NES Mario, identified as Retro Mario ingame, is an unlockable character in Super Smash Bros. Endgame. He is Mario but in the classic days, he is a lightweight character.
Retro Mario looks like a sprite version of Mario from SMB1.
- Retro Mario appears from a Warp Pipe, just like Mario and Luigi would. However he doesn't say anything when he jumps out.
- The original Mario falls from the sky and transforms into Retro Mario.
|Neutral Attack||Retro Mario attacks the player three times with kicks.|
|Side Attack||Retro Mario kicks his opponent sideways.|
|Up Attack||Retro Mario jumps to the air and flip kicks the opponent.|
|Down Attack||Retro Mario sweep kicks his opponent.|
- Retro Mario turns into the original Mario briefly before turning back.
- Retro Mario looks to the screen, confused.
- Retro Mario grows bigger.
- Retro Mario enters a castle.
- Retro Mario slides down the flagpole and spins around.
- Retro Mario looks at the screen, and winks.
- SMB1 Luigi costume.
- Wario's costume.
- Waluigi's costume.
- SMB1 Fire Mario costume.
- Thinner Mario costume.
- Modern Mario color costume.
- Modern Luigi color costume.
- Retro Mario originally was going to be a DLC character, but was changed into an unlockable character.