Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Official Debut||Street Fighter Alpha 2 (1996)|
Sakura Kasugano () is an unlockable newcomer in the game Super Smash Bros. Universe, and is the second character to represent the Street Fighter franchise after Ryu. She is a Japanese School Girl who has a rather large fascination with Ryu, and is determined to be as good as he is, in the hope that she will one day be his student. Similar to how Ryu is designed to most resemble his moveset in the Street Fighter games, Sakura has been designed to most resemble a mixture of her Street Fighter Alpha, and Street Fighter IV styles. In addition to further differentiate from Ryu, Sakura's Hadouken's are colored pink as a reference and tribute to the Street Fighter EX games.
Sakura fights using an emulated (and thus comparatively weaker) version of Ryu's fighting style; her applications of the moves lead to a unique approach to the "Shotokan" fighting style, with a different gameplay style from that of Ryu's. Sakura's moveset contains many "unorthodox" variants of existing 'Shotokan' moves, including a 'running' Shoryuken, a jumping Tatsumaki, and a less-powerful Hadoken that she can charge, though at the cost of distance.
Because of this, Sakura actually uses the exact same 4 Special Moves as Ryu, but due to the fact that she simply emulates Ryu's style, many of her attack tend to function much differently including her basic attacks, thus lending her a fighting style all her own. Her Final Smashes also function differently, for they are based off of
In addition to various quotes that Sakura states during her regular victories, she also has personalized victory quotes after winning matches against Ryu/Ken, Heihachi, Pac-Man, Mega Man, and Jin Kazama. All four quotes are pulled directly from Street Fighter X Tekken.
- If Sakura wins against Ryu - "Whoa... I won? Really? Wow, cool! Thank you for the fight, Ryu-san!"
- If Sakura wins against Ken - "I win! Yay! Next time Ken-san! Just barely, but a win is a win, right? Hehehe..."
- If Sakura wins against Heihachi - "Whew, I won. But I bet this is gonna sting tomorrow."
- If Sakura wins against Jin Kazama - "I coulda swore I just saw this guy sprout a pair of wings... Nah, I must be dreaming!"
- If Sakura wins against Pac-Man - "I’m not really sure what you are… but thanks for the fight!"
- If Sakura wins against Mega Man - "That’s a pretty cool helmet! Did you make it yourself?"
Role in the Wrath of Shadows