Mario Kart Series
POW Blocks appear in the Mario Kart series. It knocks out all the players on the ground in front of the player that threw it. However, the player can dodge the POW Block if the player is doing a trick in the air.
In the game New Super Mario Bros. 5-Star Adventure, POW Blocks come in different colors, each with a it's own special ability -
- Red - Defeats enemies near the block and triggers any other nearby POW Blocks.
- Blue - Defeats all enemies on-screen
- Green - Defeats all enemies on-screen and knocks floating coins (including Star Coins and Ace Coins) to the ground.
- Purple - Defeats all enemies on-screen, knocks floating coins to the ground, and breaks Bricks & opens ? Blocks
- Golden - When hit, it sends a slow and powerful shockwave in both directions that kills enemies, breaks bricks, and opens ? Blocks in it's path. The player follow a shockwave for even a whole level's worth of time, making Golden POW Blocks the most powerful of all.