NEO Sonic is a reboot of the Sonic franchise made by a different company, Locked Gaming. The series takes place in a futurstic middle ages time and it features characters from many canons (the main canon, spin-off entries, the Archie comics canon and the Sonic Boom canon) abnd the characters keep thier main anon designs, while their personalities and abilities are changed, some were removed, others were addede.
The story is different and takes place in a different location, with a world without any humans.
Kingdom of Mobius
- Queen Aleena: Queen of the kingdom of Mobius and the mother of Sonic the Hedgehog, Maniac the Hedgehog and Sonia the Hedgehog. She is being hunted down by a mysterious group known as the Withers. She only is mentioned in the first and second game, while making a full appearance in the third one. She posses magic abilities, which she uses to hide from the withers.
- Sonic the Hedgehog: The older son of Aleena and the next prince in succesion of the throne. He is on a war against the Kingdom of Aether, which made a threat against the Kingdom of Mobius. He is now more serious, less arrogant and he is more combat skilled than before.
- Sonia the Hedgehog: Aleena's only daughter and princess of the kingdom. She doesn't have speed based attacks like her brother, so she resorts to using different kinds of weapons, such as blades, chainsaws, etc., she is the smartest of the trio.
- Maniac the Hedgehog: The younger son of Aleena and the most crazy of the trio. Always getting in trouble and being rescued by Sonic and Sonia. He also is the fastest of the group, but that isn't an advantage on the war.
Kingdom of Aether
- Honey the Cat: A bounty hunter that would kill or steal anyone or anything just for money. She has two golden pistols that are incredibly fast and agile. She seems like to always change sides.
- Neo Sonic (Nintendo DS, 2007) - Takes place during the beginning of the war. Players alternate between the three main characters in a platformer - role-playing - stealth mix kind of game.
- Neo Sonic II (Nintendo DS, 2010) - Takes place during the middle of the war. Introduces more playable characters and an alternate story where the player can play as the members of the Kingdom of Aether.
- Neo Sonic III (Nintendo 3DS, 2013) - Takes place at the end and after the war. Introduces open-world gameplay with different side paths and different endings depending of the players choices.
- Neo Sonic IV (Nintendo 3DS, 2014) - To be released.
- Neo Sonic VS (Wii, 2011) - Fightning game, ala Sonic the Fighters, featuring characters from the first and the second game.
- Neo Sonic VS - Part II (Wii U, 2014) - A sequel to Neo Sonic VS, featuring characters from the third and fourth games.