— Nester's reveal trailer tagline
“Nester plays with Nintendo Power!”
|Super Smash Bros. Rebirth|
|Official Debut||Nintendo Power Volume 1 (1988)|
|Final Smash||Nintendo Power!|
|Home Stage||Meta Crystal|
- Neutral Special: NES Zapper
- Side Special: Power Glove Smack
- Up Special: Human Cannonball
- Down Special: Strike!
- Final Smash: Nintendo Power! - Nester uses several cheat codes featured in Nintendo Power issues to power himself up. After doing so, Nester's attacks are boosted, and the final blow is Nester jumping on the opponents' heads to come out of a pipe, referencing the first cover of Nintendo Power. This move does 39% damage to opponents.
- Neutral Special: Pro Beam
- Side Special: Power Pad 360
- Up Special: Hang Glider
- Down Special: Double Strike!
- Neutral Special: NES Zipper
- Side Special: Roll 'n' Slammer
- Up Special: Ring Bounce
- Down Special: Turkey!
- Nester is the only character who's home stage is not from their series.
- Meta Crystal originated from Super Mario 64's Cavern of the Metal Cap mission.
- Nester is also the only character who originally appeared as a joke character/hoax in any previous Smash games.
- Even though there was a Toad hoax during Melee, Captain Toad is a completely different character.