Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This page is for Ridley in Super Smash Bros. Global Apocalypse ONLY. Do NOT edit this page unless you are given permission to do so.
Ridley is a recurring antagonist in the Metroid series. He is a high-ranking Space Pirate and Samus's arch enemy. He first appeared in 1986's NES game Metroid, and has since appeared in almost every Metroid game to date.
|First Appearance||Metroid (1986)|
Ridley is a high-ranking Space Pirate and the arch enemy of Samus. He is a skeletal pterodactyl with glowing eyes. Ridley is known to be very defiant and persistent; though Samus manages to defeat him, he always returns and does battle with her, either through his healing abilities, cloning or robotic enhancements. Despite his fearsome and bestial appearance, Ridley is known to be highly intelligent, to the points of building a synthetic construct made in his own image. He can also speak the english language. He is known to have a bloodthirsty personality and takes great personal enjoyment in destruction. Ridley is extremely adept in survival as he was capable of healing his wounds by eating human flesh, as seen in the manga.
While his actual size has been drastically minimized, Ridley still remains as the game's largest fighter, a titan character, even larger than Bowser. Ridley is a heavy weight character, lighter than Bowser and Donkey Kong. He is a master at aerial combat, he can glide and is attacks have huge range and are incredibly powerful. He is a fast and powerful fighter. His Smash attacks and tilts are quick and powerful, making him a flexible character to use both on ground and in the air. He mostly uses his claws, teeth and tail in his tilts and Smash Attacks. Nearly all of his Special Moves allow him to recovery in all angles. His Standard Special also allows him to use projectiles. Ridley is on the stronger side, where he mostly relies on offensive attacks and raw power. While having many advantages, Ridley also has many drawbacks. Being a titan character, Ridley has problem dodging attacks and especially projectiles. He has fast falling speed and can be grabbed very easily. He has difficulties avoiding attacks, specifically from very small characters such as Pikachu.
- Neutral Attack - Two swipes with his claws. 10%
- Side Tilt - Swipes with his tail. 9%
- Up Tilt - Bites upwards. 12%
- Down Tilt - Extends his claws forward on the ground. 8%
- Dash Attack - Ripps forward with his claws. 9%
- Side Smash - Sweeps his head forward from bottom to top, biting. Has excellent knockback. 28% (if fully charged)
- Up Smash - Bats upward with both of his wings, hitting twice. 22% (if fully charged)
- Down Smash - Twirls around, hitting with his tail in front of him and behind him. 26% (if fully charged)
- Ledge Attack - Gets up and hits with the edge of his tail. 5%
- Floor Attack (face-up) - Swipes with his tail in front of him, then behind him. 9%
- Floor Attack (face-down) - Claws in front of him, then behind him. 9%
- Floor Attack (sitting) - Twirls around while biting. 6%
- Neutral Aerial - Spins downwards, hitting anyone near him with his tail. 10%
- Forward Aerial - Breathes a burst of fire. 18%
- Back Aerial - Strikes backward with his tail. 15%
- Up Aerial - Three quick swipes with his claws. 9%
- Down Aerial - Stops in mid-air, then rapidly falls down to the ground with his tail. 13%
Grabs & Throws
- Pummel - Claws his opponent. 3%
- Forward Throw - Bites them and throws them forward with his mouth. 9%
- Back Throw - Kicks them with his foot. 8%
- Up Throw - Flies a short distance upwards in a spherical way, then violently throws his opponent down. 14%
- Down Throw - Blasts a series of fire on them. 8%
|Ridley's Special Moves|
|Standard Special||Fire Breath Blast|
|Side Special||Sonic Dash|
|Up Special||Dragon Glider|
|Down Special||Tail Crush|
|Final Smash||Omega Hypermode|
- Up - Screeches loudly as he flaps his wings.
- Side - Screeches in a different tone and looks at the viewer.
- Down - Screeches and stands on four.
- Moves his tail up and down.
Glides from the background to the stage.
- Flies in circles in the air as he screeches.
- Screeches loudly at the viewer, then stops.
- Walks slowly towards the viewer and claws the screen, then screeches.
Fallls down to the ground, trying to get up with his arms.
- Ridley is the largest playable character in the game, but not the heaviest.