|First Appearance||Super Metroid|
|Home Stage||Ridley's Lair|
|Final Smash||Meta Ridley|
Ridley is a newcomer who appears in Super Smash Bros. Slam. He was one of the last new characters to be announced. He has appeared as the main antagonist in many Metroid games, and after being a boss enemy or stage hazard for so long, Ridley finally makes his way onto the battlefield! Since his size was a problem during the game's development, he appears as the size he was in the opening of Super Smash Bros. Melee , which is a little larger than Samus. He is unlockable, and the only way to unlock him is by winning 30 matches as Samus.
- Most powerful character in the game.
- Able to KO most of the fighters in the game with ease.
- Fantasic in air.
- Decent range.
- Good, not great, but GOOD armor.
- Can crawl.
- Very slow on ground.
- While he is good in air, he has a limit to how long he can be up there.
- Falls over and gets dizzy often.
- His recovery can kill him if he isn't close enough to the stage.
- Almost always left vunerable by his attacks.
Ridley is a very dangerous fighter that can be very difficult to conquer. This guy may be slow and heavy, but that makes he can use this to his advantage to make his attacks even stronger and more dangerous. He is the most powerful character in the game, and is capable of defeating most fighters when they are at 0% damage. He is skilled in the air, and can unleash his most deadly attacks while up there. His attacks like Tail Stab and Fire Blast have excellent range. His weight also gives him a great deal of launch resistance. However, Ridley has some disadvantages that can make fighting certain types of opponents hard for him. He has relatively decent armor, but you can't count on it too much. Due to his large size, he is very slow, and his weight makes him fall quickly. His slow attacks may be powerful, but they often leave him vulnerable in battle. However, if the player can get past this and make sure to always keep him moving around the battlefield, Ridley can be almost unstoppable.
- Neutral Combo: Ridley slashes his claws twice, jabs with his tail, and then slams it on the ground to finish his combo.
- Dash Attack: Ridley lunges forward and bites the enemy.
- Side Tilt: Ridley will throw a powerful backhand strike.
- Up Tilt: Ridley will slash his claws wildly at the air above him.
- Down Tilt: Ridley will do a sweeping tail attack.
- Neutral Special: Ridley blasts a fireball from his mouth. Hold Neutral B to blast them at a higher rate and speed.
- Side Special: Ridley will do a powerful corkscrew forward and shred up anything he touches with his claws and wings.
- Up Special: Ridley will shoot up into the air and out of view. He will then slam back down on the stage, but only if he is close enough to land on it. The slam does high damage when used on enemies.
- Down Special: Ridley, flying just a bit off the ground, will charge forward while dashing his spiked tail along the ground, causing sparks to fly everywhere as he advances.
- Side Smash: Ridley charges up his tail and jabs it forward, stabbing anything in his way. Has great range and damage.
- Up Smash: Ridley jabs his spiked wings into the air.
- Down Smash: Ridley does a small jump into the air and flaps his wings, then smashing downwards soon after.
- Ledge Attack: Ridley pulls himself up and delivers a weak headbutt.
- 100% Ledge Attack: Ridley still holding onto the ledge, Ridley stabs his tail through the stage multiple times.
- Floor Attack: Ridley will slash his claws both sides of him.
- Trip Attack: Ridley will get up while spinning, grinding up anything near him with his sharp wings.
- Neutral Air: Ridley will spike his tail forward.
- Forward Air: Ridley will peck the enemy violently with his beak.
- Back Air: Ridley stabs his tail out behind him.
- Up Air: Ridley snaps his jaws at the air above him.
- Down Air: Ridley will slam downwards.
Grabs And Throws
- Grab: Ridley reaches out and grabs ahold of his enemies using his tail like a grappling hook.
- Pummel: Ridley bites the held enemy.
- Forward Throw: Ridley slams the enemy down in front of him, and flaps his wings to create air currents and blow them away.
- Back Throw: Ridley will throw them over his head, and then stab them with his tail.
- Down Throw: Ridley will take the enemy in one hand, and then slam them down onto the floor.
- Up Throw: Ridley will fly into the air and out of view, enemy still in hand. Then after a while, his trademark roar with be heard, and he will throw the enemy down onto the stage, and then slam down on top off them.
- Up: Ridley does his trademark roar. Damages enemies slightly if they are close to him.
- Side: Ridley scrathes his head with his tail.
- Down: Ridley streches out his wings and shows them off.
Meta Ridley: Ridley will turn into the more vicious Meta Ridley, and all his attack's damage will increase greatly. He is now faster, and his grabs are made even more powerful. He is also made slightly larger. Once this attack ends, he will turn back into regular Ridley.
Wins, Losses, And Entrance
- Win #1: Ridley will whip his tail around and then show off his claws threatningly.
- Win #2: Ridley will unleash a powerful roar and look towards the sky.
- Win #3: Ridley will blast a burst of powerful fire from his jaws.
- Win #4: Rildley will fly away.
- Loss: Ridley will clap slowly. You can tell he is angry.
- Entrance: Ridley swoops onto the stage.
In Competitive Play
- Since he is slow on ground, try to use his dashes when progressing through levels or fights.
- Be careful when using Ridley's Final Smash, as he moves VERY fast while using it.
- Whenever enemies are close to you, punish them with his up throw.
- Roll often whenever fighting heavier characters.
An extremely powerful beast and Samus Aran's ultimate rival, Ridley is merciless and violent. He has the dangerous skill and abilities of fire and aerial attacks that make him a threat to be reckoned with. He is the leader of the Space Pirates, and has held bad blood with Samus ever since he caused the death of her parents. Ridley may be strong, but he is slow and clumsy. Remember: if you are challenging him on the ring, wait for an opening and strike that sucker with everything you got! Make Samus proud!
Ridley is a ferocious terror of talons and teeth. With incredible flying abilities and dangerous fighting skills and techniques, this fiendish monster is not to be messed with. One of his worst attacks is his powerful corkscrew ability. When performed, Ridley dashes forward while spinning, and becomes a deadly cyclone of claws, fangs and spikes. Once an opponent is caught by this attack, the only way to escape is to wait for it to end -and by then, it might be too late!
When Ridley gets his hands on a Smash Ball, he'll become the fearsome Meta Ridley, sporting the futuristic Space Pirate technology which makes him stronger than ever. In this form, the terrifying alien becomes far more fierce and deadly, and can also fly in the air with much greater speed. He hardly flinches at the attacks of his opponents. On top of that, he also gains a size increase, making him even more intimidating than before. Even the brave and mighty Samus fears the vicious Meta Ridley.