This page is for Sheriff in Super Smash Bros. Global Apocalypse ONLY. Do NOT edit this page unless you are given permission to do so.
Sheriff is the protagonist of the 1979 Arcade game with the same name, two years before Mario and one year before Mr. Game & Watch, making him the oldest and one of the first Nintendo characters ever created. He is a country sheriff and appears in Super Smash Bros. Global Apocalypse as the tenth unlockable character after 32 years.
|First Appearance||Sheriff/Bandido (1979)|
How to Unlock
- Play 400 Vs. Matches.
- Play the game for 20 hours.
- Get Sheriff to join your team in Story Mode. (Story Mode only)
Upon satisfying the above conditions, with the exception of the third one, the player must face Sheriff, in a match, in Final Destination.
Character DescriptionSheriff is a character with a particularly long history. He is the first Nintendo character, created by Shigeru Miyamoto; a middle-aged country sheriff, an is considered a classic Nintendo character. Sheriff starred in the 1979 Arcade game Sheriff where he chased the outlaws that had kidnapped his girlfriend, but ended up being cornered in the desert. The outlaws moved in a square around the sheriff while shooting at him. After defeating them, he would get reunited with his girlfriend. After his appearance in Sheriff and Sheriff 2, Sheriff was forgotten, until his cameos appearances in recent Wario games. After 32 years since his playable appearance, Sheriff reappears in a videogame as a playable character.
Sheriff is not much of a fighter. He is a medium to heavyweight, much like Link. He has slow ground speed but his attacks are somewhat quick. Some of them are rather weak, but some of them can be very deadly. He has a lot of projectiles in his moveset, each one with a different mechanic. Sheriff uses his two pistols in most of his attacks. For his Special Moves, he also uses a Lasso, which helps him recover more easily, and dynamites, which have a very similar function to Diddy Kong's Banana Peel. Sheriff also uses physical attacks in his tilts and Smash attacks. He is a balanced fighter, as his attacks are fairly powerful in terms of damage and knockback.
Sheriff has also received a drastic redesign since his appearance back in 1979. He is now fully rendered in 3D. His head it extremely large, to the point where he seems to be a caricature. He has a large, unshaven chin, very small eyes with large eyebrows and a large, brown hat. He wears an open, brown cowboy jacket with a white shirt and a metal badge. He wears large, bulky boots and carries a pistol in his hand, another one in his pocket.
- Neutral Attack - Punches twice, then kicks, leaning a bit backwards, then leans forward, hitting with his outstretched arm and boot. 2%, 2%, 4%, 5%
- Side Tilt - Kicks forward three times, the third being powerful. 3%, 3%, 6%
- Up Tilt - Creates a small blast with his pistol above his head. 12%
- Down Tilt - Kicks with his boot on the ground. 9%
- Dash Attack - Hits with his shoulder. 8%
- Side Smash - Creates an explosion with his pistol forward, much like Mario's Side Smash. 19% (if fully charged)
- Up Smash - Kicks upwards. 21%
- Down Smash - Stomps the floor with one foot in front of him. Can also hit from behind. 19% (if fully charged)
- Ledge Attack - Gets up and hits forward with his boot. 7%
- Floor Attack (face-up) - Kicks in front of him, then behind him. 8%
- Floor Attack (face-down) - Hits in front of him with his pistol, then behind him. 5%
- Floor Attack (sitting) - Twirls aroundm, kicking. 8%
- Neutral Aerial - Shoots on both sides with his pistols. 14%
- Forward Aerial - Kicks in front of him. 9%
- Back Aerial - Kicks behind him. 10%
- Up Aerial - Creates a series of blasts with his pistol. 16%
- Down Aerial - Falls quickly to the ground, stomping with both legs. 12%
Grabs & Throws
- Pummel - Knees opponent. 2%
- Forward Throw - Kicks opponent forward. 6%
- Back Throw - Twirls around his opponent and throws them behind him. 8%
- Up Throw - Throws them upwards and hoots them twice. 4%, 3%, 3%
- Down Throw - Holds them on the floor with his boot and shoots at them multiple times. 15%
|Sheriff's Special Moves|
|Side Special||Battering Gunfire|
- Up - Throws his pistols in the air, then catches them and aims in front of him.
- Side - Pulls his pistol near his mouth and blows the smoke out of it.
- Down - Turns into his Arcade bit form, then turns back to his original state.
- Twirls his pistols around, then puts them back in his pocket.
- Adjusts his hat.
Walks onstage riding his horse.
- Throws his hat in the air yelling "Yee haaa!!" while shooting at the sky, then grabs his hat back.
- Twirls his pistols, then catches them and aims at the viewer as he loads the trigger.
- Kisses his pistols, then takes a pose.
Throws his hat on the ground and stomps it repeatedly with an angry face.
- Sheriff is the oldest character in the entire game, being the very first Nintendo character ever created.
- Sheriff is the only character from the 70's.
- As seen on the picture above, Sheriff was originally going to have a knife attached to his pistol. This was eventually removed due to being irrelevant to the series and was replaced with a normal pistol from the original.
- Sheriff is the oldest fighter in the game, in terms of physical age.
- This is the first playable appearance of Sheriff in a videogame after 32 years.