Please don't edit this page without permission unless you're fixing grammatical or spelling errors.
Thanks, enjoy the article!
|Genre(s)||Action Adventure, RPG|
| ESRB E for Everyone|
USK Ab 6 freigegeben
|Media Included||Disc & Digital Download|
Prologue: The Stolen Artifact
Mario and Princess Peach are on vacation and visit the town of Star Valley Springs which is known for its crystal clear wells. After a while they head off to the town's market where they spot Bowser's airship at the sky. The airship is landing and Bowser and Kamek appear to kidnap the princess. Mario attempts to fight off Bowser, but for some reason Bowser knocks out Mario with surprising ease. Mario's unconscious body is then found by a mysterious individual who tries to wake him up, which succeeds after some time. When Mario wakes up after some time the mysterious person introduces himself as Sylvestar, a star spirit and also guardian of the Star of Wishes, an ancient artifact which has the power to fulfill the wishes of its possessor. Bowser stole it and made himself invincible, which explains why Bowser could beat Mario so easily. But it gets even worse, Bowser also developed plans to destroy the entire Mushroom Kingdom. The only way to prevent Bowser from realizing his plans is to fight him with the power of the 6 Astral Gems which are scattered all over the kingdom. Sylvestar decides to join Mario on his adventure, so they set off for a journey to retrieve the 6 Astral Gems and prevent Bowser's evil plans.
|Mario||Our heroic plumber, Mario heads off to a new adventure along with Sylvestar to search for the 6 Astral Gems to prevent Bowser from destroying the entire kingdom with his newly acquired power. TBA|
Battles take place on a stage whose scenery is depending on the location. To win a battle, the player must eliminate all opponents, either by defeating them or by making them run away.
While Mario is battling enemies, he can attack enemies with extra power using Action Commands.
- Countdown: Tilt and hold left, then release when the red light flashes.
- Tricky Timing: Pressing just before landing on Mario's opponent.
- Aiming: Aligning a cursor in the center of the targeting reticule.
- Button Mania: Holding on to or repeatedly tapping a button or input an entire sequence.
- The orginal game was called Paper Mario: Legend of the Star Gate and its development started in 2014, but was never completed. In 2016 the project has been revived with a new name, Paper Mario: The Star of Wishes.