Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|New Super Mario Bros. III|
|Max. amount of players||6|
New Super Mario Bros. III (New Super Mario Bros. Trey in some regions) is the sixth game in the New Super Mario Bros. series. It introduces many new elements such as Amulets, and the Super Strike.
One day, Ludwig was in the library of Bowser's Airship, when a book bopped on his head; in it, there was written the legend of the Nine Silver Orbs. When collected together, these allowed the fullfilling of all wishes. Toad hears this during a walk. The Mario Bros. are sent to collect the Orbs before Bowser does.
Gameplay includes new elements:
- Amulets: When grabbing one of those, a temporary (slightly overpowered) item will be granted. One-use items can also appear.
- Super Strike: By gaining Power-Ups, defeating enemies and scoring points, a bar will be slightly filled (it will decrease if damage is taken). When full, a powerful attack (the Super Strike) can be executed.
- Energy: By collecting coins, a small bar can be filled, and several special moves can be executed. These all slightly empty the bar, though.
- More TBA
NOTE: All power-ups save Mario from one hit.
|Image of Power-Up/Form (if possible)||Name||Ability(/ies)|
|Super Mushroom||Allows Mario to break Brick Blocks.|
|Fire Flower||Allows Mario to shoot balls of fire. Unlike other games, where they bounce, they now fly in a straight line.|
|Penguin Suit||Allows Mario to slide on his belly after running for long enough, and shooting ice balls that will freeze enemies.|
|N/A||Acid Flower||Allows Mario to throw acid balls, which can make holes in walls and floors. Occasionally, there are points where holes must be made in the walls to progress.|
|N/A||Bob-omb Mushroom||Allows Mario to throw lit Bob-ombs.|
|Ice Flower||The Ice Flower functions like in Super Mario Galaxy; Mario can run over water and lava (which are turned into hexagon platforms). A added twist, is that he can freeze enemies completely, turning them blue. If the enemies were in mid-air, they'll fall and shatter. The Ice Flower will wear off after 20 seconds, so use it wisely.|
|Mega Mushroom||In this temporary state, Mario turns giant and can devastate everything he comes in contact with (or at least mostly everything). By ground pounding, Goombas and coins will fall down.|
|Rainbow Star||The Rainbow Star from Super Mario Galaxy replaces the Super Star in this game. It's effects are completely the same as the Super Star, except that Mario is invincible for longer, his agility overall increases a lot, and Mario can smash through certain objects and walls.|
|Blue Shell||One of the strongest items in the entire game, returning from New Super Mario Bros. for the DS. When gained, running makes Mario slide in his shell, rendering him completely invincible, being able to defeat enemies, damage bosses, and even pass through normally harmful objects. It cannot be gained from ? Blocks or shops; the only way to gain it is by defeating a Blue Koopa Troopa, much like NSMB's multiplayer.|
|Hammer Suit||Finally returning from SMB3, the Hammer Suit allows Mario to throw hammers in a short upward arc, and when crouching, Mario can block most attacks. He cannot slide on slopes, though.|
- Grass Land: The classic first world in the Mario games.
- Plage Rainforest: A mix-match between the beach and jungle worlds. There's poisoned water and a lot-of ol' l'il fishies 'ere. What more do ya want ?
- Grey Den: An entirely new world: The CAVE WORLD ! Isn't that great ? No, you say ? I understand, there's a lot of falling rocks, drills, jackhammers and construction devices here. Don't wander too deep, will ya ?
- Savannah Wastelands: A mix between a savannah, wastelands and the classic desert world. Get enough water with you ! Unique to this world is that you can ride dromedaries and camels.
- Sky High: This is such a tall mountain you can reach the welkin (figuratively). And you can walk on the clouds ! (literally).
- Dark Land: Aaaaaaah. Dark Land. Of course this couldn't be missing from the scene, right ? Will you finally confront Bowser ? Rather strange considering Iggy is here too...
- Vexing Chateau: You already guessed Dark Land was a trap, right ? Well, now this is going to make you say "HOLY GOOMBA !": This huge contraption consists of Bowser's Castle, World Bowser, Bowser's Keep, Castle Koopa and Neon Castle. It will take you long to complete it's 19 courses... but it's worth it.
An unique feature in this game, is that the Koopalings are first fought in their SSB4 Clown Cars, and in the fight's second phase, they fight by themselves or using a weapon.
Differences from other games
- Like New Super Mario Bros. and New Super Mario Bros. 2, Kamek is absent.
- The Ice Flower now functions like in Super Mario Galaxy.
- Similarly, the Super Star is now replaced by Super Mario Galaxy's Rainbow Star.
- Alot of enemies from the original New Super Mario Bros. that didn't make it in the next installments return.
- The Desert World is now World 4.
Beta elements, pre-release and unused content
- Originally, a whole different story for the game was planned, in which a Ztar known as Nebula destroyed Peach's Castle, then attacked Bowser's Castle and took the Koopalings with him. Bowser was forced to work together with Mario.
- Bowser was considered a playable character, but due to the first story getting replaced, the idea didn't make it in the final game.
- New Super Mario Bros. III is the only game in the New Super Mario Bros. series in which Peach isn't kidnapped for the game's entirety.