The region is a medieval European like region but takes inspiration from other countries. There will be challenges similar to the Island Trials but will be branched by different trials before you can complete it and battle the "boss pokemon". The evil team is called "The Omniscient" and there is a strange phenomenon of "dark glowing Pokémon" happening.
Nintendo eShop Description
Journey across Skaphos to aim to be the next strongest trainer of the region while battling a rising evil known as The Omniscient!
- Over 90 new Pokémon to collect!
- New Mega Evolutions and Z-Moves to be discovered!
- Explore the dungeons of Skaphos with friends!
- Build your underground base and share it with other trainers!
- Uncover the mystery behind the "corrupted Pokémon"!
Adventure through the medieval like Skaphos region completing the Trials of Skaphos to become the next champion. You will meet friends, Elias and Mona - your rivals. On your journey to become the strongest trainer you will discover a cult called The Omniscient who is plotting to take over the world with their leader Magnus. You and your friends will face off against this evil by battling their admins and a mysterious cloaked character who may be Mona, your rival! What is this epidemic of violent Pokémon with a scary aura? The story is separated by Chapters. CLICK HERE FOR THE "PLANNED STORY"
Chapter 1: The Adventure Begins
Beginning to Trial 2
Chapter 2: The Cult from the Shadows
Trial 2-Trial 4
Chapter 3: The Trials of Skaphos
Chapter 4: The Omniscient Rises
Trial 6-9 + villain arc part 1
Chapter 5: Endgame
Trial 10 & the villain arc part 2
Chapter 6: The Road to Victory
Trial 11 and the Pokemon League
Postgame Chapter 1: Invaders From Another Dimension
Looker contacts the player asking him/her to come to a secluded island to meet a mysterious girl named Camelia who has the mythical Pokémon Hoopa. Camelia is a "Dimensional Knight" who fights otherworldly threats. New types of Ultra Beasts have been appearing around the island, but nobody knows why specifically this island.
A gigantic legendary, Magnavora wants to cause destruction. Awaken the Regis to defend this threat and unlock "Awakened Regigigas"
Postgame Chapter 3: Vengeance
The Omniscient returns under a new leader, one of the admins. Shut down the cult for a good and discover another legendary, Auragon. Zinnia makes an appearance.
Similar to Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Sky there are side-stories unlocked after making progress in the game. These stories allow you to play as NPCs and you are not using your player character. You cannot catch Pokémon, use the PC, or gain experience while controlling NPCs.
The controls are exactly the same as it would play on Sun/Moon but without the bottom screen. The region is the most open world to date. Your pokedex is a tablet that was given to the Professor from a company in Sinnoh. The pokedex has a Siri rip-off and can be used to access the online features.
This feature puts you (or you and a friend) into a randomized dungeon and your goal is to make it to the exit which can only be unlocked by defeating a boss Pokémon (which is similar to a Totem Pokémon). You can only bring three Pokémon and their levels will be set to 50. There are Pokémon that may be lower or higher leveled Pokémon encountered and you cannot gain experience from them. You cannot use your own items but you can find items that will disappear when you leave the dungeon.
To navigate you must go through doors, some doors need to opened by completing challenging puzzles or defeating a certain number of Pokémon. Items are scattered through the rooms, some include Energizers which are like O-Powers and give certain effects to your Pokémon.
Think of like those social simulation games (Farmville) as this is basically that but with ships. You wait and send out ships to get special items and explore small islands in an island like archipelago in the east.
Eventually you will visit that archipelago in the postgame.
Pokémon Contest replacement, inspired by the Pokéathlon from HeartGold & SoulSilver.
A new type of "battle" arena, similar to the Battle Maison, the player can partake in Single, Double, Triple, and Rotation battles. In the after-game you will unlock "The Festival of Champions" which is a spiritual successor to the Pokémon World Tournament.
Festival Plaza is gone
because it sucks ass and that's why most of the Global Events in SuMo have failed and so is PokePelago. They have been replaced by a spiritual successor that combines the aspects and makes it much better and there are no version exclusives.
You have your own Utopia, you are the ruler so you tell your subjects what to do. Just like PokePelago, you can leave your Pokemon from your PC to rest there so they can gather berries or other rare items. Inspired by My Castle from Fire Emblem Fates. People on your friends list can also visit and you can let them reside in your Utopia so they can battle other visiting trainers (just like the Super Secret Bases from ORAS).
A really small feature, you grow berries and items that are used for the Mixtures.
It's back, almost identical to the one in Gen 4 but expands on it.
The (third?) captain who uses Poison Types will introduce you to mixtures. Drinks/potions that give special boosts to your Pokémon in battle but can also be used to increase EVs. You will mix ingredients and berries and use new items grown from the Pokemon Farm. It's basically the replacement for Pokeblocks/Poffins.
The Pokémon Cup
The replacement to the Battle Spot, it is pretty much the same thing.
Every month there is a unique tournament hosted, the rules may change up a bit. You are paired with players with similar skill level and you gain rank points if you win or lose points if you are defeated. At the end of the tournament the top 100 trainers will be shown.
Some unique challenges include...
- Draft Cup: You must choose one Pokémon out of multiple sets of two rental Pokémon. Choose one that you think will work for you. The other Pokémon you don't choose goes to the opponent! Think carefully, that Pokémon you didn't choose could end up sweeping your team.
- Inverse Cup: The rules are now changed to an Inverse battle.
- Randomized Cup: You are given random rental Pokémon.
- Skaphos Cup: A battle using only Pokémon caught in Skaphos.
- Legendary Cup: A battle using only Legendary Pokémon.
- Synchronization Cup: A battle requiring you to use Mega Evolution and Z-Moves.
|Klaus/Alice||The player character of the game, they've lived in the village for years, now they are old enough to set off and get their first Pokémon.|
|Elias||A friend of yours since you were a child, your male rival that uses the super-effective starter.|
|Mona||A friendly girl, she is your female rival but she is not who she seems. Uses the starter weak against yours.|
|Professor Cypress||A scholar who studies the history of the Pokémon world. If you complete the entire dex you can battle him with the highest level team in the game.|
|Apollo||A very strong trainer who is the champion of Skaphos, he will appear often during the story.|
|Magnus||A sinister looking man, brother of Apollo (or maybe his friend) and the leader of The Omniscient (the evil team), he may not be truly evil though.|
|Maggie||A school teacher at Merca Town and a Normal Type specialist.|
|Simon||An archeologist who is a Rock Type specialist|
|Morgan||A girl who looks like she is on drugs, she introduces you to the "Mixtures" feature of the game and is a Poison Type Specialist.|
|Buzz||An old man who catches Bug Pokémon, he is a Bug Type Specialist.|
|Shawn||A teenager who claims he can communicate with Ghost Pokémon, he is a Ghost Type Specialist|
|Elysia||Fairy Type Specialist|
|Gill||A laid back fisherman who is the Water Type Specialist|
|Ignis||A tribal man who is the Fire Type Specialist|
|Orion||A viking like person who is the Ice Type Specialist|
|Cleo||An egyptian like lady, she is the Ground Type Specialist|
|Athena||A female knight, she is the last Trial Captain and the Steel Type Specialist. She has a double battle against you.|
|???||An old man who is the Dark Type member of the Elite 4.|
|???||A fortune teller who is the Psychic Type member of the Elite 4|
|???||Another viking (sister of Orion) who is the Dragon Type member of the Elite 4|
|Faust||Teaches you Z-Moves and Mega Evolutions early in the game, he is the Fighting Type member of the Elite 4|
|Ivy||A gardener at Silvarbor Town. Not a trial captain but she uses Grass Type Pokémon.|
|Phos||A person who works at the observatory, not a trial captain but he uses Electric Type Pokémon|
|Antonio||A poet who relaxes at Pidgeot Peak, not a trial captain but he uses Flying Type Pokémon.|
(these are not in order)
- Initius Village: Where you start off
- Merca Town: Small town with a few traders, there is a school with the first trial captain
- Port Nava: A town where ships take off, you start the ship minigame here.
- Piscatoris Town: A town with a few people, lots of Pokémon to fish here.
- Castra Town: A town with log cabins in Mordar. People are afraid of "werewolf and vampire pokemon" coming to attack them. There is some girl who tells the story of "The Three Little Tepigs & The Big Bad (Werewolf Pokemon)"
- Shantay Town: Arab/egyptian like town, there is a jewelery shop there that sells evolution stones.
- Arcane Village: A very secluded village with lots of trees
- Ariolus Town : A city full of Psychics.
- Silvarbor Town: A town that is basically a giant treehouse with lots of mini houses (it's like Fortree City from Gen 3)
- Spartan City: A cool gladiator like city! The Pokemon Games and Battle Colosseum are located here.
- Kilaronga City: A jungle like city, originally inhabited by tribal people but now fisherman and other tourists are welcome.
- Congregate Town: A city full of trees and fishing spots. There are lots of spots to plant berries here. Farmers, fisherman, and lumberjacks come here.
- Asgardia City: A city that does not welcome people who aren't native to the city, it is full of viking like people and some hikers.
- Menephis City: Another arab/egyptian location but bigger, it is like Dubai or something. The Ground Type captain lives here.
- ???: A town with hot springs and mud baths.
- Eastern Island 1
- Dracobreath Isle
- Eastern Island 2
- Athasus: The biggest "city" in the game, has the clothing and salon shop. Lots of stores too.
- Kingdom 2: Full of knights and it is full of white people, a castle is located there. The Steel Type (final trial captain) Captain is there.
- Mordar: A dark kingdom that used to be different, now most of the land is swamps and dead trees and is full of scary Pokémon. It is east of Athasus and the only way to access it is either going north of Shantay Town or through a bridge in Athasus. The Poison Type captain is there.
- Kingdom 4
- The Digsite: Northeast of Athasus is an archeology site where the second trial captain (Rock specialist) is. He gives you the regional Fossil.
- Polypore Cavern: A cavern with mushrooms and Poison Type Pokémon, nothing much to do here. It is near Shantay Town.
- Skaphos Badlands: Apparently it used to be another kingdom but wars broke out and eventually most of the kingdom was destroyed. Now the only thing that inhabits it are ghosts and recently, "vicious Pokemon". To defend the kingdom of the deadly pokemon, a large ditch and wall structure was built. A guard makes a joke that references Donald Trumps comment about building a wall but doesn't mention his name
- "Underground Pass": West of Kingdom 4 is a underground path that leads you to Arcane Village, a very secluded area.
- Illusion Forest: A forest in Arcane Village that is really the Fairy trial, it is a maze.
- Kilaronga Jungle: A large annoying jungle to navigate
- Kilaronga Ruins: Ancient jungle ruins where the "Orb of Fire" is located.
- Kilaronga Volcano: A volcano, but there is a cave near it which is really the Fire Trial.
- Pidgeot Peak: A mountainous range that has a lot of windy weather.
- Mt. Frostentooth: Another mountain that is snowy, Ice Pokemon and mainly the Hati/ice wolf pokemon are located here. You get to it from Spartan City in order to cross into Congregate City
- Askeladden Mountain: A bigger snowy mountain, legends say that Kyurem sleeps in a cave on the peak of the mountain.
- Mount Olydeus: A big rocky mountain range which is considered "Victory Road" that is north of Spartan City. This is your path to the Pokemon League.
- Osiris Pyramid: A large ancient pyramid which is technically the Ground Trial location. A legendary snake pokemon lives in it.
- The Ancient Temple: A very large temple that has a portal leading to different worlds.
- The Heart of Skaphos: An underground cave where the mascot legendary rests, the place is covered with trees and roots and Pokemon who enter it feel a powerful divine energy.
- Void Island: An island shaped like a portal, it is kind of like Bermuda Triangle I guess? The Dimensional Knights stay there and the UBs have apparently taken refuge there, but why?
- Shrine of Balance: A sacred shrine in the eastern part of Skaphos, the legendary Auragon sleeps there.
- Omniscient Stronghold: A barricaded fortress near Askeladden Mountain, guarded by many vicious Pokémon. This is the big villain hideout.
- Another Cave: A hazardous rocky cave with rock and electric pokemon that you must go through in order to get to Asgardia City.
- The Monastery: A monastery taken over by the Omniscient.
- The Observatory: Just a regular observatory
- Cypress' Lab: It really isn't big but there is a library full of Skaphosian history and some machines. It is located in the Athasus Kingdom.
NOTE: The names are placeholders, they will be changed and some that already have names may/may not. The dex numbering is NOT COMPLETE, there is more Pokémon to be added. 2nd Note: Bold abilities indicate that the ability is a Hidden Ability.
For the possible final list of the new pokemon CLICK HERE
|803-805||Grass Horse||3 stage||Overgrow |
|Horse that evolves into a Grass/Steel Pokémon that gains armor making it resemble a Trojan Horse. When under battle bond, the pokemon will gain a small stat buff to its defenses and speed.|
|806-808||Fire Type Minotaur||Blaze |
|In its first form it represents a bull/ox until it becomes a minotaur that is Fire/Ground typing. When Battle Bond is activated this Pokémon will become faster.|
|Dolphin Pokémon, may gain Psychic typing in its final evolution. When Battle Bond is activated this Pokémon will gain a buff to its Special Attack and Speed.|
|812-814||"Chikalry|| ||3 stage||Big Pecks |
|The regional bird, final stage is Flying/Steel|
|813||Aviacota|| ||3 stage||Big Pecks |
|Evo of the regional bird, next evo is Steel/Flying|
|814||"Knightingale|| ||3 stage||Gale Wings |
|The final stage of the regional bird.|
|815||Yakiddy||2 stage||Thick Fat |
|Like Rattata, Watchog, Bunnelby. This is the regional Normal type.|
|816||Yakpak||2 stage||Thick Fat |
|Like Rattata, Watchog, Bunnelby. This is the regional Normal type.|
|817-819||Critink||Shield Dust||This regions bug Pokémon, becomes Bug/Fairy|
|820-823||Giaent||3 stage||Harvest |
|Based off an Ent, slow but bulky attacker. May gain Ground typing.|
|Sharp Blade |
|Based of a Swordfish, the ability Sharp Blade increases damage to Blade/Slash moves.|
|Sharp Blade |
|Based of a Swordfish, the ability Sharp Blade increases damage to Blade/Slash moves.|
|826||Impyre|| ||Impyre |
|Based off an Imp, eventually evolves into a demon like pokemon and retains its Fire/Fairy typing.|
|827||Lethemon|| ||Impyre |
|828||Diablazon|| ||Impyre |
|829-830||Electric Type||2 stage||Volt Absorb ||TBA|
|831-832||Manbearpig|| ||2 stage||Stamina |
|Fusion like pokemon with a bear/wolf appearance but has horns. The ability "Vicious" may activate when a contact move is used on an opponent, they will take small amounts of damage each turn and their defense is slightly lowered.|
|833||Torwyce|| ||No evolution||Technician||Gemini Pokemon, its unique move is like Double Hit but the first hit does Fire Type damage, the second does Ice Type damage.|
|834||Pikachu Clone||No evolution||???||Another pikachu clone.|
|835-836||Scabhite|| ||2 stage||Chitin||Scarab/dung beetle like Pokémon. It's ablity halves damage when at full health but when not at full health it becomes like Filter/Solid Rock.|
|837-838||Widoom|| ||2 stage||Merciless |
|Black widow/tarantula like Pokémon. Widooms ability boosts the power of priority moves.|
|839||Gila Monster|| ||No evolution||Dry Skin |
|840||Strassa|| ||Strassa |
|Shell Armor |
|Stegosaurus Pokemon, the ability Herbivore increases damage on Grass Types.|
|841||Plunchego|| ||Strassa |
|Shell Armor |
|Evo of Strassa|
|842||Raptovolt|| ||Raptovolt |
|Volt Absorb |
|Based on the Raptor dinosaur.|
|843||Jolrastic|| ||Raptovolt |
|Volt Absorb |
|Based on the Raptor dinosaur.|
|844||Barbolar|| ||Barbolar |
|Barbarian like Pokemon|
|845||Herchilles|| ||Barbolar |
|Barbarian like Pokemon|
|846||Werewolf||No evolution||Fur Coat||Although we have Lycanroc, this one looks more like an actual werewolf.|
|847||Vampire||No evolution||Vampyrism||Vampire Pokemon, signature abiity Vampyrism allows it to restore a small amount of HP when using contact moves.|
|848||Gargoyle|| ||No evolution||Weak Armor |
|Banshee like Pokemon, the Phantamize ability turns Normal Type moves into Ghost type moves. Also learns Boomburst.|
|Evo of Schrieech.|
|851-853||Triflecta|| ||3 stage||Magic Bounce |
|854||Peawee|| ||2 stage||Big Pecks |
|855||Peafowl|| ||2 stage||Marvel Scale |
|Peacock Pokemon and Mandibuzz 2.0|
|???||Crystal||No evolution||Rattled (Aggressive Forme)|
Steadfast (Legion Forme)
Triage (Support Forme)
Battle Armor (Tank Forme)
|These Pokémon used to be humans until a strange power turned them into mindless crystalline creatures. This Pokémon has 4 different formes with unique abilities and moves.|
|857-858||Tombstone|| ||2 stage||Force Alive||Tombstone Pokémon possessed by a ghost like looks familiar. Its unique ability is Shields Down 2.0.|
|???||Sunaku|| ||No evolution||Magic Guard |
|Vermilion Bird Pokemon.|
|859||Torciela|| ||No evolution||Solid Rock |
|Black Tortoise Pokemon.|
|860||Lyakko|| ||No evolution||Filter |
|White Tiger Pokemon.|
|861-862||Crynovorn|| ||2 stage||Slush Rush |
|Wyvern Pokemon, first evo is Ice/Flying|
|863-864||Bahamut|| ||2 stage||Raw Power |
|Bahamut Pokemon, first stage is pure Dragon. The ability Raw Power increases power to moves with no secondary effect.|
|865-867||Fenrir|| ||3 stage||Fur Coat |
|Based off Hati, Skoll, and Fenrir. The final stage has high BST but evolves at a very high level (59) and the last stage evo gains the Dark typing.|
|868||Mightior|| ||Minior |
|Shields Down||Evolution of Minior.|
|Comatose||Evolution of Komala|
|870||Zangrath|| ||Zangoose |
|Toxic Boost |
|Evolution of Zangoose, gains Fighting type.|
|871||Sevenom|| ||Seviper |
|Sheer Force |
|Evolution of Seviper, gains Dark Type.|
|???||Jynx Evo|| ||Smoochum |
|Jynx finally gets an evo.|
|???||Tauros Evo||Tauros |
|Mold Breaker |
|Tauros' attack is boosted.|
|Quick Draw||Octillery evolves? Yes, with the ability "Quick Draw" bomb/ball moves have +1 priority.|
|???||Thornfish|| ||Qwilfish |
|Qwilfish got an evolution too, it now is bigger with a stat boost in its defenses and attack. It learns Baneful Bunker too.|
|872-874||Drasylon|| ||3 stage||Serene Grace |
|The psuedo-legendary, it is a fairy dragon.|
|875||UB-06: Clamp|| ||No evolution||Beast Boost |
|A strange figure who has a black hole like body, it seems to move through the water and "eats" the poor Water Pokémon.|
|876||UB-07: Vacuum|| ||No evolution||Beast Boost |
|The beasts mouth sucks the nutrients out the land and sucks in water, with no action this Pokémon could ruin the entire planet with no natural resources for humans.|
|???||UB-08: Nuclear|| ||No evolution||Beast Boost |
|A strange mosquito looking Pokémon with spider legs, it spits out dangerous acid that can melt the sturdiest of steel. It is said to have murdered thousands of trainers and Pokémon by burning their flesh until their bones are only left.|
|???||UB-09: Sphere|| ||No evolution||Beast Boost |
|A spherical Pokémon that resembles a Dyson Sphere, it has sharp scales covered on it that can be shot at opponents and they will explode. The beast has one eye that fires beams of energy.|
|???||UB-10: Infestation|| ||No evolution||Beast Boost |
|Flying termites, swarms of them. This Ultra Beast is a swarm of mysterious insectoid creatures that swarm areas and feed off wood and other materials. A source says that a whole city had no more houses due to these hungry creatures.|
|???||UB-11: Disguise||???||No evolution||Beast Boost |
|It looks like a cute Pokémon until it reveals its terrifying true form.|
|???||UB-00: Mother|| ||No evolution||Beast Boost||Said to be the mother of the Ultra Beasts, this gigantic abomination appears be a hybrid of the other Ultra Beasts, it lays eggs which contain the dangerous beasts and summons Ultra Wormholes with its power. If it were to be killed, another would be born in just a few years.|
|877||Agielem|| ||None||Berserk||A large rock golem like Pokemon, part of the Elemental Quartet.|
|None||Stamina||Based off the Stymphian bird. Part of the Elemental Quartet|
|879||Molavaar|| ||None||Solid Rock||Part of the Element Quartet, this volcanic beasts body is covered with obsidian.|
|880||Yakamura|| ||None||Water Compaction||Part of the Elemental Quartet, it is a water serpent.|
|881||Telos|| ||None||Warden||Said to live deep within the region, it guarded and protected Skaphos in ancient times. It's ability Warden allows it to nullify its opponents ability. It is the main legendary.|
|882||Typhodius|| ||None||Fearsome||The frightening villainous Pokémon that is somehow connected to Telos. Think of it like the legendary duo in every game. Does it have to do with the "dark Pokémon" and The Omniscient?|
|883||Magnavora|| ||None||Devour||She is the largest Pokémon yet, she will eat anything, even other Pokémon. The ability Devour allows the user to steal stat changes, even when switched in.|
|885||Ouroboros|| ||None||???||A snake Pokemon that is based off the Ouroboros.|
|886||Soul Eater|| ||None||Cursed Body||This behemoth like Pokémon feasts off the souls of Pokemon.|
|887||Nexaedus||+ , , , or||None||Pressure (Regular Form)|
Poison Touch (Fume Form)
Cursed Body (Umbral Form)
Vampyrism (Blood Form)
Snow Cloak (Ice Form)
|A mysterious Pokémon and the unofficial member of the Elemental Quartet. Weaved off the different essences of Pokémon, this abomination can gain a second typing through a special key item.|
|888||Auragon||None||Protean||A golden dragon that is the "third member" of the Balance Trio (Telos, Typhodius, Auragon).|
|889||Pegasus|| ||None||Speed Boost||A pegasus Pokemon, its unique move is an Electric Type version of Hyperspace Hole.|
|890||Cerberus|| ||None||Rock Head||A cerberus Pokémon who learns a lot of recoil moves. Its unique move traps the opponent and prevents switching.|
|891||Orozami|| ||None||???||A orochi Pokémon feared by sailors as it has destroyed many ships and ate the passengers. An insane man mentions its name repetitively in shock.|
New Mega Evolutions
|171||Mega Lanturn||Lanturnite|| ||Drizzle|
|357||Mega Tropius||Tropiusite|| ||Solar Power|
PokéRide replacement, now featuring a few more HM replacements.
|Tauros Ride||Ride Tauros to charge at a fast speed and break rocks.|
|Scyther Slash||Call Scyther for help to cut down trees in your path!|
|Pidgeot Ride||Fly across the region using Pidgeot!|
|Lapras Paddle||Ride Lapras across the vast seas of Skaphos.|
|Sharpedo Jet||Calling Sharpedo allows you to move even faster across the sea and can break rocks in your path.|
|Machamp Shove||Call Machamp to use its strength can move heavy rocks in your path.|
|Luxray Light||Call Luxray to shine a light that will help you navigate through dark caves.|
|Stoutland Search||Stoutland can sniff out and find hidden items.|
|Lanturn Dive||Lanturn can help you dive into the sea to explore underwater caverns.|
|Rhyhorn Ride||Use Rhyhorn to cross rocky terrain and also rock climb up mountains.|
|Warden||Nulifies the ability of your opponent, but only if the user is in battle. Does not affect unique abilities like Stance Change, Multitype, and Comatose.|
|Fearsome||The users terrifying power will cause the opponents Pokémon to switch out when at half health. Only works if the opponent takes direct damage, Hail/Sandstorm and poison/burn will not switch the opponents Pokémon out.|
|Sharp Blade||Increases the damage of slashing moves by 20%.|
|Devour||Removes stat increases by opponents and transfers it to the user. Does not work against Pokémon with the Defiant ability.|
|Raw Power||Slightly increases the damage of moves with no effect.|
|Quick Striker||Priority moves have increased damage.|
|Phantamize||Normal Type moves turn into Ghost Type moves, their power is increased slightly.|
|Chitin||Lowers damage taken slightly.|
|Herbivore||If the opponent is a Grass Type, their damage taken will increase.|
|Vampyrism||A small amount of health is restored if using a move that makes contact.|
|Storage||If the users item is lost/used they can receive another one by switching out. Does not work if you are holding a Z-Crystal.|
|Vicious||Contact moves may inflict a damage over time affect.|
|Force Alive||When the "Tombstone" is at half health, it will come out of its tomb and reveal its true form. Its attack, special attack, and speed will be boosted.|
Z-Moves return from SuMo, this time there are unique Z-Crystals which can be used on any Pokémon as long as they have the move required. For example, nearly all Pokémon can learn Protect so they utilize the new Z-Move "Barricade" as long as it his holding the Protectium Z. The new Z-Moves are also very stronger and a bit overpowered. It is intended that way due to the one time use of the move, so Z-Moves can be used more often in battles.
There are special downloadable events that are time based. Some are just downloadable Pokémon but there are holiday quests that earn you a festive Pokémon with the move Celebrate and some other benefits including increased chance of finding specific Type Shiny Pokémon or boosted experience.