|New Super Mario Bros.: Extreme Adventure|
New Super Mario Bros.: Extreme Adventure is a game for the Wii U and another sequel to (New) Super Mario Bros. series. The game is heavily based on (New) Super Mario series. and on games like Super Mario World and Super Mario Land, but it is a Mario game in the vein of games like Super Mario 64 (DS), Super Mario Sunshine, Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2 and Super Mario 3D Land & 3D World.
Mario, Luigi and his friends like Princess Daisy, Toadsworth, Yoshi, Toadette, Princess Rosalina and others were celebrating Mario's birthday on Peach's Castle. They all celebrate, while the Wario Bros. appear trying to make a "surprise" to Mario: trying to put a Bob-omb on the cake that Peach and Daisy made and trying to steal some gold from the castle. While this, the Koopa Troop also pretend to ruin Mario's Party. Iggy, Ludwig and Bowser Jr. improve some of the Troop machines to attack the Mushroom Kingdoom.
Just as Mario is about to blow the candle out and just as Wario is about to explode the cake, some tremors are felt by all at the castle. All of them run at outside, seeing Bowser Airships launching cannons at the castle. Bowser appears with Kamek, saying that he wanted to join the Party and wanted to give his present. Bowser Jr appears at this moment, getting Mario with the Junior Clown Car and launching him far from the castle. The Wario Bros. try to escape from the Koopas, but Kamek sees them and capture them into a magic bubble. The Koopalings and some members of the Troop start to capture some Mario friends, while others escape from them. Peach, Daisy, the Wario Bros., Blue Toad and Yoshi were all captured.
The gameplay of New Super Mario Bros.: Extreme Adventure is very similar to that of past New Super Mario Bros. games, especially New Super Mario Bros. U. Mario must clear levels by defeating enemies within an amount of time. Players can play up to 4 players at once, returning from New Super Mario Bros. U. Each character now has different stats, like in Super Mario Bros. 2 and all can be chosen before starting a level. Familiar items and power-ups return, like the Ice Flower. Vegetables and other objects can be picked and thrown just like in Super Mario Bros. 2. A new thing is that the vegetable changes its appearence during the levels. The Spin Jump from Super Mario World also return.
When you unlock a character, the game works like Super Mario 3D World, where you can choose the characters freely.
OBS: The Mii character have different outfitts at several levels, but loses them when gain a power-up. The Mii can choose to use only the normal suit:
- At grassland levels, , , and , the Mii uses normal suits.
- At autumn forests, the Mii uses a beekeeper's costume.
- At desert levels, the Mii uses a cowboy costume.
- At beach levels, the Mii uses beach clothes.
- At underwater levels, the Mii uses a scuba diving gear.
- At snow levels, the Mii uses a ski clothing.
- At cave levels, the Mii have a Pickaxe and crystals inside a backpack.
- At jungle levels, te player uses a jungle suit.
- At ghost levels, the Mii uses a Pumpkin Suit.
- At mountain levels, the Mii uses a Rock Suit (similar to Rock Mario).
- At factory levels, th Mii uses a hard hat.
- At sky levels, the Mii gains wings (like Winged Yosh)
- At space levels, the Mii uses a space suit.
- At volcano levels, the Mii uses a Gas Mask.
Shopkeepers & Toad House Guide
- Toadette & Toadsworth (W1)
- Bee (WA)
- Cobrat (W2)
- Pianta (W3)
- Whittle (WB)
- Penguin (W4)
- Mony Mole (WC)
- Jibberjay (W5)
- Greenie (WD)
- Hammer Bro. (W6)
- Gearmo (WE)
- Lakitu Buddy (W7)
- Lubba (WF)
- Bob-omb Buddy (W8)
- Polari & Luma (W★)