New Super Mario Bros. Theta, or New Super Mario Bros Θ, is a fan game and a 2D sidescroller, featuring old enemies, new concepts, and a new character to use.
See Boss Battles
The Layout for the worlds is simple, two courses, a tower, three courses (plus a hidden route), an Airship, two courses to choose from, then the castle (the secret worlds don't use this layout):
- Mushroom Plains: The starting world and Bowser's first line of defense.
- Donut Desert: A desert level where every Pokey loves to be and no water dares to flow.
- Vanilla Glaciers: The ever-cold glaciers from Super Mario Kart return.
- The Sunshine Isles: You ever miss the Sunshine Isles from Sunshine and 64 DS? Now you can re-explore them again (just be sure to watch for Deep Cheep Chomps).
- Rumble Jungle: These Pirahna Plant-infested jungles are hazardous, but not required to get to Level 6 (just take Flower World instead!).
- Choco Mountains: Ever wonder where N64's Choco Mountains came from? Explore beyond the Mario Kart racetrack and climb up the delicious peaks.
- Marshmallow Clouds: Fluffy, bouncy and tasty, the Marshmallow Clouds are both flavorful and terrifying (to anyone that has a fear of heights, that is).
- Ghost Valley of Bowser: Instead of his usual fiery kingdom, Bowser allied with King Boo, turning the Ghost Valley into his own lair (Yes, there is a Luigi's Mansion stage: it's the local castle to be exact)
- Bowser's Volcanic Fortress (One stage only): When Bowser set up shop in the haunted valley, he grew a volcano in the middle to act as his castle, ruling over everything in his molten fortress.
- Mushroom World: A hidden level that provides an alternate route to World 3.
- Flower World: A secret boss-free world that gives safe passage to those wishing to avoid the dense jungles.
- Star World: A challenging world only playable with the blue bomber, Star World houses 8 robot masters from past games that he must face before taking on the final castle.
- World 1 Map
- World 1 Overworld
- World 2 Map
- Desert (World 2 Overworld)
- World 3 Map
- Snow (World 3 Overworld)
- World 4 Map
- Beach (World 4 Overworld)
- World 5 Map
- Jungle (World 5 Overworld)
- World 6 Map
- Underground (World 6 Overworld)
- World 7 Map
- Athletic (World 7 Overworld)
- World 8 Map
- Ghost (World 8 Overworld)
- World 9 Map
- Tower Theme
- Airship Theme
- Castle Theme/ World 9 Overworld
- Battle: Koopa Bros. Ambush
- Tower Boss: The Elites
- Tower Boss: Reznor
- Airship Boss: The Koopalings
- Airship Boss: Bowser Jr.
- Castle Boss: The Big Guys
- Final Boss Phase 1: Bowser
- Final Boss Phase 2: Dry Bowser
- Final Boss Phase 3: Giga Bowser
- Credits Cutscene
- MEGAMAN: Regular Stage
- MEGAMAN: Underground Stage
- MEGAMAN: Jungle Stage
- MEGAMAN: Athletic Stage
- MEGAMAN: Boss Stage
- MEGAMAN: Boss Theme (World 9 only)
- TRUE Final Boss: Dr. Wily
- Instead of being powered-up with similar abilities, when Mega Man picks up a power-up, he gains one of his downloaded abilities and the coloration he sports when he gains the power.