|Palkia did not originate from fanon, and more information can be found on their respective wiki(s). You may read more about it on the following wiki(s):|
|National Dex Nr.||#484|
|Sinnoh Dex Nr.||#150|
|First Appearance||Pokémon Diamond And Pearl|
|Latest Appearance||Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire|
|Ability/ies|| Pressure |
|Average Weight||740.8 lbs.|
Palkia (Japanese: パルキア Palkia) is a dual-type Water/Dragon Legendary Pokémon.
It is not known to evolve into or from any other Pokémon.
Palkia is the version mascot of Pokémon Pearl, appearing on the boxart.
Palkia is a light purple theropod-like Pokémon with stripes and markings of a darker shade and gray underarms and waist. It has round purple-striped plates on its shoulder area, where two pink pearls lie encrusted with a gray rim encircling them and fins in their back. Palkia’s arms have extended formations resembling gauntlets and a purple band around each wrist. Palkia has a long neck, a pointed white crest on the top of its head that extends to its wings, two strong horn-like tusks on the sides of its jaw, and a powerful tail. As seen in Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time and Explorers of Darkness, Palkia travels by creating a large yellow sphere from its two pearls, then using it to fly very fast.
Palkia has the ability to warp space, though it was said to create alternate realities as well. Palkia lives in a different dimension, making its behavior nearly impossible to study. However, Palkia has been seen in violent conflicts with its counterpart, Dialga. It has been known to be very protective of its home as well. Palkia is the only known Pokémon that can learn Spacial Rend.
- In games prior to Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, Palkia has a catch rate of 30.
- The gems on Palkia's shoulders resemble Pale Spheres.
- Although Palkia is genderless in the main games, it is referred to as a male in Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time and Explorers of Darkness.
- Palkia is in the highest IQ group. It takes this position in IQ group J and is the only Pokémon in IQ group J.
- In Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time and Explorers of Darkness, Palkia, along with Primal Dialga, the legendary golems, the Magnemite family, and Regigigas, all speak in all capital letters, unlike the other Pokémon in the game.
Palkia, along with Dialga, may be based on the Shinto legend of Izanami and Izanagi, who are said to have created one island with a spear, erected a pillar on it, and from there created the islands of Japan. Appearance-wise, Palkia is likely based after a European dragon combined with a pearl. Its appearance may also be derived from the Plateosaurus or other bipedal dinosaurs such as the Oviraptor. Its head crest could be inspired by the Goblin Shark, especially from it being a water type.
Palkia is derived from the Japanese spelling of pearl, パール pāru.
← #483: Dialga
#485: Heatran →