Please refrain to edit without permission! (Fixing errors and refining are still allowed)
|Developer(s)||Ye Olde Baker Boy Productions|
|Grand Prix, Time Attack, VS Race, Battle, Wi-Fi|
|Media Included||Wii optical disc|
P Floatie Racers is a Mario Kart spinoff created by Ye Older Baker Boy Productions. Instead of karts, the players ride recreations of the P-Balloon named P-Floaties on the water. Nevertheless, most of the items of the Mario Kart series appear in this game. It can be played with the Wii Remote + Nunchuk, with the Classic Controller or the Gamecube Controller. Like in Mario Kart Wii or Mario Kart 7, the players can perform stunts to get a boost of speed.
8 racers fight for the first place in a cup's 4 tracks. The one with most points at the end of these 4 races wins the trophy.
A single player can race on a track of his/her own selection to get the best time. Players can use WFC to submit their best times and compare them with other players'. There are Staff Best Times that the player can beat (Sonic is unlocked after beating at least one Staff Best Time).
This mode is available for Multiplayer and Single Player. Up to 4 players can fight for the first place in a self-made Grand Prix (Rules state from 4 to 8 tracks). Whoever has most points wins the trophy.
Available for Single Player and Multiplayer. There are two types of battle: Balloon Battle and Coin Runners. In Balloon Battle, the players fight eachother to be the last one standing by popping the other players' balloons with items. In Coin Runners, the players are split in two teams which try to get as much Coins as possible.
A single player (With the optional choice of coming with a guest) races and/or battles against players from all around the world.
Like in Mario Kart Wii, there are licenses that represent the save files. There's a maximum of 4 licenses. The Mii used for the license will be the Mii that the player uses in Single Player modes. Although in Multiplayer, he/she can choose any Mii.
- Wii Remote + Nunchuck
- A button: Accelerate
- B button: Brake/Drift
- Control Stick: Steer
- Z button: Use items
- Shake the Wii Remote: Perform stunts
- Classic Controller
- Left control stick: Steer
- b button: Brake
- R button: Drift
- L button: Use items
- D-Pad: Perform stunts
- a button: Accelerate
- Gamecube Controller
- A button: Accelerate
- B button: Brake
- R button: Drift
- Z/L button: Use items
- Control stick: Steer
- D-Pad: Perform stunts
|Image||Name||Weight||P-Floatie color||Character's decal|
|Mario||Middle||Red||Mario's red M emblem|
|Luigi||Middle||Green||Luigi's green L emblem|
|Princess Peach||Light||Pink||Peach's crown|
|Toad||Feather||Light blue||A mushroom|
|Princess Daisy||Light||Orange||Daisy's flower emblem|
|Rosalina||Cruiser||Turquoise||A Grand Star|
|Wario||Heavy||Yellow||Wario's blue W emblem|
|Waluigi||Cruiser||Purple||Waluigi's inverted L emblem|
|Image||Name||Weight||P-Floatie color||Character's decal||Unlocking criteria|
|Yoshi||Light||Lime||A Yoshi egg||Beat 50cc Star Cup|
|Donkey Kong||Cruiser||Brown||DK's tie logo||
Beat 50cc Special Cup
|Bowser||Heavy||Black||Bowser's red face||Beat 100cc Star Cup|
|Metal Mario||Heavy||Grey||Metal Mario's grey M emblem||Beat 100cc Special Cup|
|Hammer Bro||Cruiser||Dark green||A pair of hammers crossed together||Beat 150cc Mushroom Cup|
|Lakitu||Feather||White||Lakitu Cloud||Beat 150cc Flower Cup|
|Mona||Light||Maroon||Front view of Mona's scooter||Beat 150cc Star Cup or play as Wario 5 times|
|Sonic the Hedgehog||Middle||Blue||Sonic's face||Beat 150cc Special Cup or beat the Staff's Best Time in Time Attack once|
|Mii||Varies (Feather, Middle or Heavy)||Varies (Red, blue, green, yellow, pink, purple, light blue, lime, orange, brown, black or white)||Mii logo (The background is the same as the Mii's colour but with a darker shade)||Beat all 50cc cups|
(*)Changes color depending on character
(**)Changes color depending on female character
- Blimp Yoshi: Unlock Yoshi
- Lakitu Cloud: Unlock Lakitu
- Air ball: Unlock Sonic or play in Seaside Hill 5 times in any mode
- Golden: Beat all the cups in Mirror Mode
|Green Shell||This shell can be thrown forward and backwards and can be used to topple enemies if they collide with them. But be careful, since they can bounce on the walls, you can still get hit by them too.|
|N/A||Triple Green Shell||Three Green Shells stacked. They can be used as a barrier and thrown all directions possible.|
|Red Shell||This shell locks on enemies and chases them. However, they can still be blocked or used to block incoming ones. They don't bounce on walls. When they're thrown backwards, they'll stand still and chase down any player that passes near to it.|
|N/A||Triple Red Shell||Three Red Shells stacked. They can be used as a barrier and thrown all directions possible.|
|Dash Mushroom||This Mushroom will give a burst of speed to your P-Floatie.|
|N/A||Triple Dash Mushroom||Three Dash Mushrooms stacked.|
|Brick Block||A Brick Block that has been modified to float on the water. It behaves the same way as Bananas do in the Mario Kart series.|
|N/A||Triple Brick Block||Three Brick Blocks stacked.|
|Boo||This not-so-shy ghost will steal a random enemy's item and give it to you. The user also becomes invisible for a brief period of time.|
|Blue Shell||This shell will launch itself towards the opponent in the first place, though it can also topple any other opponent on its way.|
|Thunderbolt||Shrinks down all the opponents ahead of you, making them much slower.|
|Golden Dash Mushroom||This Dash Mushroom can be used for infinite boosts for a brief time.|
|Bob-Omb||This bomb will explode as soon as it collides with another player or after floating on the water for a small time.|
|Torpedo Ted||The player on the last place will have a chance to pass through his/her opponents once he/she has this item.|
|Star||The user becomes invincible for a brief time and can pass through the opponents, toppling them.|
|Blooper||Those opponents who are ahead of the user will have their view hindered because of the ink that this nasty squid will spit at them. It can be cleared off with a boost of speed (Get the hint?).|
|Mega Mushroom||The user's P-Floatie becomes huge so the user can squash his/her opponents like bugs. However, they're still affected by Thunderbolts (If they get struck by one, the P Floatie will just shrink to its normal size), Stars and Blue Shells.|
|Micro-Goombas||They are thrown to the water inside a capsule. If someone collides onto it, the capsule will open and release the Micro-Goombas which will make driving a bit difficult. However, they can be passed to other drivers much like the Thunder Cloud in Mario Kart Wii.|
|POW Block||This block makes the water shake so all the opponents in upper places than the driver will topple unless their P-Floaties aren't touching the water when that happens.|
List of tracks
- Luigi's Pool
- Gelato Beach
- Cheep-Cheep River
- Pipe Land Sewers
- Mario's Pool
- Kongo Ocean
- Wuhu Sea Loop
- Waluigi's Water Slide
- Mushroomy Lake
- Seaside Hill
- Royal Pool
- Wario's Toxic Landfill
- Sunset Wuhu Sea Loop
- Rosalina's Artic Sea
- Bowser's Castle
- Rainbow Road
- Ricco Harbor
- Balloon Park
- Diamond Battle Pool
References to other games
- Mario Bros.: Freezie appears as a stage hazard in Rosalina's Artic Sea.
- Super Mario Bros.: Cheep-cheep River seems to be made after the underwater levels from this game.
- Wario Land 4: A remix of "The Toxic Landfill" is used on Wario's Toxic Landfill and Waluigi's Water Slide.
- Not to mention that Wario's Toxic Landfill is obviously named after this stage.
- Mario Party 4: The Thwompalloon from the minigame The great deflate is used as a vehicle
- Super Mario World: Torpedo Teds replace Bullet Bills' role as items.
- Wii Sports Resort/Wii Fit: Wuhu Island is used twice as a race course.
- Sonic the Hedgehog 3: The battle course Balloon Park is named after a multiplayer zone from this game.
- Super Mario Bros 3: Pipe Land Sewers is made after Pipe Land/Pipeline Labyrinth, the seventh world of the game.
- Donkey Kong Country: The Gangplank Galleon from this game appears in Kongo Ocean as a stage hazard. It shoots cannonballs at the players.
- Mario Kart Wii: The bouncy mushroom platforms from Mushroom Gorge reappear in Mushroomy Lake. Licenses are used as save files once again
- Super Mario Sunshine: Ricco Harbor appears as a battle course and Gelato Beach as a race course
- Sonic Heroes: Seaside Hill appears as a race course.
- Sonic Generations: Seaside Hill's Classic and Modern remixes are blended together for the track's theme, Balloon Park's remix is used for said battle course.
- Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games: The air balls from the Dream Sprint event are used as vehicles.
- Mario Kart 7: Some characters are mid-light or mid-heavy like in this game, Rosalina's Artic Sea is made after Rosalina's Ice World.
- Super Mario Galaxy 2: Blimp Yoshi is used as a vehicle.
- Yoshi, DK and Bowser are unlockable characters in this game instead of being default. This is probably the first time that something like this happens in a Mario Kart-related fan game.
- On the other hand, Rosalina is a default character for the first time in a Mario Kart fan game.
- The Miis seem to share their P-Floatie colors with other characters. For example, red Miis will have the same P Floatie color as Mario.
- 9-Volt was hinted to be an unlockable character as well but he was later replaced by Lakitu.