high, along with his opponent.
- Up throw - Shovel Knight tosses the opponent with his shovel upwards.
- Down throw - Shovel Knight digs into his opponent. This leaves them in a dug state like Donkey Kong's Headbutt.
- Neutral special - Dig: Shovel Knight digs into the ground, and flings a ton of jewels forward. These damage the opponent. The bigger the jewel, the bigger the damage.
- Side special - Chaos Sphere/Fire Rod/Mobile Gear: Shovel Knight's side special rotates between three different special attacks.
- Chaos Sphere - Creates a green ball that bounces against the ground and walls that goes through and damages enemies.
- Fire Rod - Shoots a ball of fire that damages enemies and does good knockback.
- Mobile Gear - Summons a mobile gear that revs up and begins to move forward if a player stands on top of it. It deals damage and jumps off ledges. It breaks when it hits a wall and it cannot be turned around.
- Up special - Fishing Rod: The Fishing Rod acts like a Tether recovery when used in the air. However when used on the ground, the anchor damages enemies. If used by a ledge, the anchor meteor smashes opponents as it falls down to the ground. However if you wait until the anchor is completely off screen you can actually fish! Wait until the exclamation point and hit the B button again to reel it back in. You will be given a random item if Items are on. If Items are not on, you will get a useless boot or tire.
- Down special - Troupple Chalice: Shovel Knight gulps down a Chalice for 5 seconds. If Shovel Knight drinks all of the chalice he recovers 25%. He can do this twice per life. If he is interrupted while drinking the ichor, he will drop the chalice to the ground and it will break.
- Troupple King Waltz - Shovel Knight summons the Troupple King to put on a show. As the music plays, troupples start flies around the stage hitting and damaging enemies. Shovel Knight can't do anything, as he is just dancing to the music.
|Special Move||Basic||Custom 1||Custom 2|
|Side Special||Chaos Sphere/Fire Rod/Mobile Gear||TBA||TBA|
|Up Special||Fishing Rod||TBA||TBA|
|Down Special||Troupple Chalice||TBA||TBA|
|Final Smash||Troupple King Waltz|
- Shovel Knight holds his shovel in the air and shakes it with gumption.
- Shovel Knight rummages through a chest and holds up a big red jewel.
- Tries to use the Phase Locket, but it broke! A text bubble appears, and says "That OP thing doesn't belong in Smash!"
- Shovel Knight flip jumps and lands with his shovel in the air, with random entrance text like "Steel thy Shovel" or "For Shovelry!"
Role in the Wrath of Shadows