|Super Smash Bros. Riot|
|Official Debut||Pokémon Red and Green (1996)|
|Final Smash||Charge & Shock Wave|
|Home Stage||Gateway Colosseum|
Raichu (ライチュウ, Raichu) is a recurring Pokémon in the Pokémon series. Raichu first appears as one of the 151 species of Pokémon in Pokémon Red and Green, and appears in all versions following it. Raichu is the evolved form of Pikachu when exposed to a Thunder Stone. Raichu has some similarities to Pikachu in this game, but he has enough differences to not be considered a full clone of Pikachu, including normal attacks and Special Moves.
Raichu is a lightweight fighter, but he is heavier than Pikachu. Because of this, Raichu is slower in movement and also has lower jumps than him. However, his strength makes up for this. Raichu is considerably stronger than Pikachu in several attacks from his moveset. He shares some attacks with Pikachu, but they have different properties. Raichu has a higher KOing power, a decent grab and throw game and an excellent edgeguarding. His grab range is longer than Pikachu's and his air game, despite being heavier than him, is better. Most of his aerial attacks allow him to keep him on mid-air if used properly. However, Raichu's combo game is not as good as Pikachu's, and he has worse momentum cancelling abilities and spot dodges.
Raichu, however, is placed 22 in A- rank, considered a top tier and higher in position than Pikachu by 2. Raichu is considered an overall stronger version of Pikachu, with high KOing capabilites, a better air game and edgeguard and an overall good grab and throw combat.
- Playing 200 VS. Matches in Riot Mode.
- Clearing Adventure Mode with Pikachu on Normal or higher difficulty.
- Find its hidden door in Clash of Dimensions after completing it.
If any of these methods are cleared the player has to fight Raichu in a match, in Gateway Colosseum.
- Neutral attack - Quick headbutt. Can be held for multi-headbutts. Unlike Pikachu's, it has a limit where the last headbutt causes smash damage. Doesn't make opponents trip.
- Dash attack - Dashes forwards and attacks with his tail like a mini Iron Tail.
- Forward tilt - Spins and attacks with a tail whip forwards.
- Up tilt - Swings tail in an arc above himself.
- Down tilt - Does a quick, low tail whip. Covers more distance than Pikachu's.
- Forward smash - Charges his fist and performs an electric punch. Based on the Thunder Punch move.
- Up smash - Extends tail vertically upwards. Can cause a small electric explosion if an opponent is hit by the tip of the tail.
- Down smash - Charges his tail with electricity and spins, releasing it.
- Neutral aerial - Spins in a ball. Slower than Pikachu's
- Forward aerial - Spins and attacks with a tail whip forwards.
- Back aerial - Waves his tail backwards and hits multiple times. High landing lag.
- Up aerial - Swings tail while flipping forward. Stronger than Pikachu's with higher KO potential. Not effective for juggling though.
- Down aerial - An electric drill-like move downward.
Grabs and throws
- Forward throw - Shocks opponent in place and then tail whips them.
- Back throw - Tumbles with opponent back and throws them back. Unlike Pikachu's, Raicho automatically returns to his original position after finishing the move.
- Up throw - Puts opponent on back and electrocutes them, sending them flying upwards.
- Down throw - Slams on top of opponent. Can't 0-death combo opponents like Pikachu's.
- Aerial Grab - Multi-shocks opponent as they fall and then tail whips upon landing.
- Neutral special - Discharge: Raichu strikes with a flare of electricity around him. Can charge this move, if fully charged, Raichu can also send orbs of electricity forwards and backwards that deal mild damage. Also, the more Raichu charges this move, the more distance and knockback it covers.
- Custom 1 - Unstoppable Discharge: The button can be held for Raichu to continue releasing electricity around him. Deals less damage and has less range though.
- Custom 2 - Discharge Shot: When charged, Raichu shoots the flare of electricity forwards.
- Side special - Iron Tail: Raichu's tail glows as he dashes forwards and whips opponents with his tail. Causes really high damage but it's a very predictable move because of the time he takes to perform it.
- Custom 1 - Double Iron Tail: Raichu doesn't move forwards, but he hits twice with his tail, dealing the double of damage.
- Custom 2 - Thunder Shock: Launches an electricity projectile that can paralyze opponents.
- Up special - Quick Attack: Moves at a warp speed, direction can be selected with control stick. Unlike Pikachu's, Raichu can only use it once, meaning it doesn't have a second optional direction. However, it has much more range and deals higher damage, but it's less quick and unpredictable.
- Custom 1 - Extreme Quick Attack: Direction can't be selected and Raichu can only warp vertically, but he covers more range and can cause a powerful shock attack upon contact with an opponent.
- Custom 2 - Wild Charge: Raichu shrouds himself in electricity and then smashes into a selected direction. Less range but deals higher damage and knockback.
- Down special - Thunder: Causes a large thunderbolt to come down on himself. Slower and more laggy than Pikachu's, but the impact is stronger and covers more distance.
- Custom 1 - Fast Thunder: Raichu's thunder will not go down but instead appear where he is quickly like a flash, dealing decent damage if opponents are caught by it.
- Custom 2 - Divided Thunder: When landing on Raichu, there's not a blast but instead jolts of electricity will move besde him.
- Riot Move - Thunder Punch: Attacks with a powerful, electric punch that sends opponents flying.
- Final Smash - Charge and Shock Wave: Raichu starts the Final Smash with Charge, accumulating as much energy as he can. While he charges, a force of electricity shocks opponents continuously if they're inside of it. If they're too close to Raichu, they receive continuous damage and are paralyzed. After Raichu is done charging, he strikes the stage with a Shock Wave, sending a powerful wave of electricity that can KO damaged opponents.
- Raichu looks at the camera, crosses his arms and paws and says: "Rai Rai!"
- Raichu crouches and prepares a bolt of electricity saying: "Raaaii!"
- Raichu turns his back towards the camera and waves his tail in a taunting manner, saying: "Rai Raaaiiiii!"
- Comes out of a Poké Ball.
- Lands in an orb of electricity.
An orchestral remix of a segment in the main theme from the Pokémon series plays while he does one of the following animations:
- Spins twice at two directions, then hops and waves at viewer saying: "Raichuu!"
- Raichu jumps around happpily muttering "Rai" every time he does.
- Raichu turns his back towards the screen with arms crossed, looking back at viewer with a smile and saying: "Chuu!"
- Standard - Orange: Default appearance.
- Red: Gives Raichu Red's hat as it appeared in Pokémon Red, Blue and Yellow. Raichu's fur color also changes to resemble his shiny coloration.
- Green: Gives Raichu Lt. Surge's sunglasses and green shirt with camouflage patterns.
- Blue: Includes the Sailor trainer class' hat and clothing.
- White: Wears Clemont's glasses from Pokémon X and Y.
- Purple: Gives Raichu Morty's bandana and scarf as they appear in Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver.
- Yellow: Includes a combination of the headphones Elesa wears in both Pokémon Black and White and Pokémon Black and White 2. His fur color also resembles Pikachu, but his left cheek is blue-colored.
- Black: Based on the gentleman Pikachu from the anime, but with darker colors.