Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Note: this page talks about this character in Super Smash Bros. Devastation.
R.O.B. comes from the true world! R.O.B. was launched in 1985, so it's fought in the sixth level of the All-Star Mode.
How to unlock
- Win 110 VS matches.
- Collect at least 250 different trophies.
- Have it join you in the Story Mode.
With the exception of the third way, you must defeat R.O.B. in Tetris with Stack-Up song in.
R.O.B. is a complicate character to master: it has some good ranged attacks (Robo Bream and Gyro) but it can spam them. However, it has quite strong melee moves fast too like his Arm Rotor. R.O.B.'s smashes are quite weak, except for its up smash. R.O.B. was also nerfed in recoveries: in fact its up B launches him straight up without controlling it.
- Weight: 8/10
- Speed: 5/10
- Jump: 7/10
- Throws: 4/10
Differences between Smash 4
- Jab now has an infinite: R.O.B. shoots repeatedly lasers from its eyes.
- Jab has gained a finisher too: a stronger laser with good knockback for a Jab.
- Up tilt is slower, now being no longer able to combo some of them.
- Side Smash and Down Smash have lower knockback.
- Neutral aerial is slower.
- Forward aerial is faster, inflicts more damage and less knockback, being better for combo.
- Up aerial's initial hit has a vacuum effect.
Grab and throws
- R.O.B. has a better grab range.
- Down throw inflicts damage once per hit instead inflicting the total damage at the end of the move.
- Up throw has more knockback.
- Forward and back throw have less damage and knockback. They are also slower.
- Robo Beam charges up faster.
- Fully charged Robo Beam inflicts less damage and without charge it doesn't inflict any damage.
- Robo Beam's charge time is faster.
- Arm Rotor's uppercut has less knockback.
- Up B is now Robo Rocket. It's faster, covers more range but with less control.
- Gyro's charge time is faster, they inflict more damage, have a better reach and bounce higher.
- Final Smash is Diffusion Beam again.
- Standard: Robo Beam. R.O.B. shoots a laser from its eyes. It can't be used twice quickly because Robo Beam has a charge time. Fully charged Robo Beam inflicts 8% of damage while without charge it inflicts 4% of damage. Customization: Wide-Angle Beam/Infinite Robo Beam.
- Side: Arm Rotor. R.O.B. spins, reflecting projectiles and sucking opponents. It has an uppercut at the end of the move. The spins inflict 9% of damage and the uppercut 4%. Customization: Reflector Arm/Backward Arm Rotor.
- Up: Robo Rocket. R.O.B. raises its arms up and flies up. Customization: High-Speed Rocket/Robo Burner.
- Down: Gyro. R.O.B. charges a gyroscope for some moments, then it shoots it. A fully charged Gyro inflicts 11% of damage while shot and 18% when thrown. Customization: Fire Gyro/Slip Gyro,
- Final Smash: Diffusion Beam. R.O.B. starts shooting a laser from its eyes for 25 seconds. R.O.B. can move freely and use each attack with the exception of Robo Beam. Diffusion Beam has two different lasers: a weak laser without knockback and a rare strong one with great knockback.
- Air dodge: Brawl
- Wavedash: no.
- Traction: high.
- Taunt: its arms go down, then them come up spinning.
- Entrance: flies down.
- Weight value: 106.
- Robo Rocket is the only move in the game that initially was a custom move.
- Famicom (Default in Japan)
- NES (default worldwide)
- Blue (Blue Team)
- Green (Green Team)
- Red (Red Team)