Nintendo X Capcom II: Legacy is the sequel to Nintendo X Capcom: Infinite. The first game had only 14 playable characters (twelve default, two secret) but this one has 26 playable characters instead. The final boss is Dry Bowser instead of Master Hand, while M. Bison appears as a sub-boss. The game introduces many new fighters, as well as Final Smashes, which instead of the Smash Ball follow Capcom's classic "meter" system, but they still keep the title of "Final Smash", and some characters have the same Final Smashes from SSBB. Like other Capcom "Versus" games, in this one you can choose a team of three characters and competer against randomly chosen teams each different round.
|Nintendo||Final Smash||Capcom||Final Smash|
|Mario||Mega Mario||Ryu||Evil Ryu|
|Samus Aran||Zero Blaster||Phoenix Wright||Guilty!|
|Fox||Barrel Roll||Captain Commando||Captain Sword|
|Donkey Kong||Coconut Gun||Megaman||Rush Drill|
|Link||Triforce Slash||Chris Redfield||Grenade Launcher|
|Zelda||Light Arrow||Jill Valentine||Satellite Laser|
|Kirby||Chef Kirby||Nathan Spencer||Bionic Lancer|
|Bowser||Koopa March||Chun-Li||Senretsu Kyaku|
|Captain Falcon||Hit and Run||Guile||Sonic Hurricane|
|Zapdos||Hyper Beam||Mike Haggar||Rapid Fire Fist|
Italics = Unlockable
|Peach's Castle||Wily's Castle|
|Hyrule||Phoenix Wright Courtroom|
|Dream Land||Raccoon City|
|Konga Jungle||Street Fighter Car Stage|
|Bowser's Caslte||Quickman's Stage|
|Pokemon Center||Megaman X Intro Stage|
|Happy Happyist Cult||Jurassic Era Research Base|
|Final Destination (Final Boss Level)||M. Bison's Lair (Mini-Boss Level)|
- CAPTAIN FALCON - Unlocked by beating M. Bison as a Nintendo character.
- NESS - Unlocked by beating Dry Bowser as a Nintendo Character.
- ZAPDOS - Unlocked by beating Dry Bowser on Hard Mode as a Nintendo character.
- GUILE - Unlocked by beating M. Bison as a Capcom character.
- CUTMAN - Unlocked by beating Dry Bowser as a Capcom character.
- MIKE HAGGAR - Unlocked by beating Dry Bowser on Hard Mode as a Capcom character.