|Official Debut||Paper Mario (2001, Nintendo 64)|
|Final Smash||Star Beam|
Paper Mario is the paper thin (quite literally) counterpart of Mario who hails from the Paper Mario series, and appears as a newcomer in Super Smash Bros. Universal Struggle. While he may seem like a clone of Mario, Paper Mario is very different in abilities and moves. He uses his trademark Hammer in both his neutral special and a few of his attacks (amongst other things) and has a few of his partners help out in one way or another. Paper Mario was revealed on July 7th, 2015 with the full roster and has yet to recieve a proper reveal trailer.
- Neutral Special: Hammer -
- Side Special: Paper Airplane -
- Up Special: Multibounce -
- Down Special: Bob-ombast -
- Final Smash: Star Beam -
- Neutral Special: Spin Hammer -
- Side Special: Air Lift -
- Up Special: Ultra Boots -
- Down Special: Power Bomb -
- Neutral Special: Wrecking Hammer -
- Side Special: Gulp and Go -
- Up Special: Jumping Tornado -
- Down Special: Light Explosion -
- Neutral attack: Paper Mario swings his hammer twice and finishes with a powerful slam from his Super Hammer.
- Dash attack: Paper Mario jumps on Kooper's shell and rides forward. He will bounce off of walls if he comes into contact with one.
- Forward tilt: Paper Mario swings a paper baseball bat forward.
- Up tilt:
- Down tilt:
- Forward smash: Paper Mario punches a paper POW Block, which can stun opponents around him and damage them as well.
- Up smash: Paper Mario jumps in the air for a second before coming in for a diving attack.
- Down smash: Paper Mario charges up his hammer and then slams it downward.
- Neutral aerial:
- Forward aerial:
- Backward aerial:
- Up aerial:
- Down aerial:
Grab, Throws, and Pummel
- Grab: Paper Mario sends out Yoshi Kid to grab an opponent.
- Pummel: Paper Mario slams his hammer on the opponent he grabbed, similar to the Ice Climbers.
- Forward throw:
- Backward throw:
- Up throw:
- Down throw: