The Nintendo Mercury, abbreviated NM, is a video game console released by Nintendo on September 12, 2020. The Nintendo Mercury sold 37.4 million game consoles within a few weeks.
Unlike the Wii and Wii U, it has a two-handled "handlebar" controller rather than a remote. It is the color of the chemical element mercury, after which it's named, as well as the planet. The slogan for the Mercury was "It's out of this world!"
The Nintendo Mercury comes in many colors. As mentioned before, the Mercury usually comes in the color mercury, or silver.
Nintendo Mercury controller
The Nintendo Mercury controller is the standard controller of the Mercury. It consists of several buttons of many types. There are many color variations of the controllers, including solid or clear colors.
- E Trigger
- F Trigger
- Control Stick
The Nintendo Mercury was popular for many reasons, one of those reasons being the release of many games, which made it one of Nintendo's most successful gaming consoles. The Mercury has also been praised for its graphics.
- When naming the game console, Nintendo thought about naming it the Saturn or Venus but decided against it because they didn't want to run into any lawsuits with Sega, who had a console named the Saturn back in 1994.
- Many believed that Nintendo tried to copy the Sega Saturn but they really didn't. They simply wanted a gaming console named after a planet in our Solar System
- There were many sci-fi and space games released on the Mercury including Star Fox and Super Mario Galaxy as well as Metroid
- Mercury actually stands for something; however, Nintendo hasn't told us what it is yet
- They also named it the Mercury for its color and after the messenger in Roman mythology named Mercury, who was very fast.