Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Note: this page talks about this character in Super Smash Bros. Devastation.
Ridley makes his big debut! He comes as the new representative of the Metroid series (and the only one is the Smash series which isn't Samus). Ridley was born in Metroid, in 1986 so he's fought in the sixth level of the All-Star Mode.
Ridley is an unique character: while not being the heaviest (King K. Rool and Bowser are heavier) he is bigger than any other character. So big that he's known to be the giant character. He's big as 1.5 Bowser and his main strength is also his main flaw: his hitboxes (and hurtboxes) are enormous and he's an easy target to hit. Ridley can jump 3 times and glide.
- Weight: 10/10
- Speed: 6/10
- Jump: 7/10
- Throws: 5/10
- Standard: Flameballs. Ridley breaths some fire from the mouth. It can look like Fire Breath of Bowser but has some differences: this move has a lower range than the others but Ridley shoots the flames in an opener range. This move inflicts about 25% of damage if all hits are connected. Customization: Flame Breath/Explosive Flameball.
- Side: Ridley's Vortex. Ridley starts flying forward and attacks like Charizard's Dragon Rush in Smash 4. Customization: Ridley's Bomb Flight/Ridley's Blitz
- Up: Flight of Evil. Ridley jumps very high and then starts gliding. Customization: Rogue Flight/Mighty Wings.
- Down: Giant Fireball. Ridley spits some fire in the background of the stage. After 4 fireballs spitted in the background, a giant fireball will come in Ridley's mouth and he can spit it, inflicting 37% of damage and having a very good knockback (can KO Mario around 60% of damage). Customization: Direct Fireball/Long Charge Fireball
- Final Smash: Meta Ridley. Ridley transforms into Meta Ridley for 30 seconds. In this form, Ridley is invulnerable, takes no knockback, can fly freely and his attacks inflict x2.5 damage.
- Ability: gliding. Ridley's glide is probably the slowest in the game.
- Air Dodge: Brawl
- Wavedash: yes
- Traction: low
- Taunt: open his wings and roars.
- Entrance: Meta Ridley descends and becomes Ridley.
- Weight value: 126.
- Ridley is one of the two characters in the game which can wavedash by gliding but not by air dodging, the other being Charizard.
- Initially, Dark Samus was hinted instead Ridley but later the former was removed and continues being an Assist Trophy.
- Purple Monster (default)
- Green Ally (green team)
- Red Dragon (red team)
- Blue Mega Dragon (blue team)
- Black Evil
- White Hole
- Orange Salamander
- Space Pirate