Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Scrooge McDuck (SSB6)|
|Official Debut||DuckTales (1987)|
|Final Smash||It's Raining Money|
Scrooge McDuck (スクルージ·マクダック, Sukurūji Makudakku) an unlockable newcomer in the game Super Smash Bros. universe. He is one of three non-video game characters to be playable in the Super Smash Bros. Series, alongside Popeye the Sailor, and Mickey Mouse. His voice clips will provided by Alan Young, who has potrayed the character since 1974.
Scrooge McDuck is a medium weight fighter that relies on the use of his cane for most of his attacks, as well as always being able to stop on a dime no matter what. In fact within the game, Scrooge almost always remains on his cane and bounces around on it as a homage to the gameplay of DuckTales, DuckTales 2, and DuckTales: Remastered.
Like the previous titles Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/Nintendo 3DS, Universe features custom movesets, however the options are complete changes compared to just modified variations of the standard specials.
- Neutral Attack - Swings his cane three times as if it's a sword.
- Dash Attack - Surfs on treasure chest.
- Forward tilt - Thrusts cane forward as if he's stabbing.
- Up tilt - Swings cane upward to juggle the opponent.
- Down tilt - Bounces on cane like a pogo stick.
- Forward smash - Uses cane as a golf club.
- Up smash - Twirls around with his cane out.
- Down smash - Beats opponent over the head with his cane.
- Neutral aerial - Swings cane.
- Forward aerial - Thrusts cane forward.
- Up aerial - Swings cane upward.
- Down aerial - Does a ground pound with his cane.
Grabs and throws
- Pummel - Uses cane as baseball bat.
- Forward throw - Uses cane as a boomerang.
- backthrow - Uses cane to sling the opponent backwards.
- Up throw - Quickly grabs the opponent and jumps up in the air and then ground pounds them with his cane in mid-air as they descend until they get back onto the ground.
- Down throw - Throws money bag downward.
- Floor (back) - Picks up money bag and throws it over his shoulder.
- Floor (front) - Swings a treasure chest around.
- Edge (<100%) - Pulls himself up with his cane.
- Edge (100%+) - Jumps up and then pogos once on the ground with his cane.
- Neutral B: Treasure Chest - Throws a teasure chest.
- Side B: Safe - Pushes forward a safe.
- Up B: Cane Copter - Uses his cane as a propellor.
- Down B: Circle Cane - Runs around in circles dragging his cane along the ground.
- It's Raining Money - A plane (driven by Launchpad McQuack) comes in and starts dropping money bags, crushing the opponents (Scrooge hides in the safe the whole time).
|Special Move||Basic||Custom 1||Custom 2|
|Neutral Special||Tresure Chest||TBA||TBA|
|Up Special||Cane Copter||TBA||TBA|
|Down Special||Circle Cane||TBA||TBA|
|Final Smash||It's Raining Money|
- Up taunt - Balances his cane on his bill, then bounces it back into his hand.
- Side taunt - Reads a book.
- Down taunt - Bounces on his cane like it's a pogo stick.
- Jumps out of a plane driven by Launchpad McQuack.
Crowd: "Scrooge, Scrooge, Scrooge, McDuck! Scrooge, Scrooge, Scrooge, McDuck!"
- Bows while taking his top hat off in respect.
- Bounces on his cane a few times.
- Reads a book.
Role in the Wrath of Shadows
- Scrooge McDuck along with Popeye, Mickey Mouse, Captain N, and the Mini Kangaroo are the first and only non video game characters to be playable in the Super Smash Bros. Series. However, Captain N and the Mini Kangaroo are the only characters to have not originated from a video game that are owned by Nintendo.