Pikachu Fighters: Trouble in a Zap (ピカチュウファイターズ：衝撃的なトラブルに Pikachu Fighters: In Electrifying Trouble) is a role-playing game developed by X-Scissor alongside Nintendo, being released for the Wii U in 2012. The gameplay of the game is largely inspired by that of Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door.
- Main Article: Plot of Pikachu Fighters: Trouble in a Zap
Outside of battle, the game is 2.5D. Not much can be done outside of battle, though Kaichu can jump for platforming, and use the hammer to break boxes in certain situations. Also, his ally that he has with him may use something with X.
In battle, Kaichu has the options of Jump, Hammer, and Volt Tackle. Volt Tackle normally takes five turns to charge up.. His jump and hammer are similar to Mario's in PM:TTYD. He can also use items and tactics, which are Swap Partner, Appeal, Defend, Run, and Charge Volt Tackle (takes off a turn of waiting for charge). He can also use Special Moves, which he gets from the orbs. Your partner may use attacks, items, and tactics. Their tactics are the same, but without the ability to charge. In the audience, you may find characters from a variety of series, such as Zelda, Kirby, EarthBound, and more.
Leveling up in this game is very similar to leveling up in PM:TTYD. The player will need to get 100 Star Points to grow a level. Every time the player gains a level, they can raise a stat (HP+5, FP+5, BP+3). All three stats may only get up to 150 (Not counting HP Plus or FP Plus). The maximum level is Level 106. The player get Star Points by defeating enemies.
- If an Amazy Dayzee is in the audience at the end of a battle, it will double the player's Star Points.
- Rarely, if Mewtwo and Mew are in the audience, they often may fight and harm both sides of the field for 10 damage.
- If a Luma is in the audience, it will double the Star Power the audience gives the player.
- If James is in the audience, he may send out a Weezing and make it an enemy on the opponent's side, but this doesn't work in boss battles.
- If Sonic is in the audience, then your opponent's attacks will miss more often.
- If Tepig, Oshawott, and Snivy are all in the audience, then the player's attack power will raise by one.
- Rarely, if Tails is in the audience, then he will bring in the Tornado and attack both sides of the field for 13 damage.
- If Zoroark is in the audience, he will transform into a random enemy, and go to the opponent's side of the field, but this does not work in boss battles.
- Rarely, if an ant is in the audience, it can shrink the entire audience, and cause the opponent's defense to go down.
- Rarely, if Slippy is in the audience, Arwings attack both sides of the field for 11 damage.
- If the Ice Climbers are in the audience, an iceberg will grow between both sides of the field, and freeze the player and the opponent.
- Rarely, if Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf are all in the audience, a Triforce will fall on one side of the field for 8 damage.
- If an Oh-Mook is in the audience, it will steal 4 FP from one side of the field.
- If a Shy Guy is in the audience, he can jump onstage and drop an anvil on one side of the field for 3 damage.
- If Mr. Saturn is in the audience, then both sides of the field will become confused
- Creaky Stage (Level 1-4) ~ Can have an audience of up to 24.
- New Stage (Level 5-19) ~ Can have an audience of up to 100
- Super Stage (Level 20-29) ~ Can have an audience of up to 150
- Ultra Stage (Level 30-39) ~ Can have an audience of up to 200
- Omega Stage (Level 40-49) ~ Can have an audience of up to 250
- Superstar Stage (Level 50-99) ~ Can have an audience of up to 300
- World Famous Stage (Level 100-106) ~ Can have an audience of up to 500
Orbs' Special Attacks
The orbs that the player obtains along the storyline have special attacks that may be used in battle.
|Image||Belongs to||Attack||SP||Obtained in|
|Currently N/A||Nidorino||Attack Booster - Adds 1-3 attack power for 2 turns||2||Chapter 1|
|Currently N/A||Silver||Psycho Cut - Hurts 2-6 Damage on the opponent, piercing defense||2||Chapter 2|
|Currently N/A||Ant Elder||Shrink Beam - Hurts 4-6 Damage on the opponent, shrinking them and making their attack power go down.||3||Chapter 3|
|Currently N/A||Sir Gyriin||Defense Booster - Adds 1-3 Def. for 2 turns||2||Chapter 4|
|Currently N/A||Thunderr||Lighting Slash - Hurts 6-10 Damage on the opponent.||5||Chapter 5|
|Currently N/A||Balloon Bros.||Aerial Ace - Hurts 2-7 Damage on the opponent, and allows Kaichu to attack again (without using Special Moves).||5||Chapter 6|
|Currently N/A||Snawboll||Frozen Blast - Hurts 5-10 Damage on the opponent, and may freeze them, piercing defense.||6||Chapter 7|
|Currently N/A||(none)||Aeroblast - Hurts 3-15 Damage on the opponent, piercing defense.||7||Chapter 8|
- Main Article: Pikachu Fighters: Trouble in a Zap/Enemies
- Main Article: Pikachu Fighters: Trouble in a Zap/Bosses