|Main Tropes • Original Page|
This is a listing of tropes found in Pyrostar's (t∣b∣c) Paper Mario Eternity Trilogy, which consists of Paper Mario 5: The Rise of Shadow, Paper Mario 6: Wishing War, Paper Mario 7: The Eternity Kingdom, Paper Mario: Legend of the Sun Flower, and Paper Mario 3D.
- Bigger Bad:
- Ceberus Syndrome: 6 and 7 are said to be infinitely darker than 5 was.
- Doing It For The Art: Supposedly, the origin of the entire project was due to Pyrostar's dissatisfaction with Sticker Star. Especially the lack of partners.
- Downloadable Content: Game 6 and 7 began as this before becoming standalone releases.
The Rise of Shadow
- Big Bad: Lord Cloak .
- Demonic Possession: A lot of bosses, primarily Other bosses have shades of this crossed with Brainwashed and Crazy or Blood Knight.
- Heel Face Turn:
- Toadea has a rather upbeat tune .
- The Cozmo Shards themselves have a leitmotif played upon collection. A remix of said theme is played whenever a special attack is being used.
- Loads and Loads And LOADS of Characters: There are an absolutely massive amount of partners in the first game. See Ragtag Group of Heroes entry for more details.
- Ragtag Group of Heroes: Let's see, we have
- Secret Boss: .
The Eternity Kingdom
Legend of the Sun Flower
- Spiritual Sequel: It has virtually nothing to do with the plot of PM5 at all, but the development team is the same
- Spiritual Sequel: Falls into this for the same reasons as Legend of the Sun Flower .
- 2.5D: While the overworld remains similar to the series standard, battles gain a planar aspect similar to Kirby: Triple Deluxe.
- Not only can Mario and his partners move back and forth between these 3 planes, but by using the Copy command, they can create a 3D stack of characters that exists in all planes at once.