|Previous Smash Appearances||SSB, SSBM, SSBB, SSB4|
|Final Smash||Zero Laser|
This article details Samus as she appears in Super Smash Bros. Crusade, not the character as a whole. Please do not edit anything here unless it is categories that could be added or if the creator gives you permission.
Samus returns in Super Smash Bros. Crusade, alongside the other 7 starters of the original Smash Bros. She was first confirmed on July 2, 2015, in the debut trailer of the game alongside 14 other characters. Samus has changed very little from Super Smash Bros. 4, her biggest differences solely being various nerfs and buffs to her previous moves.
Major Changes from Smash 4
- Samus's weight is increased.
- Samus's walk speed is slightly decreased, and her dash speed is slightly increased.
- Samus's down tilt is buffed.
- All of Samus's smashes have increased power.
- Samus's neutral combo is quicker.
- Forward air's last hit knockback is slightly decreased.
- Grab animation is slightly longer.
- Super Missiles travel slightly slower.
- Zero Laser has much less vertical range, but deals much more damage and knockback.
|Neutral Special||Charge Shot||Charge up an energy shot's power, and then fire it in a single direction.|
|Custom Special 1||Dense Charge Shot||Slower charge and movement, but much more power.|
|Custom Special 2||Melee Charge Shot||Fires a powerful blast that only hits at point-blank range.|
|Side Special||Missile||Launch a slow missile. Tap the input for a quicker and more powerful Super Missile.|
|Custom Special 1||Relentless Missile||Missiles have more homing capabilities, at the cost of damage.|
|Custom Special 2||Auto Missile||Only use Super Missiles, but use up more time firing them.|
|Up Special||Screw Attack||Screw Attack upwards and hit opponents multiple times.|
|Custom Special 1||Screw Rush||Deals sporadic damage and provides better control.|
|Custom Special 2||Apex Screw Attack||Vertically-inclined Screw Attack that hits only twice.|
|Down Special||Bomb Drop||Drop a small bomb onto the ground.|
|Custom Special 1||Slip Bomb||Deals less damage, but trips opponents that get caught in the explosion.|
|Custom Special 2||Bomb Launch||Bomb explodes automatically, launching Samus into the air.|
|Final Smash||Zero Laser||Fire a large Zero Laser that does insane damage and knockback.|
- Up: Salutes with her left arm.
- Right: Faces the screen and shows off the arm cannon.
- Left: Holds the gun up and loads it, then aims forward.
- Down: Aims the gun back, then in front.
Samus arrives through a Save Point.
The sound of the Screw Attack move is heard.
- Fires multiple shots before aiming with her arm cannon.
- Kicks to her side, before readying her arm cannon.
- Punches twice and readies her arm cannon.
Samus claps to the winner with her hand and arm cannon.
- Raises her arm cannon up slowly, before putting it down
- Puts her arm cannon down and looks around.
If you're looking for intergalactic bounty hunters, you don't get better than Samus Aran. After a tragic event during her childhood involving Ridley, Samus was trained and cared for by the Chozo. Her special Power Suit gives her incredible ammunition and abilities. Use her projectile attacks to get the upper hand!
Samus's Charge Shot packs a punch, but you have to charge it before it reaches its full potential, obviously. Luckily, the Power Suit comes with other weapons you can use to halt your foes before you reveal the Charge Shot. Her recovery move, the Screw Attack, is a popular upgrade from the Metroid series - so popular that it shows up in Smash as an item!
Is Samus's recovery not enough for you? Try using her special aerial tether or the Bomb Launch custom, as both give you extra chances to get back onto the stage. The missiles come in two forms - the more powerful Super Missile only appears when you tap the inputs, or use the Auto Missile custom move.
When you see Samus get the Smash Ball, do your very best to not get caught. The Zero Laser fired by her arm cannon isn't exactly stage-wide, but it's pretty darn big, and is almost certain to one-hit-KO. Now if only her Zero Laser could be used at will...it'd make her the best bounty hunter in the universe! Right?