Stomach and Artery Neutralizing Infection/Transmission, often shortened to SANI-T, is an incurable disease transmitted through the air that was responsible for killing up to 68% of Earth's population by the year 2063. The disease settles in the brain and the heart of those who get infected by the disease, ceasing the use of their arteries and stomach. Those infected are starved, and often bedridden due to lack of blood flowing through the body, causing them to slowly go insane, before dying from a variety of reasons. Those infected with SANI-T are never hungry, and is the most obvious symptom of the disease. Other symptoms include paling of skin, bloodshot eyes with unfocused vision and their mind usually slows. People who are infected by the SANI-T virus are often given the title of "Sanit".
Very few people have been found to hold an immunity to the SANI-T virus. Females seem to be able to be more immune to the virus for unknown reasons. Those who hold an immunity are often held by the government in order to find a cure, with all efforts ending in vain. Those with an immunity to the virus are often treated as monsters or in-human.
A person may not hold complete immunity to the SANI-T virus, however. Several are shown to grow pale and have unfocused, bloodshot eyes, but still act the same as they had before showing symptoms, including having a healthy appetite. However, these people usually commit suicide as the human brain is incapable of adapting to the virus, and eventually deteriorates.
- Chloe Dover - Having contracted the virus in 2063, Chloe Dover showed some of the symptoms of having SANI-T, but was deemed as immune to the virus.
- Akihiro Kobashigawa - Akihiro and his wife Kazumi contracted SANI-T in 2059. He was killed by police in an effort to contain the virus in 2060.
- Jule Kobashigawa - Jule Kobashigawa and her sister Yukiko were deemed immune to the virus after having lived with their infected parents for over two years and showing no symptoms. Legally they had been infected with SANI-T, as they found traces of the virus within their bloodstreams.
- Kazumi Kobashigawa - Kazumi and her husband Akihiro contracted SANI-T in 2059. She was killed by police in an effort to contain the virus in 2060.
- Yukiko Kobashigawa - Yukiko Kobashigawa and her sister Jule were deemed immune to the virus after having lived with their infected parents for over two years and showing no symptoms. Legally they had been infected with SANI-T, as they found traces of the virus within their bloodstreams.
- Arthur Mavis - While police reported he died from suicide, Arthur had actually contracted the SANI-T disease from his adopted daughter, and he killed himself to try and save others.
- Haruka Moto - Haruka exhibits symptoms of the SANI-T virus while traversing through a decaying Earth.