| Pokémon Daybreak|
The Pokémon Company
| October 31st, 2018.|
October 31st, 2018.
October 31st, 2018.
November 1st, 2018.
|Genre(s)|| Adventure |
|Predecessor||Pokémon Ultra Sun and Pokémon Ultra Moon|
|Successor||Pokémon White Diamond and Pokémon Black Pearl|
|Media Included||New Nintendo 3DS Game Card|
The games are set in the beautifully tropical region of Fyeno. It is loosely influenced by the continent of Oceania, especially in climate. The region is very diverse in the way it is designed, with many different environmental factors being compressed into one region. The game will be distributed in ten languages, English, German, French, Italian, Portuguese, Japanese, Korean, Chinese, Arabic and Russian.
To be finalised.
The majority of the game play in Pokémon Daybreak and Pokémon Twilight remains the same from the previous generation, the seventh generation. However, there are some changes to the formula to make it more engaging for the player.
The game has received a slightly modified engine from the seventh generation engine. The game now loads frames faster, and is overall more fast and fluid when playing. A wider range of environments are also in the game due to the diversity of the region. Another significant change is allowing the player to change the environment while playing Wi-Fi battles.
Soaring in the Sky
Soaring in the Sky returns from Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, but with a larger variety of Pokemon possessing the ability. Any Pokemon of the Flying type can learn to Soar, or any Pokemon that can learn the move Fly.
However, you have to receive a special item called the PokéWhistle before being able to Soar.
Jumping and Crouching
One of the main aims of Daybreak and Twilight was to make the game seem more realistic to the player in terms of visuals adnd gameplay, so Jumping and Crouching were added as new mechanics. Using the ZR/ZL buttons, the player can jump and crouch, which will be crucial to exploring new areas and finding items.
Mega Evolutions also return in the same format as previous generations, however, it is a lot harder to obtain new mega stones in Daybreak and Twilight, as in this region they are considered as very rare artifacts, which many believe shouldn't be used and be preserved instead. Also, only one incarnation of every mega stone exists, making them a lot harder for the player to get their hands on.
There will also be some situations where based on your decisions, you will receive different mega stones. They can also be traded with other players now, so that players can potentially get every one.
Transportation in the game has been completely revisited. The player will have the running shoes from the beginning of the game, and acquires the bike pretty quickly. In addition to these, there are more modes of transportation such as Skateboards, Surfboards and Cars.
At a later point in the game, portals are developed and can be accessed through Pokemon Centers.
In Daybreak and Twilight, there are a large collection of new moves added to the game. The basis behind including most of these new moves is to balance the game out, adding more powerful moves for different types of Pokemon that need them to give them better use. Another reason is to expand the moves available for Pokemon that have weaker movepools, such as Flareon. This current list is sorted by alphabetical order.
In Daybreak and Twilight, a selection of new abilities have been introduced to the game. Most of them are exclusive to new Pokemon, however there are a couple of new ones given to older Pokemon to make them more useful in the competitive scene.
|Scorch Quills||Every other turn, if hit with a physical attack, the attacking Pokemon will receive damage from the heated spikes.||Hedtorch line|
Hidden Machines, or HM for short, are a system that recur in every Pokemon game to date, however they have been reworked in Daybreak and Twilight, after they were very controversial with the community as they take up space in a Pokemon's move pool. Every Pokemon now has a fifth move slot reserved specifically for Hidden Machines. Also, all of the Hidden Machines have been reviewed and changed specifically for the game, as they will have different uses.
|01||Ignite||Ignite can be used to melt frozen objects, it also can be used to destroy any tree that stands in the path of the trainer.|
|02||Strength||Strength can be used to push or break boulders that are in the way of the player.|
|03||Dazzling Gleam||Dazzling Gleam can be used in dark tunes like Flash, however you can also use it to blind trainers you don't wish to battle, however there is a limit to how many times you can do this. It can also help reveal items like a Dowsing Machine would, therefore replacing that item's use.|
|04||Surf||Surf can be used to float across water to access new areas that were unavailable before.|
|05||Frost Breath||Frost Breath is used to freeze water, so you can climb waterfalls and other places that have water. This helps you to get items as you can have layers of ice which you have to place accordingly to receive items.|
|06||Dream Eater||Dream Eater is used in the over world as there are sleeping people and Pokemon around the place and it is a mechanic in the game to wake them all up. It can also lead to gift Pokemon and other items being given to you.|
Technical Machines, or TMs, also return in Daybreak and Twilight, taking the same role as they always have in previous games in the franchise. Any pokemon can learn a technical machine as long as they fulfil the requirements.
TM01. Hone Claws
TM51. Steel Wing
TM76. Struggle Bug
Please note the Pokemon concepts you see here may not be final.
Here is the Pokedex for the Fyeno region, not including the Birds of Paradise and Ultra Beasts.
|Dex No.||Pokemon||Pokedex Entry||Abilities||Typing|
Birds of Paradise Dex
After you have completed the game, a lot of birds start to come to the Fyeno region, and they are nicknamed the Birds of Paradise. Even though they aren't legendary Pokemon, they are considered mythical and rare. You can encounter them on routes but they only have a very small chance of showing up. After you have captured all of them, a legendary Pokemon is rumoured to appear.
|Dex No.||Pokemon||Pokedex Entry||Typing|
Silky Bird Pokemon
Trumpet Bird Pokemon
Feather Bird Pokemon
Sickle Bird Pokemon
Ultra Beast Dex
Ultra Beasts have their own separate Dex due to the amount of them increasing from the previous generation. More Ultra Beasts have been sighted across the Fyeno region, and it is up to the player to capture them and contain them before they can create too much damage across the region.
|Dex No.||Pokemon||Pokedex Entry||Typing|
Mega Evolutions return in their full state from previous games. New Mega Evolutions are exclusive to the Fyeno region, and are harder to obtain than those in previous games.
Pokémon Daybreak and Pokémon Twilight is set in the beautifully tropical region of Fyeno. The region is very complex, with many different cities, towns and places to visit. Fyeno is one of the largest regions to date, and has the most complex Geographical range any region has yet to offer.
Below is a list of characters with biographies and their roles that appear in Pokémon Daybreak and Pokémon Twilight.
- Veronica (Default female character): Veronica is a studious overachiever and has been since a young age. Her family moved to the region of Fyeno because her father wanted to pursuit his career of becoming a Pokemon Professor. Inspired by her father, at the age of 15, Veronica decided to pack in the books and go on an adventure of her own. Even though she may be older than most trainers when they begin their journey, it doesn't mean that Veronica would be at any disadvantage when it comes to the world of Pokemon, the books have supplemented that experience for her.
- Xavier (Default male character): Xavier is an isolated teen who enjoys playing video games and the like. His family decided to move to the Fyeno region when he was a young boy, because his mother wanted to pursuit her career of becoming a Pokemon Coordinator. Inspired by his mother, at the age of 15, Xavier decided to pack in the video games and go on an adventure of his own in the real world. Even though he may be older than most other trainers when they begin their journey, it doesn't mean that Xavier would be at any disadvantage when it comes to the world of Pokemon.
Below are some polls that are purely for feedback purposes.
- Pokémon Daybreak and Pokémon Twilight were one of my first projects that I created on the wiki, however there were several versions of it before the one you have just read took place.
- The first version of the game was entitled "Pokémon Daybreak and Nightfall versions". This idea was eventually scrapped because I personally hated the name "Nightfall".
- The second version was entitled "Pokémon Daybreak and Nightmare versions". However this was scrapped after Pokémon Nightmare contradicted with the title's theme, and was already a pre-existing ROM hack. So changing the name prevented confusion.
- Pokémon Daybreak and Pokémon Twilight are far more serious than your average Pokemon game, and are similar to the pre-existing ROM Hacks Pokémon Reborn and Pokémon Rejuvenation. They also borrow a lot of elements from those games which have been transferred.
- The team names of the evil teams in Pokémon Daybreak and Pokémon Twilight are based on the Sun and the Moon, being Sunrise and Sunset.
- The bosses of each respective team are also based off of the Gods of the Sun and the Moon, being Helios and Selene respectively.
- Credit to Phatmon of DeviantART for creating the designs of the Mega Pokemon for the game.
- Credit to Marina (t∣b∣c) for the page title colouring code.