Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Pokémon Fate & Destiny|
|Developer(s)||Game Freak, Icy Cold Gaming Industries|
|Max. amount of players||1|
The graphics of the game are the same as the previous entries, being in a 3D cell-shaded art style. The models will be the same for both the overworld and the battles. You still run around, catch Pokemon, and can evolve the Pokemon you have in many intriguing ways. Breeding also returns as well. Pokemon Refresh and Poke Pelago return, along with the GTS from the 6th generation. However, there are changes in the gameplay, making Gen 8 "the ultimate Pokemon generation."
- Origin Forms have been introduced.
- Two new types have been introduced: Sound type and Cosmic type. Much like Fairy type, it'll be added to previous Pokemon like Exploud, Clefairy, Beeheeyem, and Noivern.
- The Exp. Share has been updated. By default, the Exp Share is set to give EXP to all Pokemon. However, you can change it at any time for any of your 6 Pokemon in your party.
- Added an egg pouch that can hold up to six eggs. These new Pokemon can't be used unless brought into the team after hatching.
- Pokemon can follow you again, but not all Pokemon can due to the size of the Pokemon roster.
- Eeveelutions are easier to access.
- Weather from Gen 5 returns.
- Amiibo are used.
- You have a portable PC you access via the menu.
- Brought back the Friend Safari. The areas can hold up to nine Pokemon now instead of three.
- The letter limit has become 16 for both names of Pokemon, trainer names, and messages.
- Ally Pokemon have returned.
- Whismur, Loudred, Exploud, Noibat, Noivern, Chatot, Meloetta, Audino, Woobat, Swoobat, and other pre-existing Pokemon have been given the Sound typing.
- Jirachi, the Cleffa line, Lunatone, Solrock, Minior, Lunala, the Teddiursa line, the Elgyem line, and other pre-existing Pokemon have been given the Cosmic typing.
- Origin Forms have been introduced.
- The Heal Ball has a higher catch rate if the Pokemon has full HP.
- The Love Ball's catch rate increases when the other Pokemon's gender is the opposite of the others.
- The Premier Ball has a higher catch rate when the Pokemon is legendary.
- The Moon Ball has a higher catch rate for Fairy and Dark types.
Can now learn Draining Kiss.
Can now learn Teleport.
Cosmic type was introduced in this generation. Along with Deoxys, Elgyem, Clefairy, and Jirachi, this typing was given to new Pokemon, old Pokemon, and Past Forms.
Cosmic is super effective against Normal, Fighting, and Steel.
Cosmic is weak to Ghost, Psychic, and Poison.
Sound type was introduced in this generation. Along with Noivern, Exploud, and Meloetta, this typing was given to new Pokemon, old Pokemon, and Past Forms.
Sound is super effective against Normal, Cyber, Electric, and Flying.
Sound is weak to Steel, Rock, Water, and Ground.
The evil team for this game is known as Team Clockwork. They plan to go back in time with the boxart legendaries and destroy the Nishirika region so they can rebuild it as their own utopia. They have special watches and mirrors that let them travel through time. It's your goal to save the past and stop them from destroying the space-time continuum.
Hawthorne, Team Clockwork Leader
Jessamine, Team Clockwork Admin
Aloes, Team Clockwork Admin
Yew, Team Clockwork Scientist
As stated before, there will be 132 new Pokemon in these new versions. 100 Pokemon will be original, while the other 32 Pokemon will be Past Forms.
- Intoxicate: All Normal type moves become Poison type moves.
- Persistant: A Pokemon that has been burned or poisoned CANNOT be killed by said status effects, only weakened.
- Imitator: Your Pokemon can imitate the other's stat changes upon entering battle.
- Lockjaw: If you use a biting move against an enemy, it'll trap them for 2 to 3 turns.
- Antagonize: Lowers the opponent's special attack harshly.
- Warm Up: Raises the power of Fire type moves by 10%.
- Overdrain: Doubles the power of draining moves if the user's HP is lower than the opponents.
- Psychic Shield: Bug, Ghost, and Dark type moves have a 20% chance of missing the opponent.
- Foggy Shroud: Fog appears at the beginning of battle. The effects of Haze and Mist also come into play.
- Cosmic Void: Stops all forms of terrain and weather from being used.
- Astral Projection: Creates a decoy for the user made of stardust. Can take one hit before being destroyed.
- Shooting Star: Very much like Hail. Shooting stars fall down from the sky and damage the opponents.
- Moon Flora: Gives the Pokemon with that ability a boost in all stats by one stage.
- Stone Shield: Gives a shield to the Pokemon. Breaks in the three turns unless a move that has the type advantage over the Pokemon, turning it into one.
- False Target: Gives the opposing Pokemon a 60% chance of missing hitting you physically. Status moves like Spore still work just fine, however.
- Nature Boomerang: Whenever Rangatree attacks physically, his attacks have a decent chance of hitting twice.
- Black Fog: Black Fog lowers the accuracy of all opposing Pokemon. This status affect will disappear if a Flying-type move is used, getting rid of the fog.
- Ocean Formation: Schnastrum forms a large shield made of water, increasing it's defenses. This makes it quite the sturdy wall, unless attacked by a Grass type Pokemon.
- Disgusting Scent: When Odorangutang is put on the battlefield, the opposing Pokemon automatically becomes confused. When Odorangutang is put back in the fray, it starts back up again.
Origin Forms are certain forms given to old and new Pokemon alike. They're "a locked away form of Pokemon". Each new form is supposed to be more powerful than the forms you've seen before. They're mostly given to Fossil Pokemon, with a few exceptions like Pikachu, the Larvitar line, and Relicanth.
- The new region's name, Nishirika, is based on the Japanese words for "western" and "America".
- The legendaries will be based on spiders, creatures known for being associated with both fate and destiny, along with weaving. More inspiration will be taken from the Moirai, the Greek controllers of fate.
- A day after that comformation, the names of the 3 legendaries were leaked. The names are Clospineth, Lachnartist, and Aturnpos.
- The Fire and Water starters were different animals before being scrapped. The Water type was a jellyfish and a swan while the Fire type was an armadillo.
- The evil team is based off a rumor from the early days of Gen 6.
- A list of Pokemon names were leaked at one point. These were:
- Sawkmonkee and Stockong.
- Ganokunshu, who is rumored to be a legendary.
- Coldier and Generice.
- Regifallen, who is rumored to be linked to the Regis.
- Barriareef, who is said to be a Corsola evolution.
- Dugdrinity, who is said to be a Dugtrio evolution.
- Solorlet, who is said to be a Sunflora evolution.
- Terrorvolt, who is said to be an Electrode evolution.
- Maractulous, who is said to be a Maractus evolution.