|Rick Wheeler (SSB6)|
|Official Debut||F-Zero: GP Legend (2003)|
|Final Smash||Dragon Bird|
Rick Wheeler (リュ·須坂, Ryu Suzaka) is an unlockable newcomer in the game Super Smash Bros. Universe. He represents the F-Zero franchise, and is also a clone of Captain Falcon, having been originally planned to be a costume for Falcon before being given his own roster slot. His design is an updated version of his appearances in both the F-Zero anime, and its two GBA counterparts, F-Zero GP Legend and the Japan-only F-Zero Climax. In addition, Rick Wheeler also has a Captain Falcon costume that references the ending of the final episode of the F-Zero Anime in which he gained the title of Captain Falcon. In the Japanese version of the game, his original voice actor,
How to UnlockEdit
- Clear Classic Mode on Intensity 5.5 or higher with Captain Falcon, and Samurai Goroh.
- Complete 10 or more rounds of Crazy Orders.
- Play 203 VS Matches.
Upon completion of one of the objectives above, Rick Wheeler will challenge the player to battle on Mute City Serial Gaps. Beating him will unlock him for regular use in the game.
Rick Wheeler is a clone of Captain Falcon and therefore shares the same moves as him. However compared to Captain Falcon, Rick is a better aerial fighter and is quicker than Captain Falcon. In addition, rather than a falcon made of fire appearing when using his moves, a dragon made of electricity appears instead. His moves can also paralyze opponents.
Like the previous titles Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/Nintendo 3DS, Universe features custom movesets, however some of the options are complete changes compared to just modified variations of the standard specials.
- Neutral Attack - Rick Wheeler punches twice then knees the opponent. Alternatively, the first two punches can be followed by a series of punches, culminating in a underhand punch.
- Dash Attack - Rick Wheeler rams a shoulder into the opponent.
- Forward tilt - Rick Wheeler does a roundhouse kick.
- Up tilt - Rick Wheeler does an axe kick with good horizontal knockback. The heel can meteor smash aerial opponents.
- Down tilt - Rick Wheeler does a sweep kick with horizontal knockback.
- Forward smash - Rick Wheeler rears back and makes a lunging electrical elbow.
- Up smash - Rick Wheeler performs a spinning double hop-kick. A potent move with little start-up lag.
- Down smash - Rick Wheeler quickly kicks in front of him and then behind him.
- Neutral aerial - Rick Wheeler kicks in front of him twice.
- Forward aerial - Rick Wheeler jabs a knee forward. It has very high knockback when sweetspotted. High landing lag.
- Back aerial - Rick Wheeler does a quick backhand.
- Up aerial - Rick Wheeler kick flips with fast start-up and good all-around range (though not directly below him).
- Down aerial - Rick Wheeler stomps downward. Initiates a meteor smash when sweetspotted.
Grabs and throwsEdit
- Forward throw - Rick Wheeler punches the enemy, sending them forward.
- Back throw - Rick Wheeler puts the enemy behind him and kicks.
- Up throw - Rick Wheeler holds the enemy up and punches them upward with his left hand.
- Down throw - Rick Wheeler flips opponent and throws them on the ground.
- Neutral special - Dragon Punch: Rick Wheeler charges his fist and preforms a powerful electrical punch in the shape of a dragon. The can paralyze opponents for a few seconds.
- Side special - Dragon Knuckle: Rick charges forward and preforms a paralyzing electrical uppercut.
- Up special - Dragon Kiss: Rick Wheeler attempts to grab an opponent, finishing with an electrical explosion. If successful, he will cry "ALL RIGHT!!!". Does a harmless flip if the attack fails.
- Down special - Dragon Kick: A fast kick that doesn't have as much power and takes slightly longer to charge, but goes right through opponents. The landing hit paralyzes opponents.
- Dragon Bird - Rick Wheeler calls in the Dragon Bird, which crashes through the stage in front of Rick Wheeler. Whoever it hits when it first appears will be hit by the rest of the move. Characters who are not hit will stay in place until the end of the smash. A short cutscene appears, and the opponents are run over and sent flying. Like certain other Final Smashes, if no one is hit when the Dragon Bird appears, then the attack fails.
|Special Move||Basic||Custom 1||Custom 2|
|Neutral Special||Dragon Punch||Dragon Dash Punch||Mighty Dragon Punch|
|Side Special||Dragon Knuckle||Heavy Dragon Knuckle||Wind-Up Dragon Knuckle|
|Up Special||Dragon Kiss||Dragon Strike||Explosive Dragon Kiss|
|Down Special||Dragon Kick||Dragon Kick Fury||Fiery Dragon Kick|
|Final Smash||Dragon Bird|
- The Dragon Bird spins to a stop, Rick Wheeler jumps out, and then the Dragon Bird speeds off.
- A warp gate from the F-Zero Anime appears on the stage with a mysterious shadow appearing, which is revealed to be Rick.
- Appears alongside Lucy Liberty, Jack Levin, and Clank Hughes who all congratulate Rick on his victory.
- Tosses his blaster in the air while his girlfriend Luna Ryder kisses him. He then looks at the camera, and says, "Not bad for a guy that's 150 years old!" He then laughs along with Luna about the quote.
- Plays a solo cover of the F-Zero victory theme on the guitar he was seen using in the ending of the F-Zero anime.
Role in the Wrath of ShadowsEdit
- Rick Wheeler's Young Captain Falcon costume changes his Final Smash to the Blue Falcon instead of the Dragon Bird, making Rick Wheeler the only fighter alongside Captain Falcon to aesthetically change his Final Smash with an alternate costume.