Mario is a default character in Nintendo Fighters. Being Nintendo's mascot, it is obvious that he would be in. It is likely that he will return in future sequels.
- Standard Special: Fireball: Mario throws a fireball, dealing a small amount of damage.
- Side Special: Koopa She'll Kick: Mario kicks a koopa shell, which deals a lot of damage to whoever it comes in contact with.
- Up Special: F.L.U.D.D: Mario uses F.L.U.D.D. To get higher up in the air. This is Mario's recovery move.
- Down Special: Ground Pound: Mario performs a ground pound, damaging whoever is hit with the ground pound as well as emitting small shock waves upon landing.
- Final Smash: Mario Finale: Mario shoots a large wave of fire, dealing massive damage.