This is a list of status effects in Paper Mario 5: The Rise of Shadow.
- Huge- makes Mario/partner bigger and raises POW by 3. Marked by a large face icon.
- Dodgy- makes Mario/partner able to have a 50% chance of dodging attacks. Marked by a Repel Cape icon.
- Transparent- gives Mario/partner a 100% cahnce to avoid attacks. Marked by a transparent face icon.
- DEF-Up- raises DEF by 3. Marked by a crystal and arrow icon.
- Regen- makes Mario/partner regenerate 1 HP every turn. Marked by a glowing HP icon.
- Efficient- makes Mario/partner regain 2 FP every turn. Marked by a glowing FP icon.
- Revenge- causes damage to direct attackers. Marked by a crooked arrow icon.
- Reflect- reflects ranged attacks back at their users. Marked by a mirror icon.
- Electric- deals damage to any enemies that get close. Marked by a thunderbolt icon.
- Fast-Forward- gives Mario/partner a chance to skip an enemy's tun. Marked by a green clock icon.
- Turn x2- gives Mario/partner 2 turns to attack. Marked by a glowing x2 icon.
- Poison- deals 1 damage per turn AND reduces accuracy. Marked by a skull icon.
- Burn- deals 2 damage per turn. Marked by a flame icon.
- Frozen- cannot move and deals 1 damage when it wears off. Marked by a snowflake icon.
- Immobilized- like Frozen, but without the 1 damage. Marked by a red clock icon.
- Rewind- gives enemies a chance to skip your turn. Marked by a blue clock icon.
- Paralyzed- Mario/partner only has 75% cahnce to hit a target. Marked by a shaking face icon.
- Dizzy- Mario/partner only has 25% chance to hit a target. Marked by a blue spiral.
- Tiny- ATK goes down by 3. Marked by a tiny face icon.
- DEF-Down- DEF goes down by 3. Marked by a crystal and down-arrow icon.
- Enraged- ATK raised by 3, DEF lowered by 4. Marked by a smoke icon.