Parvati: Written in the Stars is a mini-series, written by Bleak Moonlight (t∣b∣c). The series is set to feature Parvati at the beginning of her life, taking place before any other project she's featured in. It focuses on her life story, and how she learned the arts of social manipulation to take over an Eden similar to Earth, which she eventually destroyed from the inside.
It majorly serves as an insight into the true evil of Parvati, and sets up the beginning of Shangri-La.
Parvati's existence is a complete mystery to the ordinary human, as she was created by a mythical event in the stars, being born by an alignment of stars which has never happened before. It attracted the attention of three Deities, who observe the solar system from a man made vessel in the sky, which is invisible to the normal human eye. Parvati lead the creation of the New Human race, and quickly became a powerful figure on a new Eden.
It's time to discover what really happened to the Eden, and Parvati.
Chapter 01: Alignment of the Stars
It all happened on New Years eve. The laughter and cheering of average, everyday people as the year had drawn to a close. You see, average people would never be able to recognise something so big happening around them, how would they have known the beginning of the biggest catastrophe to ever exist would occur, right then?
We see three deities watching over the world, and notice one of the stars moving out of the normal pattern it takes.
The youngest Deity, Zvette, the least experienced. She acts very informally compared to the other two deities, and doesn't always take things as seriously as she should. The second Deity, Zxene, is the most experienced of the Deities and is the most practical. He usually carries out all of the tasks that the Deities need doing. The third Deity, Zwei, likes to think they're the leader of the group. They come up with the plans and expect it to be followed to the precise detail.
- Zvette: Hey, did you guys just see that? What in the world happened?
- Zxene: I'm just as confused as you are. We never planned for any of this to happen...what an abnormality.
- Zwei: An abnormality indeed. This needs to be covered up as soon as possible, as well as the cause of the light.
- Zxene: We're on it. We want your plan to move as smoothly as possible, Zwei.
- Zwei: Of course you do, because it benefits all of us. Let's hope this abnormality isn't something that could possibly disturb fate.
- Zxene: Absolutely.
- Zvette: Right on!
Suddenly, more and more stars begin to move out of pattern, and align to create a never before seen pattern. A big flash of light occurs, and engulfs the entire solar system. The Z Deities become more and more confused, while Zwei becomes more frustrated.
- Zwei: ...OK.
- Zxene: I have zero clue-
- Zwei: That doesn't help whatsoever. We need to know what this is, we're Deities for crying out loud. We're supposed to know everything.
- Zvette: Calm down Zwei, you're right, we're Deities. That means if anything goes wrong we can just make it right again!
- Zwei: Fine, whatever.
- Zxene: Anyways...so what did just happen?
- Zvette: Well, good question. The normal pattern the stars would follow was somehow disturbed, and the stars formed a never before seen pattern.
- Zxene: Can you see anything? Did it do something other than make a whole lot of light?
- Zvette: I can't see anything. I'm pretty sure it just created the light. At least this is easily covered up, it's just simply a new years celebration.
- Zxene: Good thinking. Simplicity is always the best.
Meanwhile, back on the planet, the light fades away, as people keep cheering for the New Years celebration. Out of nowhere, a new human appears on the planet as a result of the light. Their eyes are closed, and open to reveal a pair of mystic blue eyes.
Chapter 02: Bright Lights
Parvati checks her surroundings, feeling overwhelmed by the complexity of the world she is now in. She finds herself in the middle of a bustling city, with bright lights in every direction you look. She is surrounded by people still celebrating the new year, and is approached by a purple haired girl.
- ???: Hey! Enjoying the new year!?
- Parvati: U-uhh, yeah. It's crazy. Who are you?
- C: Just call me C! It's what all my friends call me, so I guess you're one of them now too!
- Parvati: Cool. I'm Parvati.
- C: Not one for too much talking, are you?
- Parvati: I can't speak English well.
- C: Ohhh! Don't worry! If you watch I could help you to learn the language better? I'm an English Language major, so it shouldn't be too hard for me, ahaha.
- Parvati: Okay, thank you.
- C: No problem! Let's get back to my place and I'll start to teach you the language more fluently!
C grabs Parvati's arm and they leave to go back to C's place, a college dorm. A montage plays of C showing Parvati flashcards, as she progresses with learning English. After a couple of weeks, Parvati is more fluent in speaking English.
- Parvati: Thank you so much for the help, C. I definitely wouldn't have been able to get around if I couldn't speak properly.
- C: Don't worry about it! I didn't know our college accepted foreign exchange students though, you definitely would've had trouble with your classes.
- Parvati: Exchange students?
- C: Yeah, you're from Europe or something right?
- Parvati: I'm not sure, but I think I'm going to find a subject to study while I'm here. May as well make use of my time here.
- C: Good idea! College life here is wonderful, and this college is especially renown for it's Science departments. I think you'd love something like cryogenics or forensics.
- Parvati: Forensics sounds interesting. I'll give it a look.
- C: Coolio! Anyway, I should probably go to my English class right about now, I haven't been in a couple of weeks aha.
- Parvati: Oh yeah, sorry for keeping you. I'll take a look around and come see you later, okay?
- C: Sure that's cool, I can introduce you to some of my friends later on too!
- Parvati: Sounds fun, see you later.
Parvati steps outside of the dorm room, and is greeted by an immense beam of sunlight, blinding her for a moment. When her vision returns, she notices many students sat outside, conversing and enjoying life. Cautiously, she makes her way to the main hall, where she notices many different booths advertising degrees. She makes her way around to the Forensics booth, where a geeky looking dude is standing.
- ???: Hello there! You interested in a career in forensic sciences?
- Parvati: Maybe, I haven't decided yet.
- Cameron: My name's Cameron. I've been wanting to do this degree for so long, since I was a young kid, haha.
- Parvati: Interesting, why's that?
- Cameron: I just think genes and DNA are so cool, like how can we identify someone just by the configuration of some lines on your finger? It's so interesting to me.
- Parvati: That's a good point. I think I might sign up after all.
- Cameron: Awesome! What's your name?
- Parvati: My name is Parvati.
Chapter 03: Foreign Forensics
A couple of days later, Parvati is registered as a forensic student. She decided to move in with C, due to not having a source of income to afford her own student accommodation.
- C: It's gonna be so fun living with you, Parvati! What do you want to do first?
- Parvati: Hmm, not sure. You?
- C: I know! We should totally revisit your look! We could dye your hair, buy some new clothes, you'll look amazing!
- Parvati: Sounds like a plan!
The pair head off into the neighbouring town, and browse all the stores. They try on a bunch of dresses and outfits, before deciding upon a dark blue dress. They then look at different hair dyes, and decide upon a dusty purple colour for her new hairstyle. They then head back to the room, and prepare Parvati's hair for the dye.
- Parvati: I'm so excited to see my new colour!
- C: Me too! You really suit the purple on the box, in my opinion. It'll look much more unique than the blonde you have now.
- Parvati: Is that a good thing? Haha.
- C: Everyone around here competes to be unique, it's a recurring thing in this campus.
- Parvati: I see. Do you think it'll impress them?
- C: Depends if ya want to impress 'em.
- Parvati: May as well make a good impression, nobody here knows who I am, so...
- C: I get ya! Got your eyes on anyone?
- Parvati: What do you mean?
- C: Like, do you fancy anybody? Sorry if I'm being too nosy or anything haha.
- Parvati: You're not don't worry, and not really nah.
- C: Anyways, your hairs done! We just gotta wash your hair now and it should be looking snazzy.
The girls approach the shower, and C washes her hair to expose the new colour. The purple looks exactly as she wanted, completing her new look for the new Parvati.
- Parvati: I'm definitely ready for starting my classes tomorrow now!
- C: You'll do great. I'm rooting for ya!
- Parvati: Thanks, I think I'm gonna go rest up for tomorrow, see you.
- C: Sleep well!
The next morning, C attempts to wake up Parvati, but fails, until she pours water over her face.
- C: Wake up! You've got class in like 10 minutes, you need to get ready.
- Parvati: Crap! I overslept! I must go!
Parvati takes off running all over the room, grabbing clothes and brushing her teeth as quick as she possibly can. She grabs an apple from the counter and sprints out of the room, just to trip down a set of stairs, landing on the ground below. She sits up for a moment, and a boy walks out from the dorm underneath hers.
- Cameron: Parvati? You okay?
- Parvati: Y-Yeah, I'm fine. Just fell down the stairs.
- Cameron: For God sake, didn't have you pegged as the clumsy type.
He pulls her up from the ground.
- Parvati: I'm not normally, just overslept this morning...
- Cameron: Ah I see, like the new hair by the way. I'm off to class, anyways. See ya.
- Parvati: See you.
Parvati walks cautiously to the main building and finds herself in the science corridor in no time. She tries to find her class number, and eventually finds a science lab where her class is held. She immediately notices only one empty seat, next to Cameron.
- Parvati: Seem to be running into you a ton today.
- Cameron: Apparently so. Guess this seat's yours.
- Parvati: Thanks. Where's the teacher?
- Cameron: Running late I suppose. That makes two of you, haha.
The teacher enters the class, and silence resumes.
Chapter 04: The Rise of Socialism
A couple months later, Parvati has properly settled in to university life, and has performed exceptionally well in her degree. Herself and C meet in a local cafe to catch up, after not seeing each other for a few days through being exceptionally busy.
- C: Hey Parvati! How've you been? I feel like I haven't seen you in forever!
- Parvati: Same! I've been good, been getting a lot of good reception from my lecturer, he thinks my work is exceptional.
- C: Hey, congrats! I always knew you would've been good in the science department, and it's not even one of the easiest degrees you can do! I've noticed you've gotten a lot better with English too!
- Parvati: Yeah! Whenever I had spare time I would look online for some tutorials to help with my speech and accent.
- C: Awesome, it's really worked! Hey, now that I think about it, what's your first language anyways?
- Parvati: Uhhh, I'm not entirely sure. Latin?
- C: Whoa that's incredible, you still fluent in it?
- Parvati: I don't think so, I've forgotten most of it trying to learn English haha.
- C: Fair enough! Anyways, you have any plans for tonight?
- Parvati: Nothing in particular no, how come?
- C: There's a wild party tonight to celebrate the end of the first semester. You should definitely come and introduce yourself to people. I don't know if you've made many other friends yet, but it can't help to be a social butterfly for one night.
- Parvati: Hmm, I don't know if I'm ready for that yet. I've only been here for a few months...
- C: Don't be silly! It's about time you let yourself have some good fun, all you've done since you've got here is work and work.
- Parvati: True, but I just don't know if I'm ready for that kind of social activity yet. Although, you are right when you say I haven't made many good friends yet...
- C: That's the spirit! I've gotta go hand in my latest assignment anyways, but I'll see you later!
- Parvati: See you.
Later that night, the two of them get ready back at the dormatory.
- C: Sooo, you and that Cameron guy seemed to be getting along well.
- Parvati: Oh we're just friends, haha.
- C: I've seen the way you look at him, it's totally more than that! He's gonna be there tonight you know.
- Parvati: I seriously don't!
- C: Alright, alright. We're gonna have a fun time anyways, aren't we?
- Parvati: Sure. I've never been to one of these parties before, I hope it's good.
- C: Oh it will. I'm just glad we don't have to come in for a good week.
- Parvati: Yeah I'm glad to have a small break, I'm probably just gonna study though.
- C: Do you not have any hobbies or anything apart from studying?
- Parvati: Now that you mention it, no not really.
- C: When you come back you should defintiely sign up for some extra curricular activites. You don't seem like a sporty type, so maybe something like debate would suit you?
- Parvati: I'll look into it later, but for tonight I just wanna have fun!
- C: Good girl, okay, let's get going then!
They leave the dorm together after getting dressed up for the night's events. They walk for a long time, before arriving at a house lit with colour and life. After a couple hours and many drinks, they end up splitting up, and Parvati notices Cameron wander into one of the rooms upstairs, so she follows him.
- Parvati: Cameron!
- Cameron: Oh, hey Parvati.
- Parvati: You doing cool?
- Cameron: ...you're drunk aren't you? I always thought the smart girls would partake in something like drinking.
- Parvati: You're so right! That why you're no drink?
- Cameron: Okay I think you've had enough. We should probably get you back to the dorm.
Cameron carries Parvati on his back through the house, and takes her home to her dorm room. He gently lays her on one of the beds, and sits at the edge grabbing onto his foot. Parvati then wakes up and notices he's hurt his foot.
- Parvati: Is that a blister? I've got some cream that can help with that.
- Cameron: It's no bother, it'll heal on its own.
- Parvati: Thanks for carrying me back.
- Cameron: No problem, you seemed pretty far gone so I thought it'd be for the best. Where's your roommate?
- Parvati: She was there too, she'll be fine, she'll come back later. Feel free to stay here, there's empty beds.
- Cameron: Nah I should be getting back to my dorm to finish some more research.
- Parvati: Alright, well, goodnight then.
- Cameron: Yeah, see ya in a couple weeks when classes are back on.
Cameron leaves, and Parvati falls back to sleep with a faint smile on her face.
Chapter 05: Find a Cure
- Parvati: Written in the Stars is the first light novel written by Solarrion (t∣b∣c) on the wiki.
- Parvati: Written in the Stars has been in planning since Parvati was originally planned.
- The basis for the story was somewhat inspired by Danganronpa 3: Side - Despair, as it showed the villainous characters before they fulfilled that state.