Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|First appearance||Metroid (1986)|
|Recent game||Metroid: Other M (2009)|
|Final Smash||Zero Laser|
|Home stage||Chozo Ruins|
Samus Aran returns for the fifth time in Super Smash Bros. NeXt. This extraordinaire bounty hunter travels in many worlds to defeat her foes and to destroy Metroid's threat. Samus' most famous enemies are the Space Pirates, their leader Ridley, Mother Brain and many other bounty hunters such as Sylux. In NeXt, Samus received considerable buffs.
Samus' fighting style relies most on projectiles. In NeXt, Samus has access at four different projectiles: her new jab (she can also walk while jabbing), her new Standard Special (the Plasma Beam), her Side Special (Missiles) and her new Down Special (Charge Shot, previously her Standard Special). Samus' recovery has also improved with better jumps and Screw Attack. Also, Samus has become faster. On the other hand, she falls much faster, hindering her horizontal recovery but powering up her vertical one and, due to the knockback formula returned to Melee's, she has a better survivability, due to her improved gravity.
Changes between Smash 4
Samus has been immensely buffed from Smash 4 to NeXt.
- Samus is faster in walking, dashing and jumping speed.
- Samus has higher falling speed and gravity.
- Samus can now crawl. She also gained an unique crawl attack: by pressing A while crawling, she creates a bomb that quickly explodes and boosts her.
- Jab now is a projectile. If held, she keeps shooting. The shoots can reach mote than half Final Destination, making this a good camping tool. Also, by holding B and walking, she can shoots when moving.
- Dash attack's hitbox comes out faster.
- Side tilt lost the sourspots.
- Down tilt's knockback increased.
- Up Smash's first hits connect better with the last one, that's stronger.
- Down Smash's knockback increased.
- Forward Smash comes out faster.
- Neutral aerial is a simple sex kick like Brawl's.
- Forward aerial has a single flame effect instead of five explosions. While losing its multi-hit propriety, it gained more spacing abilities.
- Down aerial lost its sourspot.
- Up aerial has a vacuum effect, meaning that can trap into it.
Grab and throws
- Grapple Beam is faster.
- Neutral Special is now Plasma Beam. Charge Beam is now her down Special.
- Missiles improved: Homing Missiles have better homing proprieties while Super Missiles are stronger and can explode by creating another Super Missile, allowing to quickly shooting Super Missiles.
- Screw Attack covers more horizontal and vertical distance.
|Jab||6%||Samus shoots a powerful energy ball. It covers more than the half of Final Destination. If moving forward or backward before pressed A, it's possible to walk while shooting.|
|Side tilt||9% (angled), 8% (neutral)||Samus performs a roundhouse kick.|
|Up tilt||13% (aerial), 12% (ground)||Samus does an axe kick. The feet has meteor proprieties.|
|Down tilt||12%||Samus points her blaster arm downward and creates an explosion. Can KO at about 120%.|
|Dash Attack||10% (clean), 6% (late)||Samus shoulder rams her opponents.|
|Forward Smash||15% (fire), 13% (cannon)||Samus points her cannon forward and creates an explosion, that's the sweetspot of the attack.|
|Up Smash||Cover Fire||3% (hits 1-4), 12% (hit 5)||Samus creates five explosions above her. The last his has good knockback, KOing at about 100%.|
|Down Smash||10% (hit 1), 12% (hit 2)||Samus performs a sweeping kick hitting both sides.|
|Neutral aerial||8% (clean), 5% (late)||A sex kick, faster and with a bigger hitbox than her previous neutral aerial.|
|Forward aerial||9%||Samus moves her cannon, creating a trail of fire. Good spacing move, as the recoil moves Samus backward.|
|Back aerial||14% (clean foot), 12% (clean leg), 9% (late)||Samus does a powerful backward kick. Her best KOing tool when in the air.|
|Up aerial||3% (hit 1), 1% (hits 2-5), 4% (hit 6)||Samus performs an upwards drill. Has a vacuum effect, that allows to trap opponents inside.|
|Down aerial||10% (early), 14% (clean), 11% (late)||Samus swings her cannon downwards. The sweetspot has meteor smash effects.|
|Grab aerial||2% (early), 3% (late)||Samus uses her Grapple Beam in the air.|
Grab and throw
|Grab||-%||Samus uses her Grapple Beam as an extended grab. Has the best grab reach in the game.|
|Pummel||1%||Samus quickly fists the opponent.|
|Forward throw||9%||Samus twirls the opponent above her head then throws her or him forward.|
|Back throw||8%||Samus swings her opponent backward.|
|Up throw||1% (hits 1-5), 4% (throw)||Samus points her opponent upwards, then blasts her or him upward.|
|Down throw||6%||Samus throws her opponent downward, allowing her for a follow up such as her forward aerial.|
|Floor attack (front)||7%||Samus kicks both sides and wakes up|
|Floor attack (back)||7%||Samus kicks both sides and wakes up|
|Ledge attack||7%||Samus climbs onto the edge and sweep kicks.|
|Crawl attack||12% (explosion), 7% (dash)||Samus creates a bomb that explodes and launches her forward. This move can only be done while crawling.|
|Standard Special||Plasma Beam||13% (clean), 11% (late)||Samus fires a powerful green beam that travels quickly forward. It has good knockback, KOing at 134%.|
|Standard Special: custom move 1||Plasma Projectile||18%, 22% (explosion)||This variation makes the beam exploding, while being stronger but slower.|
|Standard Special: custom move 2||Plasma Shield||5% (per hit)||The beam becomes a shield-like projectile. It reflects projectile but is slower and weaker.|
|Side Special||Missile||5% (homing), 10% (super)||Samus creates a missile: by simply attacking she creates a homing missile which follows the opponents, if performed like a Smash attack, she creates a Super Missile that is faster and inflicts higher damage.|
|Side Special: custom move 1||Relentless Missile||3% (homing), 12% (super)||Normal Missiles move much slower and persistently chase the target but are weaker; Super Missiles travels less range but are stronger.|
|Side Special: custom move 2||Turbo Missile||4% (homing), 9% (super)||Missiles pause in the air once fired before shooting out at high speed at the cost of damage.|
|Up Special||Screw Attack||2% (ground hit 1), 1% (ground hits 2-11), 1% (air hits 1-12)||Samus leaps upwards in a high speed front flip of energy.|
|Up Special: custom move 1||Screw Rush||2% (loop), 5% (last)||Deals damage more sporadically with more control.|
|Up Special: custom move 2||Apex Screw Attack||2% (hit 1), 9% (ground hit 2), 7% (air hit 2)||Moves only vertically and hits only twice.|
|Down Special||Charge Shot||3%-25%||Samus charges up a ball of energy and fires it.|
|Down Special: custom move 1||Dense Charge Shot||4%-27%||Takes longer to charge. Shots fired deal slightly more damage and travel at an extremely slow speed; up to three uncharged shots can exist at once.|
|Down Special: custom move 2||Melee Charge Shot||5%-18%||Fires a "shotgun blast" of energy that only hits at point-blank range.|
|Final Smash||Zero Laser||1% (fringe loop), 2% (main loop), 3% (fringe last), 6% (main last)||Samus fires a huge beam across the stage. The laser can be angled slightly up or slightly down.|
- Checks her arm cannon
- Puts arm cannon down
- Up: Thrusts her hand behind her while the jets on her back light up.
- Side: Part of her arm cannon comes out, with the Zero Laser part shown.
- Down: Points her arm cannon behind her, then in front of her
Retains her one from Smash 4.
- Shoots multiple times while kneeling, then finishes with a pose.
- Punches twice then shoots with her Arm Cannon.
- Checks her Arm Cannon, then shoots with it.
Claps to the winner.
Arrives from a save point.
Walking and dashing animation
- Walk: walks holding her arm cannon.
- Dashing: dashes holding her arm cannon.
- Dodge: rolls forward/backward in her Morph Ball
- Sidestep: avoids incoming projectiles.
- Air dodge: avoids projectiles while jumping.
A remix of Smash 4 victory theme for Metroid series, which is a remix of the song heard when Samus gets a power-up.
Criminals from all the galaxy, Samus Aran is here! With her Arm Cannon she can fire many types of projectiles and so she does in Smash Bros. series! In Metroid series, Samus goes in many planets to defeat her enemies such as Ridley, Kraid and Mother Brain. Do you know what's the suit's name? That's the Power Suit but she has many others such as the Light Suit and the Fusion Suit. Orphan when she was a little child, the alien race known as the Chozo adopted her and grew up the most famous bounty hunter in the galaxy!
Appeared in: Metroid (NES, 8/86), Metroid: Other M (Wii, 11/10).