|Mushroom Kingdom: The Game|
|February 29th, 1990|
|Media Included||MK:tG Strategy Guide|
Mushroom Kingdom: The Game is a choose your own adventure game by Phony Entertainment.
"You, Super Mario, wake up one day and find yourself at a party. At your house. And you weren't invited. The house seems to have changed. It's bigger and all the rooms are different. Plus, you now have a large group of friends that you don't remember. What's up with that? Did I miss something here? Anyway, what should you do?". After that famous sentence has been uttered, the game continues. The player can choose between talking to other characters, leaving the house, or checking out other things.
- Mario - The protagonist. You play him.
- The friends (Peach, Luigi, Tumble, DK, Petey Piranha, Toad, Twink) - The persons that you know more than anyone.
- The inventors (E. Gadd and Dr. Crygor) - They have invented something weird.
- The picniccers (Wario and Waluigi) - They don't do anything but eat.
- Pokeys - Dancing to the music, which you find annoying.
- 9-Volt - He plays games all day long.
- The shop owners (Bowser, and Bowser, Jr.) - They own a shop selling weird stuff.
- Although the game was released in 1990, characters that didn't appear until 10 years later do appear.
- The letter Q appeared exactly 1337 times.