|Pokémon Stories: The Shattered Horizon|
Pokémon Stories: The Shattered Horizon is a book published by Nintendo. It takes place in a land similar to the Pokémon World, but with some differences.
Pokémon Stories: The Shattered Horizon takes place in a world similar to the Pokémon World, but has a few differences from it. The main difference being that Poké Balls have not been created, so each trainer has one partner Pokémon that they travel with. There is also only a very amount of trainers that travel between towns. Pokémon evolution is also quite different, as pokémon generally can only only achieve their evolved form in battle, and after battles they revert to their basic form. However other than those differences, it is much like the Pokémon World.
The book follows the adventures of Sam and his friends. Notably Sarah, Sam's old friend, Zoren, Sam's best friend, and Lucy, Zoren's old friend and current pen pal. Throughout their adventures they encounter an evil team called Team Pulsar.
|Sam||A traveler who is from Twinleaf Town. His partner pokémon is Cyndaquil.|
|Sarah||Sam's old friend who used to live in Twinleaf Town, but later moved to Jubilife City. Her partner pokémon is Mudkip.|
|Zoren||Sam's best friend who is from Twinleaf Town. His partner pokémon is Charmander.|
|Lucy||Zoren's old friend who used to live in Twinleaf Town, but later moved to Sandgem Town. She and Zoren have remained friends and stayed in contact as pen pals. Her partner pokémon is Piplup.|
|Cloaked Man||An odd man wearing a black cloak and mask. He is first seen attacking Jubilife City. His true identity is unknown.|
|Alice||A young pokémon researcher. She is quite nervous around others, but is very observant.|
|Silver||A mysterious person.|
|Yancy||An actress who went to school with Sam and Zoren. Her partner pokémon is Tynamo.|
|Sylvia||A mysterious person, who is a member of Team Pulsar.|
|Stephen||The head librarian of the Canalave Library. He is also Alice's brother. His partner pokémon is Ralts.|
- Kyle - A young kid from Twinleaf Town. He likes to ambush people outside of town and challenge them to pokémon battles.
- Phil - A person from Jubilife City. He ran to Sandgem Town to get help to stop the attack on Jubilife City. His name slightly based on the Pheidippides of Greek myth.
- Cy - A scientist who works at the JCR&D facility. She is Sarah's boss. Her name is based off of "sci" as a part the word "science".
- Grunts - Various Team Pulsar grunts appear, however they are not mentioned specifically, simply just given a number so the reader can understand which grunt (in a group of grunts) is talking.
- Person - A friend of Stephen who sometimes reenacts TV and movie scenes with him. His name is based off of the word "Person".