Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Kind of Item||Mushroom|
|First Appearance||Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels|
|Latest Appearance||Super Mario Galaxy 4|
|Makes Mario smaller or lets him die.|
| Super Mushroom|
Poison Mushrooms are items that are really poisonous (hence the name), and will make Mario small or die. They have different appearances. Some look really like they are poisonous (with different colors), but they sometimes look like Super Mushrooms, thus being a trap. Similar items are 1-Down Mushrooms, that does the reverse of a 1-Up Mushroom. In Super Mario Universe: Darkness Adventure it is used to make him Poison Mario
- New Super Mario Bros. D.I.Y.
- New Super Mario Bros. Omega
- New Super Mario Bros. VR
- Super Mario World: Wii
- Super Mario Galaxy 4
- Mario Kart: Hearts of Cup
- Mario Kart 8
- Lets-a-go, Mario
- Super Smash Bros. Explosion
- Super Mario Bros. 4 (2014)
- Super Mario Bros. V
Mario Kart 8
Poison Mushroom is a special item of Morton Koopa Sr.. He can throw it on the tarmac and the person who takes the mushroom, the victim will go slower for 5 seconds.
- Poison Mushrooms in New Super Mario Bros. Omega resemble the ones in the Mario Party series, and have references to the 1-Up Mushroom. At first, it has green spots (like a 1-Up Mushroom's cap is green), while the Poison Mushroom's cap is dark Purple (Purple is a violet color, which is the inverted RGB color of green, this color is dark for being a negative item).
- Green is the inverted RYB color of red, showing its inverted effect of a Super Mushroom.
- The Poison Mushrooms in New Super Mario Bros. D.I.Y. resemble the ones from the Super Smash Bros. series, which have a dark-pale red color to fool players.
- However, the ones in New Super Mario Bros. D.I.Y. are more fuchsia-red than dark-pale red.
- The Poison Mushroom in Super Mario World: Wii has a fuchsia-red color with mint green spots. This might be a mix of both appearances in New Super Mario Bros. D.I.Y. and New Super Mario Bros. Omega.
- The Poison Mushrooms in Super Mario Galaxy 4 has a cap that resembles the one in Super Mario All-Stars.
- The sound it makes after being consumed in Lets-a-go, Mario is a reversal of the sound made when someone grabs a power-up.