Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Publisher(s)||(In Fandom of course)|
|Nintendo IC March 1, 2012|
|1-4 Players (Local and Online)|
|Media Included||Nintendo IC Mini-Disk|
It's new, it's super, it's New Super Mario Bros. IC. The game is for the Nintendo IC. It's created by Arend's brother. Bowser and his 8 children kidnapped Princess Peach (surprisingly) and the Mario Bros. are going to rescue her.
- Adventure - Save Princess Peach from the evil Koopa King Bowser and his eight children.
- Normal Mode - Travel around world maps, visit toad houses, find secret exits and more.
- Challenge Mode (unlockable) - A more challenging mode. It got different world maps with less Toad Houses and more Enemy Courses. When platforming, levels will be more tricky because of smaller platforms, more enemies and relocated Star Coins. Sometimes even secrect exits will take you to different places than in Normal Mode.
- Free Mode - Just play courses without worrying about your saved game data.
- Battle - The brothers will battle each other to show who is the real Superstar. This mode is multiplayer only.
- Minigames - Play minigames alone or with friends.
- Options - Settings for controls, online play and more can be found here.
The player needs to travel trough many places of the Mushroom Kingdom to get to Bowser. Here is a list of worlds and the bosses.
|World||Location||Fortress Boss||Castle Boss||Airship Boss||How to get?|
|World 1||Plains||Larry Koopa||BowserBot 1.0||No Airship||From the start|
|World 2||Beach||Wendy O. Koopa||Super Blooper||No Airship||Complete the castle of World 1|
|World 3||Forest||Iggy Koopa||Petey Piranha||Boom Boom||Complete the castle of World 2|
|World 4||Ice||Lemmy Koopa||Cool Koopa||No Airship||Complete the airship of World 3|
|World 5||Desert||Morton Koopa Jr.||Podoboss||No Airship||Complete the castle of World 4|
|World 6||Sky||Ludwig von Koopa||King Lakitu||Kamek||Complete the castle of World 5|
|World 7||Mountain||Roy Koopa||Army Hammer Bros.||No Airship||Complete the airship of World 6|
|World 8||Volcano||Bowser Koopa Jr.||BowserBot 2.0||Bowser Koopa||Complete the castle of World 7|
|World 9||Swamp||Larry & Wendy||Morton Jr. & Roy||No Airship||Complete all levels from world 1 to 8|
|World 10||Space||Lemmy & Iggy||Ludwig & Bowser Jr.||Overlord Bowser||Complete the castle of World 9|
|World Special||Toy Box||No Fortress||No Castle||Doom Boom||Collect Star Coins for levels|
- ? Block - What it contains is a mystery
- Brick Block - Super Mario can break these, but they sometimes contain items
- Grab Block - Grab them and throw them at enemies
- ♪ Block - Let Mario jump higher and they sometimes contain items
- POW Block - Defeats all enemies on screen and let floating coins drop
- Used Block - This block contains no items and does not have any effect
- Super Mushroom - Makes Mario bigger and more powerful.
- Mini Mushroom - Makes Mario smaller and is less powerful, but can enter small pipes
- Propeller Mushroom - With this thing, Mario can fly in the sky
- Light Mushroom - With this thing, nothing will stay hidden for Mario
- Fire Flower - Let Mario throw fire
- Ice Flower - Let Mario throw ice
- Blue Shell - Mario can use his shell like a koopa
- Starman - Makes Mario unbeatable
- 1-Up Mushroom - Gives a extra life
- Coin - Collect 100 for an extra life
- Red Coin - Collect 8 (in time limit) for an Power-Up
- Blue Coin - Normal coins who sometimes appear when pressed on a P-Switch.
- Star Coin - Collect 3 per level and trade them for bonuses
- P-Switch - Turns the Coins in Bricks and vice versa or let blue coins appear
- ?-Switch - What is going to happen?
The Mario Bros. can take different forms with different powers by using Power-Up. The Mario Bros. will loose their powers when they got hit by an enemy. Mario's powers can be separated in 3 categories.
A Red colored form indicates that it is a very common Power-Up and can be found in almost every course
A Yellow colored form indicates that it is a common Power-Up and can be found in many courses
A Blue colored form indicates that it is a uncommon Power-Up and can be found in many courses, but often on hidden locations
A Purple colored form indicates that it is a rare Power-Up and can only be obtained in secret areas or other special ways
The Mario Bros. are small and a bit weak and if the Mario Bros. get hit by an enemy, the player will lose a live. Powers that belong in this category are:
- Small Mario - The player will start the game in this form. This is the only form that can't be accessed by a Power-Up. Nothing Special
- Mini Mario - The Mario Bros. will turn in this form if they touch a Mini Mushroom. In this form, the Mario Bros. are light and small enough to fit in the smallest pipes, but also very weak.
The Mario Bros. are big and strong, but if the Mario Bros. get hit by an enemy, the Mario Bros. will turn back in Small Mario. Powers that belong in this category are:
- Super Mario - The Mario Bros. will turn in this form if they touch a Super Mushroom. Nothing special.
The Mario Bros. are big, strong and have one special ability, but if the Mario Bros. get hit by an enemy, the Mario Bros. will turn back in Super Mario. Powers that belong in this category are:
- Fire Mario - The Mario Bros. will turn in this form if they touch a Fire Flower. In this form, the Mario Bros. can throw fireballs.
- Ice Mario - The Mario Bros. will turn in this form if they touch an Ice Flower. In this form, the Mario Bros. can throw iceballs.
- Propeller Mario - The Mario Bros. will turn in this form if they touch a Propeller Mushroom. In this form, the Mario Bros. can fly staight up in the sky.
- Light Mario - The Mario Bros. will turn in this form if they touch a Light Mushroom. In this form, the Mario Bros. can see clearly in dark areas and hidden blocks and areas will be highlighted.
- Shell Mario - The Mario Bros. will turn in this form if they touch an Koopa Shell. In this form, the Mario Bros. can use their Shells. Preform a Shell Dash to break Brick Blocks from the side and defeat enemies.
The Mario Bros. are big, strong and have multiple extra abilities, but if the Mario Bros. get hit by an enemy, the Mario Bros. will turn back in Super Mario. On top of that, these Power-Up are rare. Powers that belong in this category are:
- Penguin Mario - The Mario Bros. will turn in this form if they touch an Penguin Suit. In this the Mario Bros. can throw iceballs, slide on their belly (to break Brick Blocks from the side) and swim a lot easier under water. The Bros. also won't slip on ice and move a bit slower.
- Phoenix Mario - The Mario Bros. will turn in this form if they touch an Phoenix Suit. The Mario Bros. can shoot fireballs and flap their wings so they can jump higher and slowly go back to the ground. It also let them run faster.
These powerful forms last only for a short time sadly.
- Invincible Mario - The Mario Bros. will turn in this form if they touch a Starman. The Mario Bros. will defeat any enemy when they touch one.
- Mega Mario - The Mario Bros. will turn in this form if they touch a Mega Mushroom. The Mario Bros. will break everything in their sight.
- Fire Mario (and Fire Luigi) got a different look in this game (based on its appearance in Super Mario Bros. 3) to fit with Ice Mario's and the Fire Toads colors.
- To let the two Toads look a bit more different from each other, the blue Toad now has glasses like in Super Mario Galaxy. He didn't have glasses in earlier editions of the game though.